OneTouch Direct Employee Reviews

DO NOT WORK HERE!!!!!!!
Sales Representative, Full Time Employment (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON7 January 2013
A terrible place to work. They have a tendency to not meet their employees needs such as reasonable time off requests. And whatever time you miss, they force you to make up that missed time. The management discriminates certain against employees they do not like. Meaning they play the favourites game.
Pros
no pros!
Cons
too many to name
Awful Company
Audit & Data Entry Agent/Telephone Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON12 June 2015
This company treats their employees terribly. During my time there I was threatened with write-ups if I wouldn't come in for shifts on my days off with only one days notice. They would rip their employees off for commission by cutting the commission on sales in half if the employees didn't work a mandatory 35 hours per week. Then they would send people home because 'they don't have the labour money to keep everyone there', making it impossible for the employees to make the full commission they are supposed to get. They give write-ups to people for being late, when they aren't late as an excuse to fire people that don't make the sales rate each week. When asked for proof of the employees lateness they refuse to produce it. I was being harassed by a co-worker for 3 months, provided proof to my employer, including texts messages, witnesses, and emails sent on our work emails, and nothing was ever done except a write-up. The harassment continued until I was forced to quit. I would never recommend someone to work for this company.
Worst place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON5 February 2015
Management was a nightmare more like petty high-school games the manager was the ultimate reason I left not very good things to say about that place
Pros
Could get extra hours if wanted
Cons
Respect in the workplace was not present
Worst company so far
Outbound Sales (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines6 January 2015
No standardized process. Whatever the bosses says. If they want you fired. Next day you're out. No job security. If you are a good pet you would probably be still working for them.
Pros
Flexible schedule arrangement
Cons
Too many to mention
OTD
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON6 April 2014
One Touch was an on call place is was not a good place to work the boos never helped out the job was not that hard the job was no fun and the best part was i made sum good friends in the short time i was there
Pros
50/50 draws every Friday
Cons
not study work
Horribile, worst job I've ever had.
Technical Support (IBM (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON30 March 2015
Horrible company, When u sign the contract they can make you work manatory overtime. If you don't pitch a sale on a call the will give a write up.
Pros
benifits
Cons
Overtime without a choice
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON20 December 2013
For me it was a great place to work. They worked your schedule around what other things you had to do in life. it was so good people where always nice. i wish i didn't leave the Hilton but sadly i had too.
Pros
Great soups at lunch
Cons
Trashed rooms
Found new work
inbound/outbound telemarketer (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON26 December 2013
I started employment at Public mobile. One touch direct wouldn't keep giving me as much hours as I was offered at public mobile when I first began
Pros
Long hours at first
Cons
shortened shifts
Fun Environment and Open Management Policies
Sales (Current Employee) –  St Catharines, Ontario16 July 2015
Overall this job has been a good experience, however it isn't quite the right fit for me. It has very friendly staff, and a very family like office environment. Its a great job to earn some extra cash. I was doing AT&T sales and found that it was difficult to try to push a product I didn't necessarily believe in myself. In some cases the customer just had no reason to switch and they wanted us to push him to . Some people are great at this but its just not me. The typical day would involve sitting around waiting for calls, talking with the people around you. When a call comes in its likely a disconnect or a hang up. But when you do get a call you really need to grind out to try to get a sale. It's a good job if you have a good sales personality, but be prepared to work hard. They are very open about any policy change or shift change and do a daily meeting where they explain to the staff the upcoming changes. Great place to work, the job unfortunately doesn't really suit my personality. There's opportunity for commission but without being pushy you wont get it .
Pros
Good environment, Open Management, Commission Oppurtunity.
Cons
Boring, Difficult Work, Questionable Sales Techniques
Literally the WORST Call Center in the Niagara Region
Outbound Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON8 June 2016
I cannot for the life of me understand how anyone willingly chooses to work here. I have worked in many call centers in the past and I'm very aware of the call center culture and believe me when I say that this place is actually the worst place ever. THIS IS NOT AN EXAGGERATION

I don't even know where to start. The computers are ancient. The chairs are falling apart. The computer programs that they use are like from Windows 97 era. The workstations at this place are dirty. The working conditions can only be described as what you'd imagine working in a 3rd world country would be like.

This place doesn't pay for any of your breaks (most call centers do) so basically during an 8 hour shift, you would get a half an hour lunch and 2 breaks (all unpaid) you literally show up for 8 hours and get paid for 7. It's insanity.

