OneTouch Direct Employee Reviews

Dont work here ever you Will regret it
Sales agent (Former Employee) –  Louth16 June 2015
worst call center i have ever work es at and i have work at maybe over 5 call centres management is ridiculous they write you up for anything. And everything. If you work here or are planning to work here you will just be making your life miserable believe me I worked here for a year I really needed the $ but at the end I told myself it wasn't worth all the stress and headache I had I would rather work at a McDonald's
Pros
Nothing ever
Cons
they give u bad review to any of your future employers even if you did as good as me
Awful Company
Audit & Data Entry Agent/Telephone Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON12 June 2015
This company treats their employees terribly. During my time there I was threatened with write-ups if I wouldn't come in for shifts on my days off with only one days notice. They would rip their employees off for commission by cutting the commission on sales in half if the employees didn't work a mandatory 35 hours per week. Then they would send people home because 'they don't have the labour money to keep everyone there', making it impossible for the employees to make the full commission they are supposed to get. They give write-ups to people for being late, when they aren't late as an excuse to fire people that don't make the sales rate each week. When asked for proof of the employees lateness they refuse to produce it. I was being harassed by a co-worker for 3 months, provided proof to my employer, including texts messages, witnesses, and emails sent on our work emails, and nothing was ever done except a write-up. The harassment continued until I was forced to quit. I would never recommend someone to work for this company.
What a joke!
sales rep (Former Employee) –  St catharines4 June 2015
I get hired and receive my welcome package waiting 2 weeks till training started I get an email stating training has been postponed with no start eta. After waiting 8 months I reapply and get hired go through training only to be educated there were new leads which was not true. . In the month I worked there they wanted me to sell to people that just canceled services and were broke due to over charges and etf fees and sick with cancer. As well I was trained to call people at work to sell to them. Telling them their area has been upgraded for new services available which was a lie. If you have a soul and strong work ethic don't work there. It will deplete you. Commissions on sales is a total illusion
Pros
na
Cons
Every aspect of the job staff and company
Horribile, worst job I've ever had.
Technical Support (IBM (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON30 March 2015
Horrible company, When u sign the contract they can make you work manatory overtime. If you don't pitch a sale on a call the will give a write up.
Pros
benifits
Cons
Overtime without a choice
Job Summary
Performance Manager (Current Employee) –  St.Catharines, ON24 February 2015
Typical Day; Coming in setting up the leads , communicating with clients and higher ups, doing pre-shift, do development sessions with management,

Learned ; Effective communications, how to operate many different programs, coaching tactics, prioritizing work, and adapting to different personalities.

Hardest part of the job; when not hitting goal , or when the team is struggling the hardest part is not showing emotions.

Enjoyable part; learning different cultures and meeting different people and personalities. Also, its always rewarding developing people and seeing results.
Worst place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON5 February 2015
Management was a nightmare more like petty high-school games the manager was the ultimate reason I left not very good things to say about that place
Pros
Could get extra hours if wanted
Cons
Respect in the workplace was not present
Worst company so far
Outbound Sales (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines6 January 2015
No standardized process. Whatever the bosses says. If they want you fired. Next day you're out. No job security. If you are a good pet you would probably be still working for them.
Pros
Flexible schedule arrangement
Cons
Too many to mention
Worst Company I have encountered
Service Desk (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON10 December 2014
You will work here if you are desperate. Most of the employees here are desperate except for a few who are fortunately treated well. This company doesn't have a good work culture environment. This company doesn't have good moral standards. This company doesn't even have standardized process in relation to training, information dissemination, policy and benefits (except for the external benefits provided by their 3rd party contractor). Management feel like they are royals and you are the pawn.
Pros
3rd party benefits
Cons
Everything except what is mentioned above
productive fun enviroment
Sales representative (Former Employee) –  St Catharines ON1 September 2014
A great place to work fun environment with positive people.
Pros
music while working
Cons
not loud enough music while working
Worst Company I have encountered
L1 Service Desk (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines29 August 2014
They give consideration to schedule arrangement but other than that they have the worst policies i have ever encountered. There is no champion culture, employees are just a bunch of numbers. No over time pay, none or some holiday pay, full of salary discrepancies. People in the management feel like they are untouchables, doing what they can and want to do. They recognize the wrong people for the right job and reward the pretentious than the real hard working employee. Salary never gets appreciated. If you are desperate then this is the place for you, other than that work elsewhere.
Pros
Schedule accomodation
Cons
Too many to elaborate
Absolutely terrible
Sales (Former Employee) –  St catharines2 July 2014
Worst management that doesnt do anything , sits on their butt all day and blasts music, employees do all the work and commission structure is like a hard math equation.

