Ontario Clean Water Agency

Ontario Clean Water Agency Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
This company values contacts above its employees
Operator / Mechanic (Former Employee), South Western OntarioMay 17, 2014
Cons: everything
Horrible on call rotation, one week off one week on. Was forced out as a result of raising concerns about the way the SCADA system was operating in a Water treatment facility. Management cannot be trusted. Was told as long as we did our job and logged everything that we would have support from the company, this was a blatant lie as all they are concerned – more... about is the renewal of new contracts. If you enjoy your sanity I would not work for this company. – less
Fun job
Water Treatment Technician (Former Employee), Carleton Place, ONMay 15, 2014
Pros: processes learned
Cons: loss of job
Another job lost to politics. Management team was great. People on my team were real and fun to around every day. Hardest part of this job was lifting 100 pound bags of hydrated lime used in the settling process.
Over all a good place to work but confusing at times
Project Coordinator/Asset Management Specialist (Former Employee), Mississauga OntarioMarch 13, 2014
A typical day at Ontario Clean Water Agency was full of new challenges and new situations to deal with.
I learned a great deal working here in many areas which has given me knowledge in areas I had not work in before.
I learned how to be a data base administrate for one of their key applications, which has given me a insight on how to handle and manage – more... a great deal of data.
Management was a bit confusing here they weren't really organized, and way to many politics.
I enjoyed the fact that I learned many different types of duties and was involved on different levels. – less
The Ontario Clean Water Agency(OCWA)
Operator/Mechanic (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 28, 2013
Pros: job security, potential advancement
Cons: goverment wage controls
OCWA is a asset to The Provincial Government of Ontario as are the employees that work for them serving the people of Ontario. I am fortunate to have served with OCWA for over 12 years and it will take much consideration to leave their employ.
Great experience
Co-op Placement - Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONJuly 14, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
During my time at OCWA as a co-op placement, I worked independently. I spent my time typing up workplace manuals, editing documents, creating charts and graphs. I did some filing, entered information into the database etc. There was not much experience in teamwork activities.
if you consider yourself normal, don't even think about this company
Instrument Technician (Former Employee), ontarioMarch 8, 2013
Cons: only the worst unqualified and usless ppl work for this place
government company that shouldn't exist, it make absolutely no sense only a big waste of taxpayers money
I would never work for OCWA again. Underqualified personnel in management positions.
Laboratory Consultant (Former Employee), Petawawa, ONSeptember 24, 2012
Pros: money is good
Cons: no job security
They are a company that values money first over the people who work for them. My job was lost to political pandering in my home town to gain a contract even though it involved a major conflict of interest on their part hiring the mayors son to secure a contract. Unfortunately I was caught up in that mess and my contract was not renewed.