Ontario Clean Water Agency Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Wonderful place to work.
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Amherstburg, ON30 October 2016
OCWA was a wonderful place to work. Work was steady and rewarding. I was supplied proper safety equipment on my first day. My co-workers and manager were all lovely people who always had a compliment to say and were all so friendly. The hardest part of the job was the bike ride to and from work but going to work was very rewarding.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere, lots of help.
Cons
Working outside.
This company values contacts above its employees
Operator / Mechanic (Former Employee) –  South Western Ontario17 May 2014
Horrible on call rotation, one week off one week on. Was forced out as a result of raising concerns about the way the SCADA system was operating in a Water treatment facility. Management cannot be trusted. Was told as long as we did our job and logged everything that we would have support from the company, this was a blatant lie as all they are concerned about is the renewal of new contracts. If you enjoy your sanity I would not work for this company.
Pros
Cons
everything
Over all a good place to work but confusing at times
Project Coordinator/Asset Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga Ontario13 March 2014
A typical day at Ontario Clean Water Agency was full of new challenges and new situations to deal with.
I learned a great deal working here in many areas which has given me knowledge in areas I had not work in before.
I learned how to be a data base administrate for one of their key applications, which has given me a insight on how to handle and manage a great deal of data.
Management was a bit confusing here they weren't really organized, and way to many politics.
I enjoyed the fact that I learned many different types of duties and was involved on different levels.
I would never work for OCWA again. Underqualified personnel in management positions.
Laboratory Consultant (Former Employee) –  Petawawa, ON24 September 2012
They are a company that values money first over the people who work for them. My job was lost to political pandering in my home town to gain a contract even though it involved a major conflict of interest on their part hiring the mayors son to secure a contract. Unfortunately I was caught up in that mess and my contract was not renewed.
Pros
money is good
Cons
no job security
The Ontario Clean Water Agency(OCWA)
Operator/Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 August 2013
OCWA is a asset to The Provincial Government of Ontario as are the employees that work for them serving the people of Ontario. I am fortunate to have served with OCWA for over 12 years and it will take much consideration to leave their employ.
Pros
Job Security, Potential Advancement
Cons
Goverment Wage Controls
Great experience
Co-op Placement - Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON14 July 2013
During my time at OCWA as a co-op placement, I worked independently. I spent my time typing up workplace manuals, editing documents, creating charts and graphs. I did some filing, entered information into the database etc. There was not much experience in teamwork activities.
Pros
Flexible hours
Fun job
Water Treatment Technician (Former Employee) –  Carleton Place, ON15 May 2014
Another job lost to politics. Management team was great. People on my team were real and fun to around every day. Hardest part of this job was lifting 100 pound bags of hydrated lime used in the settling process.
Pros
Processes learned
Cons
Loss of job
if you consider yourself normal, don't even think about this company
Instrument Technician (Former Employee) –  ontario8 March 2013
government company that shouldn't exist, it make absolutely no sense only a big waste of taxpayers money
Cons
only the worst unqualified and usless ppl work for this place
Great contract Job!
Asset Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto21 April 2015
4 Months of new experiences, amazing environment. Wish contract was longer, will work for again if having the opportunity
Productive and fun place to work. Busy and challenging
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON16 July 2014
Provided secretarial support to the Operations Manager, Maintenance Manager and
Assistant Manager.
• Compiled data for various water readings and input information into the Ministry of
Environment documents as provided.
• Opened daily mail and organized the process of information as needed.
• Coded payable invoices according to budget, inputting information for purchase
orders as per authorizations.
• Typed up minutes for monthly City meetings around Capital budgeting items.
• Input all staff and managers payroll information for processing.
• Hired, interviewed, orientated and supervised summer student office staff.
• Completed scheduling, letters, memo's and faxing of data.
• Contacted the Health unit , school board and city hall when water or sewer readings
were not within regulated standards of the ministry of environment.
• In charge of arranging for summer student employment, review and orientation
Pros
Always had a special lunch day for employee's. Guy's were always very supportive.
Cons
Smell of plant was not always pleasant.

2.8