High School Social Studies and Humanities Teacher (Canadian History, Geography, English)
$18-20/hr Part Time, Day or Evening
Teaching high school aged international students social studies and humanities courses. Classes may be scheduled during mornings, afternoons, and evenings Monday to Friday. Instructors are expected to be well-informed and well-prepared to support student learning in a positive and well-structured way.
Bachelor of Education and OCT Certified
University Degree Specialized in subject related fields
Familiar with Ontario Curriculum
Knowledge in teaching methodology
Confidence teaching Social Studies and Humanities to Higher Level students
Experience working with international students is preferred
- Prepare subject material for presentation according to an approved curriculum.
- Teach students through lectures, discussions, and audio-visual presentations.
- Assign and correct homework.
- Prepare, administer and correct tests.
- Evaluate the progress of students according the Ministry of Education's expectations and discuss results with students, parents and school officials.
- Develop course materials and curriculum content.
Adequate reading, numeracy, writing, and oral communication. Working with others, Problem solving, Decision making, Critical thinking, Job task planning and organizing, Record and assessment keeping, Finding information, Computer use, and Continuous learning.
At OIT, our mission is to foster world citizens and to enable students to acquire knowledge, skills, and values in a respectful and...