The Ontario Addiction Treatment Centres (OATC) was founded in 1995 by concerned and compassionate Physicians. Their goal was to assist individuals who suffered from opioid dependence; providing high quality opioid agonist treatment and mental health in a safe, secure and non-bias environment. Today, OATC services over fifty communities throughout Ontario within urban, rural and remote areas, treating over ten thousand patients daily.
Please visit our website for more information - www.oatc.ca
About the Position:
The Case Manager (CM) promotes a positive behavioural change to clients who suffer from an opioid dependence. The Case Manager is responsible for clinical oversight, client care and delivery of patient focused services such as; assessment and service planning. Other deliverables that are associated with the CM are case management, outreach, crisis intervention and one-on-one patient counselling to address clients individual treatment needs.
The Case Manager (CM) works alongside a collaborative team of healthcare professionals who execute a delegated action plan by a licenced Physician.
Duties and skills required:
- Maintain a professional, trusting and confidential relationship with clients based on mutual trust and respect and in accordance to all OATC policies, protocol and governing legislation.
- Orientate and coach new clients to the program rules, policies, procedures and clients rights.
- Conduct a detail interview with client, assessing their problems/needs, developing and rolling out a counselling and intervention (treatment) action plan program to assist them.
- Weekly meeting with clients for intervention maintenance and supportive advocacies, ensuring client continues their commitment of completion of the program.
- Consult with on-site licenced Physician, discussing client’s condition and appropriate intervention measures that are needed. (Admission, discharge and/or transfer of MMT clients).
- Identify additional and/or alternative services within the local community, providing a referral or channel for outreach, allowing the client to stay engaged and comply with program requirements.
- Collaborate with a diverse team (Physician, Pharmacist, Nurses and Support Staff), ensuring clients are supported and act as an advocate for them thorough the MMT maintenance process.
- Prepare and provide all statistical data pertaining to clients to direct reporting Manager and/or healthcare professional associated with individual clients on a monthly bases.
- Completion of a post-secondary degree in Counselling, Psychology, Behavioural Science and/or Social Work from an accreditation institution.
- Advanced Issues in Opioid Dependence Treatment (AODT) certificate is a define asset.
- Crisis intervention training is a valued plus.
- One year of experience working with clients who are drug/alcohol addiction dependent.
- Experience in a clinic or health services setting is a STRONG ASSET.
- Sound computer and documentation (manual/computer based) skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills while interacting with a diverse team.
- A people person with great problem solving, decision making and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to interact with diverse and cultural clients, showing compassion, sensitivity and support.
Compensation and Employment Terms:
Starting - $23.00 hourly, for 40 hours per week
Sudbury, ON (1 Vacancy)
This is a 6 month contract position with a possible permanent extension for the right candidate.
Training it provided to the successful candidate for integration into all OATC policies, protocol and best practice standards.
Interested candidates are asked to submit their cover letter and resume in confident, quoting file number: 002-SDBRY-002CM
Be advised, only those selected for an interview with be contacted. OATC is an equal opportunity employer.