OneTouch Direct Employee Reviews

Good workplace with friendly staff
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON14 October 2017
The job is very repetitive - I have learned a lot specifically regarding customer service and sales and gained valuable work experience. The management was good, very friendly but at times hard to get a hold of.
Fun Workplace
Sales (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON18 August 2017
People make the environment fun, however, the pay isn't as great as anyone would like it to be.
As an agent you can make very good money in commissions, however, when moving up into supervisors, management, trainers positions they really underpay.
awesome place to work.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON5 July 2017
great place, great people. would recommend to anyone. treat employees like gold. very well trained. daily meetings to reassure quotas are being met. A+!
it was ok
Sales Rep/Customer Support (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON19 June 2017
it was a call centre , i show up singed in to my computer , took calls all day helping customers with their problems and giving the customers what they need to make them happy.
Typical Customer Support Environment
Telephone Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON17 May 2017
The job is very much what you would expect from a casual customer service job. The work that you have to do as well the people you work with any basically what you would expect from any call center.
Pros
Fun and friendly place to work at
Cons
Boring job, a ton of disconnected calls
one touch review
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON10 May 2017
I would call, and sell products to people based on their desired needs and minimum needs. Client confidentiality, working with others and being mentored everyday was a big help. Sometimes being a sales representative is stressful, other times its rewarding
Pros
commission
Cons
long hours at a computer
routine tasks
Sales/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON18 April 2017
• Providing cost effective solutions
• These solutions include: television, phone and internet bundles
• Served clients with exceptional catered advice and solutions for their unique needs and wants
• Worked extremely well in a team-oriented environment and leveraged other colleagues when their skills were better served to aid the client
• Made use of available time in schedule to help with incoming calls when traffic became overwhelming
A very hectic place to work
Technical Support Advisor (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON4 April 2017
One touch direct was not a friendly atmosphere . The environment was always tensed and you can never predict the next minute.
As a newly trained you are not given the opportunity to develop with the company.
Amazing job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON28 February 2017
I really recommend this job to anyone it was a great eye opener in what i really wanna do i have passion for sales now and an amazing understanding of customer service and dealing with angry or upset customers. the training period is more then worth it they walk you through everything you need to know in order to become a selling machine i really did enjoy the work environment there to.lots of great incentives to keep you motivated and on the top of your game!
Pros
lots of help
not bad
Inside Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON28 February 2017
they chew you up and spit you out...even if u work overtime they still take it for granted. It is also very dirty inside. They need a janitor that actually cleans the bathroom
Easy job to do
Call Centre Agent- Full time (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON22 February 2017
Very slow job, no room for advancement. Hours are really long and based on seniority. However, once you're there for a while, benefits are great and work culture is great
Long, stressful hours, but good co-workers
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON16 January 2017
OneTouch had us working from 2-10 or 11 each day and did very little to help us when we were struggling. We relied on each other to teach us how things were done and our supervisors would blame us for not knowing things. Overall I had a good experience because I met a lot of good people.
Pros
commission was a nice bonus, and occasional paid lunches
Cons
Very long hours
don't waste your time
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON14 December 2016
I went in because there was a "new base wage" of 13.15. What they don't tell you is it's actually minimum wage unless you work 37.5 hours a week+ (which you're not usually scheduled for) so you have to work extra hours or not take your lunches / breaks (which are unpaid anyways). The program I was in required us to take a test at the end of training which if we did not pass we would be let go. All in all, not a good place to work, very upset I wasted my time and turned down other job offers.
Pros
easy to get hired
Cons
unpaid breaks, unpaid lunches, no space to work, HR person did not tell us about what we were getting into
Sales Agent outbound
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON23 September 2016
I have to say this was the worst out of ALL the call centres I was at. Out of the blue they "clean house" and fire agents. They wait till you come back from your lunch and do it in front of everyone, which is very shameful on them to embarrass the agent like that. No reasons given just parting ways. No stability there, even after your probation period!! They have no tact when dealing with issues or employees either. Anyone who loves this place is not right in their mind. Think twice before going here unless you just want to make money quick for not a long time. If I could rate 0 I would for most of ratings.
Pros
Seeing friends
Cons
Management/pay/unstable positions
Run!run! As fast as you can
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON22 September 2016
I worked here for a full 4 days and absolutely hated it. It feels like you are in a dungeon working here. The training was very minimal, and always had someone watching over your back. Do not work here!
Pros
Cons
Bad management, horrible enviroment, feels like you are in a dungeon
Awsome!
ANALYST, HELP DESK (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON15 June 2016
It is in my top places that I have ever worked!!!! very nice people and nice atmosphere!!! and I would recommend people to apply here!
Pros
friendly supervisors and HR
Cons
None!!!
Literally the WORST Call Center in the Niagara Region
Outbound Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON8 June 2016
I cannot for the life of me understand how anyone willingly chooses to work here. I have worked in many call centers in the past and I'm very aware of the call center culture and believe me when I say that this place is actually the worst place ever. THIS IS NOT AN EXAGGERATION