You are expected to push customers to the point where they yell at you, and when you make sales , dont even expect a dime extra commision while they take the rest.

Terrible unirganized place to work where everyone says something different. i hope i saved plenty of people from making a terrible decision in their life

I wish i could gove a zero rating but i had to give at least 1 star.
Not Just a Call Centre
Telephone Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON8 May 2014
Onetouch Direct is a great place to work. They trained me well in learning how to work on a proper sales pitch with rebuttals and other techniques to provide cost effective solutions to outbound clients. The management was fun to be around and relaxed and my coworkers were really nice too.

The hardest part of the job was getting used to sales because I used to being more aggressive and assertive. Now that I've worked at Onetouch direct, I can say for sure that I ENJOY aggressive and assertive sales techniques.

Thanks Onetouch!
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Afternoon to Evening shift.
Otd
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON6 April 2014
One Touch was an on call place is was not a good place to work the boos never helped out the job was not that hard the job was no fun and the best part was i made sum good friends in the short time i was there
Pros
50/50 draws every Friday
Cons
not study work
Terrible place using the typical callcenter playbook
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON8 January 2014
They stiff you on bonus by taking away your valid sales that were read verbatim from material provided by them. When explained that I read the entire thing verbatim I was told the material I was given was wrong and was given a "new" set of pages that turned out to be the exact same material.

If you dont sell they send you home. All the top sellers are given inbound queue priority so they set up a pyramid scheme where if you dont sell you get no calls and cant sell and get sent home.

In the hiring process they tell you that you get every other weekend off. Since they were comically overstaffed they decided to change that and you get every other saturday off. Cool but that every other week they keep you working sunday so they make you work 6 days a week every other week but then end up sending you home on your extra day worked. So they have people working more to combat being overstaffed. In what world does this make any sense.

Team managers that sit behind you and talk all day and do zero work. When they finally get around to doing the 5 minutes of work they need to do they yell and complain so loud that you cant even hear your customer on the phone because their spreadsheet was opening slowly.
Pros
Cons
Inconsistant hours, terrible work environment.
Found new work
inbound/outbound telemarketer (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON26 December 2013
I started employment at Public mobile. One touch direct wouldn't keep giving me as much hours as I was offered at public mobile when I first began
Pros
Long hours at first
Cons
shortened shifts
Job Summary
Customer Service / Sales (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON25 December 2013
 Specialized in sales of internet packages to the customers of Verizon Communications over the telephone.
 Performed all aspects of customer service and satisfaction, including answering busy multi-line phone system, coordinating special promotions, and providing detailed information for various products.
 Resolved billing questions and disputes, made customer call-backs / follow-ups, and performed data entry.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON20 December 2013
For me it was a great place to work. They worked your schedule around what other things you had to do in life. it was so good people where always nice. i wish i didn't leave the Hilton but sadly i had too.
Pros
Great soups at lunch
Cons
Trashed rooms
Great hours, great incentives, great summer job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON3 July 2013
A normal day at One Touch Direct was basically attending your computer and calling customers. We usually called current customers, but once in a while we handled inbound customer service calls. It did get quite stressful time to time when you're trying to reach your quota for the week. Most managers were easy to work with and provided great daily incentives for people who made sales. My training class consisted of 20 people in April, and by the time i left One Touch Direct, me and one other person were the only people remaining from the training class. Basically, there really isn't job security at one Touch Direct, however its a great summer job with great hours.
Pros
good co workers and good hours and commission/incentives
Cons
no job security, stressful at times
typical call center
telephone sales agent (Former Employee) –  st. catharines28 May 2013
When I first started out with the company it was a decent place to work. My co-workers on my campaign were amazing to work with. Unfortunately the same couldn't be said of management as they were the cause of us losing our campaign. While some people were kept and moved to other campaigns, I lost all my hours, and was put on call. I went from 40 hours a week to only 5 hours over 3 weeks. I was forced to quit but later found out other employees were allowed to be laid off so they could get funding to go back to school..
Pros
great co workers
Cons
unreliable, bad management, stressful, low pay
fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON25 February 2013
Laid back. I liked my manager. Good place to work overall but long hours and not enough lunch and break time.
Pros
fun/laid back
Cons
not enough break

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OneTouch Direct. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8