Teaching high school aged international students English as a Second Language. Courses may include grammar, reading, writing, listening, and speaking. Classes may be scheduled during mornings, afternoons, and evenings during Monday to Saturday. Instructors are expected to be well-informed and well-prepared to support student learning in a positive and well-structured way.
ESL Qualification (IE.: TESOL, ESL AQ Course offered by Ontario’s Ministry of Education)
ESL teaching experience
- Prepare subject material for presentation according to an approved curriculum.
- Teach students through lectures, discussions, and audio-visual presentations.
- Assign and correct homework.
- Prepare, administer and correct tests.
- Evaluate and discuss students' progress with students, parents and admin.
- Develop course materials and curriculum content.
Essential Skills: Adequate reading, numeracy, writing, and oral communication. Working with others, Problem solving, Decision making, Critical thinking, Job task planning and organizing, Record and assessment keeping, Finding information, Computer use, and Continuous learning.
Indeed - 5 months ago
At OIT, our mission is to foster world citizens and to enable students to acquire knowledge, skills, and values in a respectful and...