OneTouch Direct Employee Reviews

don't waste your time
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON14 December 2016
I went in because there was a "new base wage" of 13.15. What they don't tell you is it's actually minimum wage unless you work 37.5 hours a week+ (which you're not usually scheduled for) so you have to work extra hours or not take your lunches / breaks (which are unpaid anyways). The program I was in required us to take a test at the end of training which if we did not pass we would be let go. All in all, not a good place to work, very upset I wasted my time and turned down other job offers.
Pros
easy to get hired
Cons
unpaid breaks, unpaid lunches, no space to work, HR person did not tell us about what we were getting into
Long, stressful hours, but good co-workers
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON16 January 2017
OneTouch had us working from 2-10 or 11 each day and did very little to help us when we were struggling. We relied on each other to teach us how things were done and our supervisors would blame us for not knowing things. Overall I had a good experience because I met a lot of good people.
Pros
commission was a nice bonus, and occasional paid lunches
Cons
Very long hours
Sales Agent outbound
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON23 September 2016
I have to say this was the worst out of ALL the call centres I was at. Out of the blue they "clean house" and fire agents. They wait till you come back from your lunch and do it in front of everyone, which is very shameful on them to embarrass the agent like that. No reasons given just parting ways. No stability there, even after your probation period!! They have no tact when dealing with issues or employees either. Anyone who loves this place is not right in their mind. Think twice before going here unless you just want to make money quick for not a long time. If I could rate 0 I would for most of ratings.
Pros
Seeing friends
Cons
Management/pay/unstable positions
Run!run! As fast as you can
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON22 September 2016
I worked here for a full 4 days and absolutely hated it. It feels like you are in a dungeon working here. The training was very minimal, and always had someone watching over your back. Do not work here!
Pros
Cons
Bad management, horrible enviroment, feels like you are in a dungeon
Busy, Challenging, always changing
Service Help Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON14 May 2016
A typical day at work consists or multiple calls potentially of the same issue or a large assortment of issues. Helping to assist a store in getting their customers taken care of in a timely manner is gratifying
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Pay
Good place, just not for me
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON30 May 2016
Training is faced paced but you have tons of support, which doesn't stop after training. unlike most jobs the managers here actually try to help you improve. It ended up getting too competitve and stressful for me.
Awsome!
ANALYST, HELP DESK (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON15 June 2016
It is in my top places that I have ever worked!!!! very nice people and nice atmosphere!!! and I would recommend people to apply here!
Pros
friendly supervisors and HR
Cons
NONE!!!
WORST CALL CENTRE EXPERIENCE EVER
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  St. Catherines, ON23 October 2015
This company does not pay for breaks. Like every other establishment in this country. The staff are terse and rude, the HR is a former agent, and I have never once tolerated anyone refusing to train a new agent, let alone, deliberately withhold information, as the new agents are perceived as a threat to job security.

You want boiler room esque job...you found it. Middle management was comprised of known management failures from other centres, however they did seem to keep up the illusion of corp centre as the facilities were not terrible.

In a word...RUN!
Pros
absolutely non whatsoever.
Cons
Epic failure of policy and ineptitude
One Touch Direct
Technical support (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON30 July 2015
My day at one touch direct was alright each day. Things tend to get pretty dramatic with the management and the leads as well as people always having an issue with someone else in our counter part in tampa. I was under the impression everybody in the building was an adult but a lot of the team their shift leads did not act like it, at least on my campaign.

At the end of the day I learned about technical troubleshooting which is a skill I will have and continue to have.
Pros
Interesting calls
Cons
Very bad chairs for ergonomic support
Dont work here ever you Will regret it
Sales agent (Former Employee) –  Louth16 June 2015
worst call center i have ever work es at and i have work at maybe over 5 call centres management is ridiculous they write you up for anything. And everything. If you work here or are planning to work here you will just be making your life miserable believe me I worked here for a year I really needed the $ but at the end I told myself it wasn't worth all the stress and headache I had I would rather work at a McDonald's
Pros
Nothing ever
Cons
they give u bad review to any of your future employers even if you did as good as me
What a joke!
sales rep (Former Employee) –  St catharines4 June 2015
I get hired and receive my welcome package waiting 2 weeks till training started I get an email stating training has been postponed with no start eta. After waiting 8 months I reapply and get hired go through training only to be educated there were new leads which was not true. . In the month I worked there they wanted me to sell to people that just canceled services and were broke due to over charges and etf fees and sick with cancer. As well I was trained to call people at work to sell to them. Telling them their area has been upgraded for new services available which was a lie. If you have a soul and strong work ethic don't work there. It will deplete you. Commissions on sales is a total illusion
Pros
na
Cons
Every aspect of the job staff and company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON5 July 2015
Sales can be stressful. It's not a job for everyone. But in the time I was there I was treated well and treated fairly by all. Made some friends for life. The company does little things that mean a lot. Ice cream day, little treats at Easter, Christmas Hallowe'en etc.

