OneTouch Direct Employee Reviews

Worst Company I have encountered
L1 Service Desk (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines29 August 2014
They give consideration to schedule arrangement but other than that they have the worst policies i have ever encountered. There is no champion culture, employees are just a bunch of numbers. No over time pay, none or some holiday pay, full of salary discrepancies. People in the management feel like they are untouchables, doing what they can and want to do. They recognize the wrong people for the right job and reward the pretentious than the real hard working employee. Salary never gets appreciated. If you are desperate then this is the place for you, other than that work elsewhere.
Pros
Schedule accomodation
Cons
Too many to elaborate
Absolutely terrible
Sales (Former Employee) –  St catharines2 July 2014
Worst management that doesnt do anything , sits on their butt all day and blasts music, employees do all the work and commission structure is like a hard math equation.

You are expected to push customers to the point where they yell at you, and when you make sales , dont even expect a dime extra commision while they take the rest.

Terrible unirganized place to work where everyone says something different. i hope i saved plenty of people from making a terrible decision in their life

I wish i could gove a zero rating but i had to give at least 1 star.
Not Just a Call Centre
Telephone Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON8 May 2014
Onetouch Direct is a great place to work. They trained me well in learning how to work on a proper sales pitch with rebuttals and other techniques to provide cost effective solutions to outbound clients. The management was fun to be around and relaxed and my coworkers were really nice too.

The hardest part of the job was getting used to sales because I used to being more aggressive and assertive. Now that I've worked at Onetouch direct, I can say for sure that I ENJOY aggressive and assertive sales techniques.

Thanks Onetouch!
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Afternoon to Evening shift.
OTD
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON6 April 2014
One Touch was an on call place is was not a good place to work the boos never helped out the job was not that hard the job was no fun and the best part was i made sum good friends in the short time i was there
Pros
50/50 draws every Friday
Cons
not study work
Terrible place using the typical callcenter playbook
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON8 January 2014
They stiff you on bonus by taking away your valid sales that were read verbatim from material provided by them. When explained that I read the entire thing verbatim I was told the material I was given was wrong and was given a "new" set of pages that turned out to be the exact same material.

If you dont sell they send you home. All the top sellers are given inbound queue priority so they set up a pyramid scheme where if you dont sell you get no calls and cant sell and get sent home.

In the hiring process they tell you that you get every other weekend off. Since they were comically overstaffed they decided to change that and you get every other saturday off. Cool but that every other week they keep you working sunday so they make you work 6 days a week every other week but then end up sending you home on your extra day worked. So they have people working more to combat being overstaffed. In what world does this make any sense.

Team managers that sit behind you and talk all day and do zero work. When they finally get around to doing the 5 minutes of work they need to do they yell and complain so loud that you cant even hear your customer on the phone because their spreadsheet was opening slowly.
Pros
Cons
Inconsistant hours, terrible work environment.
Found new work
inbound/outbound telemarketer (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON26 December 2013
I started employment at Public mobile. One touch direct wouldn't keep giving me as much hours as I was offered at public mobile when I first began
Pros
Long hours at first
Cons
shortened shifts
Job Summary
Customer Service / Sales (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON25 December 2013
 Specialized in sales of internet packages to the customers of Verizon Communications over the telephone.
 Performed all aspects of customer service and satisfaction, including answering busy multi-line phone system, coordinating special promotions, and providing detailed information for various products.
 Resolved billing questions and disputes, made customer call-backs / follow-ups, and performed data entry.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON20 December 2013
For me it was a great place to work. They worked your schedule around what other things you had to do in life. it was so good people where always nice. i wish i didn't leave the Hilton but sadly i had too.
Pros
Great soups at lunch
Cons
Trashed rooms
Great hours, great incentives, great summer job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON3 July 2013
A normal day at One Touch Direct was basically attending your computer and calling customers. We usually called current customers, but once in a while we handled inbound customer service calls. It did get quite stressful time to time when you're trying to reach your quota for the week. Most managers were easy to work with and provided great daily incentives for people who made sales. My training class consisted of 20 people in April, and by the time i left One Touch Direct, me and one other person were the only people remaining from the training class. Basically, there really isn't job security at one Touch Direct, however its a great summer job with great hours.
Pros
good co workers and good hours and commission/incentives
Cons
no job security, stressful at times
typical call center
telephone sales agent (Former Employee) –  st. catharines28 May 2013
When I first started out with the company it was a decent place to work. My co-workers on my campaign were amazing to work with. Unfortunately the same couldn't be said of management as they were the cause of us losing our campaign. While some people were kept and moved to other campaigns, I lost all my hours, and was put on call. I went from 40 hours a week to only 5 hours over 3 weeks. I was forced to quit but later found out other employees were allowed to be laid off so they could get funding to go back to school..
Pros
great co workers
Cons
unreliable, bad management, stressful, low pay
fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON25 February 2013
Laid back. I liked my manager. Good place to work overall but long hours and not enough lunch and break time.
Pros
fun/laid back
Cons
not enough break
DO NOT WORK HERE!!!!!!!
Sales Representative, Full Time Employment (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON7 January 2013
A terrible place to work. They have a tendency to not meet their employees needs such as reasonable time off requests. And whatever time you miss, they force you to make up that missed time. The management discriminates certain against employees they do not like. Meaning they play the favourites game.
Pros
no pros!
Cons
too many to name
bad mangement disorganized company
Outbound calling Sales FullTime (Former Employee) –  st catharines21 September 2012
not good campaign...no options for growth no flexibility no team work..
Pros
full time hours
Cons
no room for growth and appreciation of good work