Ontario Consumers Home Services Employee Reviews in Canada

Very competitive
Sales Subcontractor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 7, 2016
A typical day was spent with sales training in the morning then door to door marketing in the afternoon. At this job I learned how to convince people to let me inspect their water heaters and furnaces to determine whether they need to be replaced then convince them to sign up for a new water heater rental. The management was kind of scary and very demanding. My co-workers were all very nice. The hardest part of the job was overcoming the radio advertisements from direct energy saying that what we were doing would be bad for customers. The enjoyable part was driving from location to location, meeting new people and getting to be outside a lot.
Pros
lots of freedom to choose new territory
Cons
long hours and angry hoome owners
pyrimd scam
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 10, 2016
make you work 12+ hours 7 days a week for strict commission not only that but you wont see your first payment until you have worked there for a month
Pros
free lunch tuesdays
Cons
everything else
its interesting going door to door to sell a product. its on the job experience which is good thing in that it makes you step out of your comfortzone
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  toronto,onOctober 20, 2015
i would do it again if my time schedule become more manageable. it helped me to grow this summer in the fact that i step out of my comfort zone.
Pros
amazing chill time
Cons
Great staff /co-workers, fast pace environment
customer service representative (Current Employee) –  2225 Sheppard Ave E Toronto ONNovember 4, 2015
Great staff/co-workers, always keeping busy with calls and offline work. Helpful staff can ask for advise/feedback when needed and support is provided.
Pros
Helpful staff/co-workers
Cons
Irate customers
taught me a lot about buisness
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 15, 2015
was a good experience. Direct marketing, door to door sales in winter. My manager was 18, my co workers were supportive. The hardest part of the job was remaining grounded and keep going. The most enjoyable part of the day, was closing a sale.
Pros
greeting 100s of people a day
Cons
door to door sales
bad
Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 31, 2015
company made all the representatives tell lies to customers and made them sign contract without letting the customers know all the terms of agreement.
Overall
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  ONSeptember 23, 2015
Commission Based
No education background required
No sales background required
long tiring hours
No detailed description of the job when applying
Pros
easy hire
Cons
long hours, commission based
It was Okay
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 24, 2015
Ontario Consumers was okay but required a lot from you. Long hours and really late evenings. I wouldn't per say recommend this to anyone expect you're in great need of a job
Dishonest from the start
N/a (Former Employee) –  north yorkApril 8, 2015
The company advertised for an admin assistant, when I arrived for the interview the admin assistant job interview has turned into a call-centre job interview.

False job advertising!!! Beware.
Pros
N/a
Cons
dishonest company - run as fast as you can
Long days, but fun
Door to Door Salesman (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, OntarioJuly 30, 2014
Working for Ontario Consumers was a lot of fun. The problem was Never being at home with my family. I learned a lot from the job, being a salesman is really the best way to teach you to have a good strong work ethic. The working environment is great, salespeople have to be positive and friendly to everyone. It's kind of in the job description.

The hard part obviously is pounding the pavement to get sales.
productive and fun environment. Great team fealing
Manager HVAC sales (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 10, 2014
Train HVAC sales personnel and motivate them daily to perform above and beyond their comfort zone.

I learned how to motivate people and money is not always the key motivator.

Working with a team of like minded positive people was a huge success.

Hardest part of the job was leaving to pursue my own business.

Team building was the most enjoyable part.
Pros
fast paced environment
Excellent Place to Work for Engineers
Water Heater Installation (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 19, 2013
I wanted to let you all know how much I appreciate Ontario Consumers Home Services as an employer. I have joined this company 6 months back and since then I am learning so many things from my seniors. They are very helpful.

Technicians and engineers are so polite and professional. They always answer to all of my questions. They are committed to getting their work done. I can honestly say that the experience that I have with Ontario Consumers Home Services is 100 % positive. Please share this with others and anyone who want to build their career in Consumers Electronics and Engineering.
Pros
good salary, flexible work hours, positive culture, good management, learning atmosphere
Cons
need to travel a lot as they provide mostly on-site assistance
A great big SCAM
Sales rep (Former Employee) –  619 yongeJuly 11, 2014
Firstly, the sales tactic they use is to force way into house, then con individuals into a product based on false math. I left after three weeks of working with this company, the office at 619 yonge. Upon realising that nobody on our team was making any money, I left. Pretty sure the practice here is find new recruits everyday, milk them for what you can, and in 3-4 weeks they will leave. It took me 3 months to get paid my commission. Initially they claimed nothing I sold actilually got installed. They took a quick 180 when I pointed out that I was back at the house the following day and watched it get installed. This company is a racket. They claim to be affiliated with companies they are not and they pretend to know about the equipment they are selling. If they era h a client who knows about these products, they move onto the next house.