The training is a joke. Most call centers have a dedicated department to training with trainers who actually have training experience. At this place your trainer is literally just whoever is available and training basically consists of your trainer just reading off a gazillion PowerPoint slides. Also training is 5 days. They expect you to learn pricing, product information, all 10 different systems that they use... all in 5 days

If you want to work here... don't expect to have any kind of home life. The shift you get is either 1-9 or 2-10 and you're expected to work Saturdays and Sundays. If you're looking to get a day shift... god help you

You're not allowed to use your cell phone at work. Which is pretty normal. What is not normal... is how you're
  more... literally not allowed to use the Internet whatsoever. Everything is blocked. Google. CNN. CBC. TSN. THE ENTIRE INTERNET is LITERALLY BLOCKED.

This is an outbound job that requires you to call people all day and try to sell them TV and Internet and phone. You mostly get old people who don't even have a computer and they expect you to someone convince them to get Internet. Sometimes you call people who aren't even alive anymore...

Oh I forgot, they also take $80 off your first paycheck too cause they make you buy your own headset for $40 dollars and charge you like $35 for a background check.

If you want to work at a call center you can literally work at any other call centers in the area. Literally every other call center in the area will actually pay you above minimum wage, has working equipment, decent shifts, will actually let you use the Internet during work and will pay you for your breaks.

NOTHING I HAVE SAID IN THIS REVIEW IS AN EXAGGERATION
Pros
Absolutely nothing. I honestly to god cannot think of one thing. Your 5 day training is 9-5?
Cons
Minimum wage, No paid breaks, No Internet, Bad chairs, Bad workstations, Bad conditions, Terrible shifts, Bad computers, Awful training, $80 deductions from your first paycheck
bad mangement disorganized company
Outbound calling Sales FullTime (Former Employee) –  st catharines21 September 2012
not good campaign...no options for growth no flexibility no team work..
Pros
full time hours
Cons
no room for growth and appreciation of good work
fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON25 February 2013
Laid back. I liked my manager. Good place to work overall but long hours and not enough lunch and break time.
Pros
fun/laid back
Cons
not enough break
productive fun enviroment
Sales representative (Former Employee) –  St Catharines ON1 September 2014
A great place to work fun environment with positive people.
Pros
music while working
Cons
not loud enough music while working
Pleasantly Surprising
Employee (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines20 August 2015
I came here begrudgingly with a "call centre attitude" of just ride it out until I find something else. I had worked at pretty much every other call centre by then and wasn't expecting much.

After just a few days, I noticed how much I enjoyed coming into work, the people I worked with were great and there was something different about the management. They really listen to you and get to know you. The familial feeling is undeniable and not only are you able to express yourself and be acknowledged as a person and not just an employee you have actual influence. If someone has a great idea, the management really tries to integrate it because they want you to be happy, they want you to do a good job.

I would certainly recommend OneTouch Direct to any one, whether you are looking for a temporary job, you're having trouble finding something else, heck, still trying to find yourself, or looking for a career. The commission can be great...like really, really great and the atmosphere is excellent. Sales is hard, but it is a valuable skill to master that will carry into other aspects of your life.
Pros
Great staff, A lot of opportunity, Coolest receptionist ever, Great commission, Fun treat days
Cons
Base wages aren't the greatest, Location isn't the most ideal if you don't drive, however there are busses, Hard work, can be stressful at times
Terrible place using the typical callcenter playbook
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON8 January 2014
They stiff you on bonus by taking away your valid sales that were read verbatim from material provided by them. When explained that I read the entire thing verbatim I was told the material I was given was wrong and was given a "new" set of pages that turned out to be the exact same material.

If you dont sell they send you home. All the top sellers are given inbound queue priority so they set up a pyramid scheme where if you dont sell you get no calls and cant sell and get sent home.

In the hiring process they tell you that you get every other weekend off. Since they were comically overstaffed they decided to change that and you get every other saturday off. Cool but that every other week they keep you working sunday so they make you work 6 days a week every other week but then end up sending you home on your extra day worked. So they have people working more to combat being overstaffed. In what world does this make any sense.

Team managers that sit behind you and talk all day and do zero work. When they finally get around to doing the 5 minutes of work they need to do they yell and complain so loud that you cant even hear your customer on the phone because their spreadsheet was opening slowly.
Pros
Cons
Inconsistant hours, terrible work environment.