Ontario Consumers Home Services

Ontario Consumers Home Services Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Long days, but fun
Door to Door Salesman (Current Employee), Ottawa, OntarioJuly 30, 2014
Working for Ontario Consumers was a lot of fun. The problem was Never being at home with my family. I learned a lot from the job, being a salesman is really the best way to teach you to have a good strong work ethic. The working environment is great, salespeople have to be positive and friendly to everyone. It's kind of in the job description.

The – more... hard part obviously is pounding the pavement to get sales. – less
Terrible
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 29, 2014
Cons: commission pay
Commission pay and nothing is gauranteed. A phony company to work for.
A great big SCAM
Sales rep (Former Employee), 619 yongeJuly 11, 2014
Cons: 60 hr weeks with no pay.
Firstly, the sales tactic they use is to force way into house, then con individuals into a product based on false math. I left after three weeks of working with this company, the office at 619 yonge. Upon realising that nobody on our team was making any money, I left. Pretty sure the practice here is find new recruits everyday, milk them for what you – more... can, and in 3-4 weeks they will leave. It took me 3 months to get paid my commission. Initially they claimed nothing I sold actilually got installed. They took a quick 180 when I pointed out that I was back at the house the following day and watched it get installed. This company is a racket. They claim to be affiliated with companies they are not and they pretend to know about the equipment they are selling. If they era h a client who knows about these products, they move onto the next house.

Badge number 7839 – less
productive and fun environment. Great team fealing
Manager HVAC sales (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 10, 2014
Pros: fast paced environment
Cons: long hours
Train HVAC sales personnel and motivate them daily to perform above and beyond their comfort zone.

I learned how to motivate people and money is not always the key motivator.

Working with a team of like minded positive people was a huge success.

Hardest part of the job was leaving to pursue my own business.

Team building was the most enjoyable part.
Self-encouragement necessary and is a beneficial for developing communication and sales skills
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONMarch 27, 2014
Pros: work at your own pace
Cons: long hours (up to 11 hour days)
- Approach houses in neighbourhoods that are most likely in need of home appliance upgrades
- Present our products to the customers, pros and cons of upgrading
- Sign up customers for a product upgrade
- Follow up with customers regarding product questions and/or concerns
- Learned to be able to identify the different concerns that customers had (awareness – more... of details and circumstances)
- Learned how to promote a product in the best way yet still maintaining honesty to the customer
- I developed my communication skills and am able to build rapport with customers now
- Hardest part of the job is knowing how to deal with rejection from customers
- Most enjoyable part is being able build a personal relationship with satisfied customers – less
Growth
Sales representative (Former Employee), Toronto ONFebruary 2, 2014
Pros: incentives
Cons: commission based, unsecured
This company has thought me the opportunity of growth when it comes to my goals in life and what I should do to achieve it. They have opened my eyes to a team work environment.
Commission based
Authorized Agent (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 30, 2013
learned how to deal with all sorts of customers
good management
friendly co wokers
Excellent Job
Team Leader, Door-To-Door Sales Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 22, 2013
Pros: money
Cons: long hours
I've never had so much fun, growth opportunity and amazing pay as I have here at Ontario Consumers Home Services. Stumbling on their ad on Craigslist changed my life.
a hard sales job
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 11, 2013
Pros: flexible times
Cons: no job security, long working hours, stressful, gets all types of accusations due to industry reputation
This is a company focused at sales (cold calls / door to door) to find new customers, there are no base salary for the sales agents and no base salary for the installers they have, all commission.
A typical work day starts from a meeting at the office at 11 am, with managers giving speech trying to boost up sales agents. At 12 am, the meeting ends and – more... sales agents select an area they will be working in, have lunch and make cold calls from previous lead sheets, and start the door to door sales, some agents will misrepresent them self on purpose to gain trust from house owners, and some dont. the work ends at 5 -9 pm depending on weather condition and is flexible, but there are no pay untill a deal is sighed, and installation going through. ending up with many of the sales agents making 300 - 500 dollars a week for working 6 days a week and more than 8 hours a day. – less
Productive and fun
Outbound Agent (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 7, 2013
Pros: great team
Cons: long hours
This was a great place to work. Co-workers were extremely respectful. We would being the day by practicing our skills, and the team leader (manager) would tell us how to enhance our experience. Then, we would be assigned one area, and one teammate. Breaks are allowed when the Manager calls, and if you kept at pace.
True Recognition and Supportive Work Culture
Electrical Engineer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 19, 2013
Pros: supportive environment, recognition, promotion, good salary
Cons: no job satisfaction, mostly onsite work, not good choice for woman
I have been working with Ontario Consumers Home Services for just over sixth months. This is my first job where everyday I actually look into going into work. Management within this company have created such a positive and supportive environment. I feel like I have truly grown within this company and I am a stronger and more confident person. What is – more... also great within Ontario Consumers Home Services is that they offer so many possibilities for promotions. I have had previous jobs were they boast about the promotions that I was eligible, qualified and guaranteed but never was it followed through for myself or anyone. OCHS truly recognizes hard work and dedication, and offers so many opportunities for promotions. For the first time in my life I can say that I truly have job satisfaction! But as the job profile requires you travel a lot to the onsite, it was not made for me!!! Miss u guys. – less
Excellent Place to Work for Engineers
Water Heater Installation (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 19, 2013
Pros: good salary, flexible work hours, positive culture, good management, learning atmosphere
Cons: need to travel a lot as they provide mostly on-site assistance
I wanted to let you all know how much I appreciate Ontario Consumers Home Services as an employer. I have joined this company 6 months back and since then I am learning so many things from my seniors. They are very helpful.

Technicians and engineers are so polite and professional. They always answer to all of my questions. They are committed to getting – more... their work done. I can honestly say that the experience that I have with Ontario Consumers Home Services is 100 % positive. Please share this with others and anyone who want to build their career in Consumers Electronics and Engineering. – less