Badge number 7839
Cons
60 hr weeks with no pay.
respects its workers
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONApril 12, 2015
a company that respects its personnel and i trusted me and my work ethic to get the job done. am quite comfortable with it.
Do not waste your time.... these guys are scammers
Sales (Former Employee) –  Everywhere .... it is door to door pitchingJuly 16, 2015
Okay....so these guys are good at sales and manipulating vulnerable people who quite possibly can't find work elsewhere.

When I applied for this job, I applied for an office position. And I honestly thought this is what I was applying for. And throughout the interview process they emphasized that there were a number of opportunities throughout the company in all departments.

After the first interview you are invited back for round two. And they still keep the lie going and continue to LIE about their roles right up until the end of the interview, when they assign you with a manager for the day....

They introduced the managers as if they were A list superstars and got us all excited.... I was rolling my eyes at this point....

After we were assigned one of the A List stars, we got in the car (having no idea what was going on) and drove to Barrie to do door to door sales..... And they broke the truth to us when we were half way up the highway....

So I just told them straight up, this is not for me and took the next bus back to Toronto.

These guys prey on vulnerable people. And what may sound like a good deal probably is not.

Please do not b stupid like me and let these guys SCAM/FOOL you with their well practiced sales pitch!!!!!!!!!!

You are better than these guys!
Pros
Cons
No stable salary, dishonest employers, commission based
Self-encouragement necessary and is a beneficial for developing communication and sales skills
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONMarch 27, 2014
- Approach houses in neighbourhoods that are most likely in need of home appliance upgrades
- Present our products to the customers, pros and cons of upgrading
- Sign up customers for a product upgrade
- Follow up with customers regarding product questions and/or concerns
- Learned to be able to identify the different concerns that customers had (awareness of details and circumstances)
- Learned how to promote a product in the best way yet still maintaining honesty to the customer
- I developed my communication skills and am able to build rapport with customers now
- Hardest part of the job is knowing how to deal with rejection from customers
- Most enjoyable part is being able build a personal relationship with satisfied customers
Pros
work at your own pace
Cons
long hours (up to 11 hour days)
Productive and fun
Outbound Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 7, 2013
This was a great place to work. Co-workers were extremely respectful. We would being the day by practicing our skills, and the team leader (manager) would tell us how to enhance our experience. Then, we would be assigned one area, and one teammate. Breaks are allowed when the Manager calls, and if you kept at pace.
Pros
great team
Do not work here.
Door-To-Door Salesperson (Former Employee) –  TorontoApril 19, 2015
False advertisement. I was a university student last year and applied for a marketing position. Went to the interview and they were not honest about their company and what they do. I left immediately after the first day. I should have read previous reviews and that is why i am writing this to warn you about this company.

I went to first day training and realized they made us do door to door, selling their heating and air conditioning systems which they claim to be associated with the toronto hydro. LIES LIES LIES. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME HERE. Also, on the day of training, they pair you up with one of those leaders who claim to make thousands of dollars in just a few weeks, bs. They bring you into their van to some sketchy location and they make you start selling door to door on the spot. They do not give you any information or heads up on what they are going to teach you or what you will be doing for the rest of the training.

They try to suck you in with their "life changing, motivational speeches". Which I almost fell for. I never do reviews, but this was something that was called for where I do not want other people to go through and waste their time with.
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
False Advertisement. Unethical company.
a hard sales job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 11, 2013
This is a company focused at sales (cold calls / door to door) to find new customers, there are no base salary for the sales agents and no base salary for the installers they have, all commission.
A typical work day starts from a meeting at the office at 11 am, with managers giving speech trying to boost up sales agents. At 12 am, the meeting ends and sales agents select an area they will be working in, have lunch and make cold calls from previous lead sheets, and start the door to door sales, some agents will misrepresent them self on purpose to gain trust from house owners, and some dont. the work ends at 5 -9 pm depending on weather condition and is flexible, but there are no pay untill a deal is sighed, and installation going through. ending up with many of the sales agents making 300 - 500 dollars a week for working 6 days a week and more than 8 hours a day.
Pros
flexible times
Cons
no job security, long working hours, stressful, gets all types of accusations due to industry reputation
Growth
Sales representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto ONFebruary 2, 2014
This company has thought me the opportunity of growth when it comes to my goals in life and what I should do to achieve it. They have opened my eyes to a team work environment.
Pros
incentives
Cons
commission based, unsecured

2.8