I don't even know where to start. The computers are ancient. The chairs are falling apart. The computer programs that they use are like from Windows 97 era. The workstations at this place are dirty. The working conditions can only be described as what you'd imagine working in a 3rd world country would be like.

This place doesn't pay for any of your breaks (most call centers do) so basically during an 8 hour shift, you would get a half an hour lunch and 2 breaks (all unpaid) you literally show up for 8 hours and get paid for 7. It's insanity.

The training is a joke. Most call centers have a dedicated department to training with trainers who actually have training experience. At this place your trainer is literally just whoever is available and training basically consists of your trainer just reading off a gazillion PowerPoint slides. Also training is 5 days. They expect you to learn pricing, product information, all 10 different systems that they use... all in 5 days

If you want to work here... don't expect to have any kind of home life. The shift you get is either 1-9 or 2-10 and you're expected to work Saturdays and Sundays. If you're looking to get a day shift... god help you

You're not allowed to use your cell phone at work. Which is pretty normal. What is not normal... is how you're
  more... literally not allowed to use the Internet whatsoever. Everything is blocked. Google. CNN. CBC. TSN. THE ENTIRE INTERNET is LITERALLY BLOCKED.

This is an outbound job that requires you to call people all day and try to sell them TV and Internet and phone. You mostly get old people who don't even have a computer and they expect you to someone convince them to get Internet. Sometimes you call people who aren't even alive anymore...

Oh I forgot, they also take $80 off your first paycheck too cause they make you buy your own headset for $40 dollars and charge you like $35 for a background check.

If you want to work at a call center you can literally work at any other call centers in the area. Literally every other call center in the area will actually pay you above minimum wage, has working equipment, decent shifts, will actually let you use the Internet during work and will pay you for your breaks.

NOTHING I HAVE SAID IN THIS REVIEW IS AN EXAGGERATION
Pros
Absolutely nothing. I honestly to god cannot think of one thing. Your 5 day training is 9-5?
Cons
Minimum wage, No paid breaks, No Internet, Bad chairs, Bad workstations, Bad conditions, Terrible shifts, Bad computers, Awful training, $80 deductions from your first paycheck
Good place, just not for me
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON30 May 2016
Training is faced paced but you have tons of support, which doesn't stop after training. unlike most jobs the managers here actually try to help you improve. It ended up getting too competitve and stressful for me.
Busy, Challenging, always changing
Service Help Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON14 May 2016
A typical day at work consists or multiple calls potentially of the same issue or a large assortment of issues. Helping to assist a store in getting their customers taken care of in a timely manner is gratifying
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Pay
Worst call centre experience ever
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  St. Catherines, ON23 October 2015
This company does not pay for breaks. Like every other establishment in this country. The staff are terse and rude, the HR is a former agent, and I have never once tolerated anyone refusing to train a new agent, let alone, deliberately withhold information, as the new agents are perceived as a threat to job security.

You want boiler room esque job...you found it. Middle management was comprised of known management failures from other centres, however they did seem to keep up the illusion of corp centre as the facilities were not terrible.

In a word...RUN!
Pros
absolutely non whatsoever.
Cons
Epic failure of policy and ineptitude

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OneTouch Direct. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9