Ontario's LHINs Employee Reviews

Very busy work place
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON2 August 2017
Very busy days in Intake
Hardest part of the job was not able to give clients services they needed.
Most enjoyable was employees that I worked with, most were real team members willing to help others
I very much enjoyed working at the LHIN.
Administrative Assistant, HSI (Bilingual) (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON28 June 2017
I enjoyed my 5 years spent at the LHIN, not only because of liking my role and responsibilities, but because the colleagues were also pleasant to work with.

The LHIN offered great professional development.
Productive and great place to work at
Student (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON6 June 2017
Definitely the best job that i've had so far ! The environment is excellent, and the people working there make the opportunity to work there amazing!!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 March 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job is the clients, their family and coworkers. Management has no respect for the workers and has no idea what is happening at the front line.
Very Family orientated
Registered Nurse, Access Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Timmins, ON10 March 2017
Love the people; very friendly. Flexible hours of work. Possibility of work from home. Great place to expand knowledge of community agencies and services,
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Difficulty acquiring requested vacation times
Team Assistant
Team Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON16 December 2016
Great experience during my time in nursing school, I was able to connect and make great relationships with nurses and other healthcare professionals to build on my experience through the job
Always busy and working against the clock
Decision Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 April 2016
The tools available for data mining were not the best and took a lot of time to query the data and produce useful information.
Benefits
Cons
Some times too busy
Great learning!
Intake, Team Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 March 2016
Extensive knowledge building on healthcare and private/public services. Interaction with public daily, full of multitasking.
encouraged development of my skill set
Care Coordinator/Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, N27 September 2015
Advanced skill set related to employment experience. Extremely high expectations from employer. All about the numbers.
Excellent environment and fun place to work.
Urgent Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 September 2015
Excellent culture with a customer service focus.

Problem solving, negotiation skills constantly used to meet client needs. Management encourages creativity in problem solving and promotes voluntary participation in projects to review and improve on current processes and procedures.

I have had several different managers at CCAC with their unique management style but the consistent message was to provide excellent client care with available resources. Client rights , dignity and privacy are paramount to ensuring a trusting, respectful relationship.

Typical day requires interaction with clients, their families, community agencies to help promote client independence and safety in the community/ home.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the clients, their families and within a multidisciplinary team.

The hardest part of the job is being at a computer 8 hours per day.

One of the lessons i learned is that personal support workers are critical to enabling clients to remain in their homes. The relationships that develop with the clients and their families brings dignity, friendship and hope to those in need.

For clients that do not have any supports, the PSW becomes their family. Clients ask for the PSW by name and constantly remark how their support makes "life worth living again".

It would be a great honour to train and mentor this invaluable link in the health care system. As a PSW support supervisor I would refer to the PSW's as the "angels on earth" .
Pros
learning environment
Cons
8 hours of computer work per day
Former Employee
CSA (Former Employee) –  london16 March 2015
The Job itself was rewarding, the disappointing part is that it is public money and the CEO treats it like her company. They treat employees like dirt and with no respect. They have had many grievances in against bullying and HR does nothing to stop this behavior from their managers. In theory great place to work but once you walk in the door you will need medication to help you get through the day. I have never worked at a place where you get treated like dirt everyday and managers and senior leaders just laugh it off. But easy to laugh off when they get 10 -15 % raises each year and no money for the front line workers.SWCCAC is not a place I would recommend unless you want to be stressed out at your job . The positive side is the workers are great people.
Pros
people are great
Cons
Management, lack of knowledge in thier area and bullies
Great Culture but Closed Club
Chief Information Officer (Former Employee) –  London, ON14 January 2015
Good culture, great place to learn, senior management still a closed club, but good for a few years
Pros
Free Mobile Device, always the best technology
Cons
too much coolaid drinking
working at CCAC
Team Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 June 2014
I process meditech referrals for clients that have come into the hospital for various reasons. I work well with my co-workers. The hardest part of my job is when the weather is bad and we cannot get the supplies out to the clients. I really enjoy when I get a chance to talk to the clients and knowing that I have helped them just by directing from to the right staff or giving them a phone number is they were directed to me by mistake.
Excellent organization for Health Care Professionals - no more night shifts!
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, Ontario13 May 2014
Reading previous reviews for the Champlain CCAC, I'd like to take the opportunity to speak frankly and honestly. First to address the job opportunities, there are tons of opportunities to be a Case Manager/Care Coordinator, in fact I have referred many of my past colleagues to the CCAC and there have been opportunities. However, it is true that if you are able to take the leap of faith and accept a temporary position, you will most likely secure something full time internally once your term ends. Prove yourself, and you can be rewarded! As a healthcare organization, of course we will encounter change, some adapt, and others resist. I would recommend to any registered Health Care Professional to apply to the Champlain CCAC and see for themselves!
Pros
35 hour work week
Cons
Of course healthcare can be stressful at times...
Team Assisstant
Team Assisstant (Current Employee) –  Waterloo-Wellington6 May 2014
A typical day at work includes pulling and completing reports, answering phone calls, problem solving, and data entry.

I have learned to think quick on my feet, especially when you are on the phone with a client. I have learned to problem solve, and work as a team. My co-workers are a great team to fall back on and ask for help if needed, we all have great relationships with each other.

The hardest part of my job is when a client is not happy. Especially in a health care setting, there is nothing worse then when a client calls you upset about their care.

The most enjoyable part of my job is when client's call with questions and I am able to answer them and give them assurance. They become so thankful for that, and that is very rewarding.
Hard to obtain FT position
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa South, ON24 April 2014
CCAC need to hire internally before going externally for FT positions. They do not hire the best qualified professional for some posting and only rely on Seniority.
Ccac
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton Ont7 February 2014
Great company to work for. I have worked with great women at
CCAC whom were very supportive. The work load was very demanding and challenging. The benefits and salary were satisfactory. Most of the work was rewarding but at times stressful.
Overall it is an amazing place to work
Client Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  St.Catharines, Ontario4 February 2014
It is great going into work, people are amazing to work with. Everyone is a team player. I have had the opportunity to learn the different settings from working in the hospitals to the community. I have learned a great deal from my colleagues and they all have great commitment to their work. Management are very professional people easy to work with,and easy approach. The hardest thing about my job is the fact of not having a regular schedule as relief person you don't have the continuity. However at this time I do have a contract for one year that gives me three days per week.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Unknown work schedule and it could take years to become full time
professional health care and relationship with clts/families/health care team
RN (Current Employee) –  Greater Toronto Area, ON22 May 2013
- 12 hrs shift from 8am to 8pm -responsible to deliver health care needs for ambulatory clts.
- maintain professional relationship with clts, families and staff.
- manage all aspects as RN of the CCAC Clinic.
- maintain respectable working environment for staff, orientate new staff members.
- the hardest part othe job number of clts per hr (min.3 clts).
- positive result of providing care
Pros
short lunches
Cons
number of clts per shift
Productive workplace with a great team atmosphere
Team Assistant (Current Employee) –  North Bay, Ontario9 May 2013
A typical day at work includes answering phone calls, data entry, starting new referrals for home care services and general office work. The CCAC has great management and I have a great relationship with my co-workers. The hardest part of the job for me is working the evenings and weekends and the most enjoyable part is great team atmosphere.
Pros
Great working relationships
Cons
Evenings and weekends

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ontario's LHINs. Our community is ready to answer.