Ontario Consumers Home Services Pay & Benefits reviews

Summer Job was for experience
Home Comfort Specialist (Sales & Team Manager) (Former Employee) –  North York, ON3 May 2017
Typical sales job that requires you to make sales or you do not get paid at all. I also had to train people without pay. The only reason why I stayed around for the summer was because I was really good at sales. I was making about $5000 a month and was only working for 3 months. This was my first sales job so I was naive and how things worked. They do not tell you to save a percentage of your check for tax. That should be the number one thing they should tell their employees.
Pros
Made fast money.
Cons
Worked long hours and should of gotten more pay for what I was in charge with.
It was very competitive and tiring but the hard work paid off!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 May 2017
OCHS is a very good company. The workplace it self is very fun and it encourages healthy competition. The job itself is very hard and most of the time you get doors shut in your face. But if you work hard and don't give up. The hard work pays off.
Pros
Bonus and good salary.
Cons
Long hours and rude customers
what a place
sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 December 2016
if i say i have much to say about this place, i will be deceiving everyone and myself. they have good people working there. i loved working with my co-workers.
Pros
free lunch
pyrimd scam
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 June 2016
make you work 12+ hours 7 days a week for strict commission not only that but you wont see your first payment until you have worked there for a month
Pros
free lunch tuesdays
Cons
everything else
Overall
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  ON23 September 2015
Commission Based
No education background required
No sales background required
long tiring hours
No detailed description of the job when applying
Pros
easy hire
Cons
long hours, commission based
Do not waste your time.... these guys are scammers
Sales (Former Employee) –  Everywhere .... it is door to door pitching16 July 2015
Okay....so these guys are good at sales and manipulating vulnerable people who quite possibly can't find work elsewhere.

When I applied for this job, I applied for an office position. And I honestly thought this is what I was applying for. And throughout the interview process they emphasized that there were a number of opportunities throughout the company in all departments.

After the first interview you are invited back for round two. And they still keep the lie going and continue to LIE about their roles right up until the end of the interview, when they assign you with a manager for the day....

They introduced the managers as if they were A list superstars and got us all excited.... I was rolling my eyes at this point....

After we were assigned one of the A List stars, we got in the car (having no idea what was going on) and drove to Barrie to do door to door sales..... And they broke the truth to us when we were half way up the highway....

So I just told them straight up, this is not for me and took the next bus back to Toronto.

These guys prey on vulnerable people. And what may sound like a good deal probably is not.

Please do not b stupid like me and let these guys SCAM/FOOL you with their well practiced sales pitch!!!!!!!!!!

You are better than these guys!
Pros
Cons
No stable salary, dishonest employers, commission based
Productive and enjoyable - self employment
Direct Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  North York, ON3 January 2015
A typical day at work starts with practice of sales presentation with other employees followed by a sales motivational meeting with the Director of the office we belong to. Afterwards a short but relaxing lunch break while heading out to the territory we are assigned to that day. For 6-8 hours we are each given a street(s) to work on where we directly represent the company, products and services to homeowners at their place of residence. The hardest part of the job is overcoming the rejection that occurs each day, however after several days of seeing and hearing the same things this becomes normal. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting people who truly benefit from meeting myself, and being introduced into the latest essential home equipment which maximizes the efficiency of their energy use and decreases their monthly bills. By truly helping people and then collecting the commissioned sales cheques, is the most thrilling experience because it's easily seen that great work has been done.
Pros
Great commission and compensation, working with highly motivated individuals
Cons
Long hours and frustrating interactions when focus is lost
Terrible
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 July 2014
Commission pay and nothing is gauranteed. A phony company to work for.
Pros
Cons
Commission pay
Commission based
Authorized Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 August 2013
learned how to deal with all sorts of customers
good management
friendly co wokers
a hard sales job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 June 2013
This is a company focused at sales (cold calls / door to door) to find new customers, there are no base salary for the sales agents and no base salary for the installers they have, all commission.
A typical work day starts from a meeting at the office at 11 am, with managers giving speech trying to boost up sales agents. At 12 am, the meeting ends and sales agents select an area they will be working in, have lunch and make cold calls from previous lead sheets, and start the door to door sales, some agents will misrepresent them self on purpose to gain trust from house owners, and some dont. the work ends at 5 -9 pm depending on weather condition and is flexible, but there are no pay untill a deal is sighed, and installation going through. ending up with many of the sales agents making 300 - 500 dollars a week for working 6 days a week and more than 8 hours a day.
Pros
flexible times
Cons
no job security, long working hours, stressful, gets all types of accusations due to industry reputation
True Recognition and Supportive Work Culture
Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 April 2013
I have been working with Ontario Consumers Home Services for just over sixth months. This is my first job where everyday I actually look into going into work. Management within this company have created such a positive and supportive environment. I feel like I have truly grown within this company and I am a stronger and more confident person. What is also great within Ontario Consumers Home Services is that they offer so many possibilities for promotions. I have had previous jobs were they boast about the promotions that I was eligible, qualified and guaranteed but never was it followed through for myself or anyone. OCHS truly recognizes hard work and dedication, and offers so many opportunities for promotions. For the first time in my life I can say that I truly have job satisfaction! But as the job profile requires you travel a lot to the onsite, it was not made for me!!! Miss u guys.
Pros
supportive environment, recognition, promotion, good salary
Cons
no job satisfaction, mostly onsite work, not good choice for woman
Excellent Place to Work for Engineers
Water Heater Installation (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 April 2013
I wanted to let you all know how much I appreciate Ontario Consumers Home Services as an employer. I have joined this company 6 months back and since then I am learning so many things from my seniors. They are very helpful.

Technicians and engineers are so polite and professional. They always answer to all of my questions. They are committed to getting their work done. I can honestly say that the experience that I have with Ontario Consumers Home Services is 100 % positive. Please share this with others and anyone who want to build their career in Consumers Electronics and Engineering.
Pros
good salary, flexible work hours, positive culture, good management, learning atmosphere
Cons
need to travel a lot as they provide mostly on-site assistance