OneTouch Direct Employee Reviews in Canada

Busy, Challenging, always changing
Service Help Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONMay 14, 2016
A typical day at work consists or multiple calls potentially of the same issue or a large assortment of issues. Helping to assist a store in getting their customers taken care of in a timely manner is gratifying
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Pay
Good place, just not for me
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONMay 30, 2016
Training is faced paced but you have tons of support, which doesn't stop after training. unlike most jobs the managers here actually try to help you improve. It ended up getting too competitve and stressful for me.
Awsome!
ANALYST, HELP DESK (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONJune 15, 2016
It is in my top places that I have ever worked!!!! very nice people and nice atmosphere!!! and I would recommend people to apply here!
Pros
friendly supervisors and HR
Cons
NONE!!!
WORST CALL CENTRE EXPERIENCE EVER
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  St. Catherines, ONOctober 23, 2015
This company does not pay for breaks. Like every other establishment in this country. The staff are terse and rude, the HR is a former agent, and I have never once tolerated anyone refusing to train a new agent, let alone, deliberately withhold information, as the new agents are perceived as a threat to job security.

You want boiler room esque job...you found it. Middle management was comprised of known management failures from other centres, however they did seem to keep up the illusion of corp centre as the facilities were not terrible.

In a word...RUN!
Pros
absolutely non whatsoever.
Cons
Epic failure of policy and ineptitude
One Touch Direct
Technical support (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONJuly 30, 2015
My day at one touch direct was alright each day. Things tend to get pretty dramatic with the management and the leads as well as people always having an issue with someone else in our counter part in tampa. I was under the impression everybody in the building was an adult but a lot of the team their shift leads did not act like it, at least on my campaign.

At the end of the day I learned about technical troubleshooting which is a skill I will have and continue to have.
Pros
Interesting calls
Cons
Very bad chairs for ergonomic support
Dont work here ever you Will regret it
Sales agent (Former Employee) –  LouthJune 16, 2015
worst call center i have ever work es at and i have work at maybe over 5 call centres management is ridiculous they write you up for anything. And everything. If you work here or are planning to work here you will just be making your life miserable believe me I worked here for a year I really needed the $ but at the end I told myself it wasn't worth all the stress and headache I had I would rather work at a McDonald's
Pros
Nothing ever
Cons
they give u bad review to any of your future employers even if you did as good as me
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONJuly 5, 2015
Sales can be stressful. It's not a job for everyone. But in the time I was there I was treated well and treated fairly by all. Made some friends for life. The company does little things that mean a lot. Ice cream day, little treats at Easter, Christmas Hallowe'en etc.

I learned a lot about myself and what I was capable of.

What a joke!
sales rep (Former Employee) –  St catharinesJune 4, 2015
I get hired and receive my welcome package waiting 2 weeks till training started I get an email stating training has been postponed with no start eta. After waiting 8 months I reapply and get hired go through training only to be educated there were new leads which was not true. . In the month I worked there they wanted me to sell to people that just canceled services and were broke due to over charges and etf fees and sick with cancer. As well I was trained to call people at work to sell to them. Telling them their area has been upgraded for new services available which was a lie. If you have a soul and strong work ethic don't work there. It will deplete you. Commissions on sales is a total illusion
Pros
na
Cons
Every aspect of the job staff and company
Great coworkers, they were great to work with
Service Desk (Current Employee) –  St CatharinesJuly 9, 2015
A typical day at One Touch Direct would be coming in and setting up your workstation waiting for calls to come in.
I learned a lot about my position and the campaign I was hired on.
My co workers were the best part of my job, they were mostly helpful and made every day fun.
Pros
na
Cons
na
Job Summary
Performance Manager (Current Employee) –  St.Catharines, ONFebruary 24, 2015
Typical Day; Coming in setting up the leads , communicating with clients and higher ups, doing pre-shift, do development sessions with management,

Learned ; Effective communications, how to operate many different programs, coaching tactics, prioritizing work, and adapting to different personalities.