I learned a lot about myself and what I was capable of.

Job Summary
Performance Manager (Current Employee) –  St.Catharines, ON24 February 2015
Typical Day; Coming in setting up the leads , communicating with clients and higher ups, doing pre-shift, do development sessions with management,

Learned ; Effective communications, how to operate many different programs, coaching tactics, prioritizing work, and adapting to different personalities.

Hardest part of the job; when not hitting goal , or when the team is struggling the hardest part is not showing emotions.

Enjoyable part; learning different cultures and meeting different people and personalities. Also, its always rewarding developing people and seeing results.
Great coworkers, they were great to work with
Service Desk (Current Employee) –  St Catharines9 July 2015
A typical day at One Touch Direct would be coming in and setting up your workstation waiting for calls to come in.
I learned a lot about my position and the campaign I was hired on.
My co workers were the best part of my job, they were mostly helpful and made every day fun.
Pros
na
Cons
na
Worst Company I have encountered
Service Desk (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON10 December 2014
You will work here if you are desperate. Most of the employees here are desperate except for a few who are fortunately treated well. This company doesn't have a good work culture environment. This company doesn't have good moral standards. This company doesn't even have standardized process in relation to training, information dissemination, policy and benefits (except for the external benefits provided by their 3rd party contractor). Management feel like they are royals and you are the pawn.
Pros
3rd party benefits
Cons
Everything except what is mentioned above
Worst Company I have encountered
L1 Service Desk (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines29 August 2014
They give consideration to schedule arrangement but other than that they have the worst policies i have ever encountered. There is no champion culture, employees are just a bunch of numbers. No over time pay, none or some holiday pay, full of salary discrepancies. People in the management feel like they are untouchables, doing what they can and want to do. They recognize the wrong people for the right job and reward the pretentious than the real hard working employee. Salary never gets appreciated. If you are desperate then this is the place for you, other than that work elsewhere.
Pros
Schedule accomodation
Cons
Too many to elaborate
Not Just a Call Centre
Telephone Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON8 May 2014
Onetouch Direct is a great place to work. They trained me well in learning how to work on a proper sales pitch with rebuttals and other techniques to provide cost effective solutions to outbound clients. The management was fun to be around and relaxed and my coworkers were really nice too.

The hardest part of the job was getting used to sales because I used to being more aggressive and assertive. Now that I've worked at Onetouch direct, I can say for sure that I ENJOY aggressive and assertive sales techniques.

Thanks Onetouch!
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Afternoon to Evening shift.
typical call center
telephone sales agent (Former Employee) –  st. catharines28 May 2013
When I first started out with the company it was a decent place to work. My co-workers on my campaign were amazing to work with. Unfortunately the same couldn't be said of management as they were the cause of us losing our campaign. While some people were kept and moved to other campaigns, I lost all my hours, and was put on call. I went from 40 hours a week to only 5 hours over 3 weeks. I was forced to quit but later found out other employees were allowed to be laid off so they could get funding to go back to school..
Pros
great co workers
Cons
unreliable, bad management, stressful, low pay
Job Summary
Customer Service / Sales (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON25 December 2013
 Specialized in sales of internet packages to the customers of Verizon Communications over the telephone.
 Performed all aspects of customer service and satisfaction, including answering busy multi-line phone system, coordinating special promotions, and providing detailed information for various products.
 Resolved billing questions and disputes, made customer call-backs / follow-ups, and performed data entry.
Great hours, great incentives, great summer job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON3 July 2013
A normal day at One Touch Direct was basically attending your computer and calling customers. We usually called current customers, but once in a while we handled inbound customer service calls. It did get quite stressful time to time when you're trying to reach your quota for the week. Most managers were easy to work with and provided great daily incentives for people who made sales. My training class consisted of 20 people in April, and by the time i left One Touch Direct, me and one other person were the only people remaining from the training class. Basically, there really isn't job security at one Touch Direct, however its a great summer job with great hours.
Pros
good co workers and good hours and commission/incentives
Cons
no job security, stressful at times

2.9