The Ontario Addiction Treatment Centres (OATC) was founded in 1995 by concerned and compassionate Physicians. Their goal was to assist individuals who suffered from opioid dependence; providing high quality opioid agonist treatment and mental health in a safe, secure and non-bias environment. Today, OATC services over fifty communities throughout Ontario within urban, rural and remote areas, treating over ten thousand patients daily.
Please visit our website for more information - www.oatc.ca
About the Position:
The Support Staff (SS) is a first line contact with all clinic visitors. Daily interaction with the public, clients and their families and with a muti-disciplinary healthcare team of professionals is a key function and daily task. Being compassionate, friendly and able to understand the difficulties our clients face when entering an Addiction Treatment Clinic is essential. Stress can be a factor, so the individual should be calm and complacent when dealing with this aspect.
You have superb communication skills, and the ability to provide information over the phone or in person to all potential clients and visitors.
Duties and skills required:
- Answer phones and assist callers by providing basic information about the treatment program and its facilities. (Connect to Counselor and/or qualified staff based on callers inquiry)
- Check and verify client’s registration and/or payments (health card information), populating and maintaining client’s profile.
- Books applicable clients appointments as directed by designated healthcare staff.
- Completes product and medical supplies inventory, faxing/emailing appropriate checklist outlined in OATC policy & procedure manual.
- Opens and closes clinic daily and on a consistent bases as outlines in the procedures and protocols manual.
- Produce and maintain appropriate records and reports as required by OATC policy and protocol, Provincial and Federal Regulations.
- Maintains a sanitary work site, keeps daily records of clinic cleaning pertaining to health and safety.
- Orients and trains new staff as directed by Managers on OATC policy, procedures and protocols.
- Provides support to other clinics with daily operations as delegated by Managers.
- Minimal completion of a secondary school education a MUST
- Completion of a post-secondary education in Medical/Health and/or Office Administration from an accreditation institution is a valued plus.
- Experience in a Medical Office or Clinic setting is a STRONG ASSET.
- Experience in performing Venipuncture, Urinalysis testing (UDS) and ECG is an asset.
- Valid and up-to-date CPR or HCP certification an asset
- Valid and up-to-date criminal records check.
- Sound computer and documentation (manual/computer based) skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to interact with a multidisciplinary team of healthcare professionals.
- A people person with great problem solving, decision making and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to interact with diverse and cultural clients, showing compassion, sensitivity and support.
Compensation and Employment Terms:
Starting - $13.50 hourly, for 25.5 to 31.5 hours per Week/Weekend
Kitchener, ON (1 Vacancy) – Some travel to area clinics maybe required.
Interested candidates are asked to submit their resume in confident, quoting file number: 002-KTNREST-002
Be advised, only those selected for an interview with be contacted. OATC is an equal opportunity employer.