Hardest part of the job; when not hitting goal , or when the team is struggling the hardest part is not showing emotions.

Enjoyable part; learning different cultures and meeting different people and personalities. Also, its always rewarding developing people and seeing results.
Awful Company
Audit & Data Entry Agent/Telephone Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONJune 12, 2015
This company treats their employees terribly. During my time there I was threatened with write-ups if I wouldn't come in for shifts on my days off with only one days notice. They would rip their employees off for commission by cutting the commission on sales in half if the employees didn't work a mandatory 35 hours per week. Then they would send people home because 'they don't have the labour money to keep everyone there', making it impossible for the employees to make the full commission they are supposed to get. They give write-ups to people for being late, when they aren't late as an excuse to fire people that don't make the sales rate each week. When asked for proof of the employees lateness they refuse to produce it. I was being harassed by a co-worker for 3 months, provided proof to my employer, including texts messages, witnesses, and emails sent on our work emails, and nothing was ever done except a write-up. The harassment continued until I was forced to quit. I would never recommend someone to work for this company.
Worst Company I have encountered
Service Desk (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONDecember 10, 2014
You will work here if you are desperate. Most of the employees here are desperate except for a few who are fortunately treated well. This company doesn't have a good work culture environment. This company doesn't have good moral standards. This company doesn't even have standardized process in relation to training, information dissemination, policy and benefits (except for the external benefits provided by their 3rd party contractor). Management feel like they are royals and you are the pawn.
Pros
3rd party benefits
Cons
Everything except what is mentioned above
Fun Environment and Open Management Policies
Sales (Current Employee) –  St Catharines, OntarioJuly 16, 2015
Overall this job has been a good experience, however it isn't quite the right fit for me. It has very friendly staff, and a very family like office environment. Its a great job to earn some extra cash. I was doing AT&T sales and found that it was difficult to try to push a product I didn't necessarily believe in myself. In some cases the customer just had no reason to switch and they wanted us to push him to . Some people are great at this but its just not me. The typical day would involve sitting around waiting for calls, talking with the people around you. When a call comes in its likely a disconnect or a hang up. But when you do get a call you really need to grind out to try to get a sale. It's a good job if you have a good sales personality, but be prepared to work hard. They are very open about any policy change or shift change and do a daily meeting where they explain to the staff the upcoming changes. Great place to work, the job unfortunately doesn't really suit my personality. There's opportunity for commission but without being pushy you wont get it .
Pros
Good environment, Open Management, Commission Oppurtunity.
Cons
Boring, Difficult Work, Questionable Sales Techniques
Worst Company I have encountered
L1 Service Desk (Current Employee) –  St. CatharinesAugust 29, 2014
They give consideration to schedule arrangement but other than that they have the worst policies i have ever encountered. There is no champion culture, employees are just a bunch of numbers. No over time pay, none or some holiday pay, full of salary discrepancies. People in the management feel like they are untouchables, doing what they can and want to do. They recognize the wrong people for the right job and reward the pretentious than the real hard working employee. Salary never gets appreciated. If you are desperate then this is the place for you, other than that work elsewhere.
Pros
Schedule accomodation
Cons
Too many to elaborate
Absolutely terrible
Sales (Former Employee) –  St catharinesJuly 2, 2014
Worst management that doesnt do anything , sits on their butt all day and blasts music, employees do all the work and commission structure is like a hard math equation.

You are expected to push customers to the point where they yell at you, and when you make sales , dont even expect a dime extra commision while they take the rest.

Terrible unirganized place to work where everyone says something different. i hope i saved plenty of people from making a terrible decision in their life

I wish i could gove a zero rating but i had to give at least 1 star.
Not Just a Call Centre
Telephone Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONMay 8, 2014
Onetouch Direct is a great place to work. They trained me well in learning how to work on a proper sales pitch with rebuttals and other techniques to provide cost effective solutions to outbound clients. The management was fun to be around and relaxed and my coworkers were really nice too.

