Onion Lake Family Services Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
great co-workers
CASUAL ADMINISTRATION ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Onion Lake, SK26 May 2017
I had fun at olfs, I was only a casual admin assistant but I learned a lot about administration there. the ppl I worked with were wonderful, very professional. was sad to leave but I wanted to go back to school.
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
no cons
Child and Family Service job is always stressful and hard work, fast pace, however it can bring great accomplishments.
Family Counselor (Former Employee) –  Onion Lake, SK10 April 2012
There is always a lot of paper work involved, one has to make a lot of decisions everyday, and the case load is heavy. When I worked at this agency my case load was too heavy that it became very stressful however we had circles and ways on how to debrief so this helped a lot.

It was hard at times, I had to deal with relatives and friends and apprehend children and youth from their homes.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when you know you accomplished something in your job, when you see changes in the family system and when you know that you had stopped unsafe situations and that you were there for the child.
Pros
when you see changes within the family system, right desisions made, being a strong person wholistically, being patient, knowing ways to debrief, good support staff.
Cons
too much paper work, heavy case loads, stress, danger, apprehensions, having to deal with family and friends.