The hardest part of the job was getting used to sales because I used to being more aggressive and assertive. Now that I've worked at Onetouch direct, I can say for sure that I ENJOY aggressive and assertive sales techniques.

Thanks Onetouch!
Pros
free lunch
Cons
afternoon to evening shift.
Horribile, worst job I've ever had.
Technical Support (IBM (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONMarch 30, 2015
Horrible company, When u sign the contract they can make you work manatory overtime. If you don't pitch a sale on a call the will give a write up.
Pros
benifits
Cons
Overtime without a choice
typical call center
telephone sales agent (Former Employee) –  st. catharinesMay 28, 2013
When I first started out with the company it was a decent place to work. My co-workers on my campaign were amazing to work with. Unfortunately the same couldn't be said of management as they were the cause of us losing our campaign. While some people were kept and moved to other campaigns, I lost all my hours, and was put on call. I went from 40 hours a week to only 5 hours over 3 weeks. I was forced to quit but later found out other employees were allowed to be laid off so they could get funding to go back to school..
Pros
great co workers
Cons
unreliable, bad management, stressful, low pay
Job Summary
Customer Service / Sales (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONDecember 25, 2013
 Specialized in sales of internet packages to the customers of Verizon Communications over the telephone.
 Performed all aspects of customer service and satisfaction, including answering busy multi-line phone system, coordinating special promotions, and providing detailed information for various products.
 Resolved billing questions and disputes, made customer call-backs / follow-ups, and performed data entry.
Literally the WORST Call Center in the Niagara Region
Outbound Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONJune 8, 2016
I cannot for the life of me understand how anyone willingly chooses to work here. I have worked in many call centers in the past and I'm very aware of the call center culture and believe me when I say that this place is actually the worst place ever. THIS IS NOT AN EXAGGERATION

I don't even know where to start. The computers are ancient. The chairs are falling apart. The computer programs that they use are like from Windows 97 era. The workstations at this place are dirty. The working conditions can only be described as what you'd imagine working in a 3rd world country would be like.

This place doesn't pay for any of your breaks (most call centers do) so basically during an 8 hour shift, you would get a half an hour lunch and 2 breaks (all unpaid) you literally show up for 8 hours and get paid for 7. It's insanity.

The training is a joke. Most call centers have a dedicated department to training with trainers who actually have training experience. At this place your trainer is literally just whoever is available and training basically consists of your trainer just reading off a gazillion PowerPoint slides. Also training is 5 days. They expect you to learn pricing, product information, all 10 different systems that they use... all in 5 days

If you want to work here... don't expect to have any kind of home life. The shift you get is either 1-9 or 2-10 and you're expected to work Saturdays and Sundays. If you're looking to get a day shift... god help you

You're not allowed to use your cell phone at work. Which is pretty normal. What is not normal... is how you're
  more... literally not allowed to use the Internet whatsoever. Everything is blocked. Google. CNN. CBC. TSN. THE ENTIRE INTERNET is LITERALLY BLOCKED.

This is an outbound job that requires you to call people all day and try to sell them TV and Internet and phone. You mostly get old people who don't even have a computer and they expect you to someone convince them to get Internet. Sometimes you call people who aren't even alive anymore...

Oh I forgot, they also take $80 off your first paycheck too cause they make you buy your own headset for $40 dollars and charge you like $35 for a background check.

If you want to work at a call center you can literally work at any other call centers in the area. Literally every other call center in the area will actually pay you above minimum wage, has working equipment, decent shifts, will actually let you use the Internet during work and will pay you for your breaks.

NOTHING I HAVE SAID IN THIS REVIEW IS AN EXAGGERATION
Pros
Absolutely nothing. I honestly to god cannot think of one thing. Your 5 day training is 9-5?
Cons
Minimum wage, No paid breaks, No Internet, Bad chairs, Bad workstations, Bad conditions, Terrible shifts, Bad computers, Awful training, $80 deductions from your first paycheck

2.9