OneTouch Direct Employee Reviews

Sales Agent outbound
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON23 September 2016
I have to say this was the worst out of ALL the call centres I was at. Out of the blue they "clean house" and fire agents. They wait till you come back from your lunch and do it in front of everyone, which is very shameful on them to embarrass the agent like that. No reasons given just parting ways. No stability there, even after your probation period!! They have no tact when dealing with issues or employees either. Anyone who loves this place is not right in their mind. Think twice before going here unless you just want to make money quick for not a long time. If I could rate 0 I would for most of ratings.
Pros
Seeing friends
Cons
Management/pay/unstable positions
Run!run! As fast as you can
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON22 September 2016
I worked here for a full 4 days and absolutely hated it. It feels like you are in a dungeon working here. The training was very minimal, and always had someone watching over your back. Do not work here!
Pros
Cons
Bad management, horrible enviroment, feels like you are in a dungeon
WORST CALL CENTRE EXPERIENCE EVER
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  St. Catherines, ON23 October 2015
This company does not pay for breaks. Like every other establishment in this country. The staff are terse and rude, the HR is a former agent, and I have never once tolerated anyone refusing to train a new agent, let alone, deliberately withhold information, as the new agents are perceived as a threat to job security.

You want boiler room esque job...you found it. Middle management was comprised of known management failures from other centres, however they did seem to keep up the illusion of corp centre as the facilities were not terrible.

In a word...RUN!
Pros
absolutely non whatsoever.
Cons
Epic failure of policy and ineptitude
Literally the WORST Call Center in the Niagara Region
Outbound Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON8 June 2016
I cannot for the life of me understand how anyone willingly chooses to work here. I have worked in many call centers in the past and I'm very aware of the call center culture and believe me when I say that this place is actually the worst place ever. THIS IS NOT AN EXAGGERATION

I don't even know where to start. The computers are ancient. The chairs are falling apart. The computer programs that they use are like from Windows 97 era. The workstations at this place are dirty. The working conditions can only be described as what you'd imagine working in a 3rd world country would be like.

This place doesn't pay for any of your breaks (most call centers do) so basically during an 8 hour shift, you would get a half an hour lunch and 2 breaks (all unpaid) you literally show up for 8 hours and get paid for 7. It's insanity.

The training is a joke. Most call centers have a dedicated department to training with trainers who actually have training experience. At this place your trainer is literally just whoever is available and training basically consists of your trainer just reading off a gazillion PowerPoint slides. Also training is 5 days. They expect you to learn pricing, product information, all 10 different systems that they use... all in 5 days

If you want to work here... don't expect to have any kind of home life. The shift you get is either 1-9 or 2-10 and you're expected to work Saturdays and Sundays. If you're looking to get a day shift... god help you

You're not allowed to use your cell phone at work. Which is pretty normal. What is not normal... is how you're
  more... literally not allowed to use the Internet whatsoever. Everything is blocked. Google. CNN. CBC. TSN. THE ENTIRE INTERNET is LITERALLY BLOCKED.

This is an outbound job that requires you to call people all day and try to sell them TV and Internet and phone. You mostly get old people who don't even have a computer and they expect you to someone convince them to get Internet. Sometimes you call people who aren't even alive anymore...

Oh I forgot, they also take $80 off your first paycheck too cause they make you buy your own headset for $40 dollars and charge you like $35 for a background check.

If you want to work at a call center you can literally work at any other call centers in the area. Literally every other call center in the area will actually pay you above minimum wage, has working equipment, decent shifts, will actually let you use the Internet during work and will pay you for your breaks.

NOTHING I HAVE SAID IN THIS REVIEW IS AN EXAGGERATION
Pros
Absolutely nothing. I honestly to god cannot think of one thing. Your 5 day training is 9-5?
Cons
Minimum wage, No paid breaks, No Internet, Bad chairs, Bad workstations, Bad conditions, Terrible shifts, Bad computers, Awful training, $80 deductions from your first paycheck
Worst Company I have encountered
L1 Service Desk (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines29 August 2014
They give consideration to schedule arrangement but other than that they have the worst policies i have ever encountered. There is no champion culture, employees are just a bunch of numbers. No over time pay, none or some holiday pay, full of salary discrepancies. People in the management feel like they are untouchables, doing what they can and want to do. They recognize the wrong people for the right job and reward the pretentious than the real hard working employee. Salary never gets appreciated. If you are desperate then this is the place for you, other than that work elsewhere.
Pros
Schedule accomodation
Cons
Too many to elaborate
Awsome!
ANALYST, HELP DESK (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON15 June 2016
It is in my top places that I have ever worked!!!! very nice people and nice atmosphere!!! and I would recommend people to apply here!
Pros
friendly supervisors and HR
Cons
NONE!!!
Worst Company I have encountered
Service Desk (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON10 December 2014
You will work here if you are desperate. Most of the employees here are desperate except for a few who are fortunately treated well. This company doesn't have a good work culture environment. This company doesn't have good moral standards. This company doesn't even have standardized process in relation to training, information dissemination, policy and benefits (except for the external benefits provided by their 3rd party contractor). Management feel like they are royals and you are the pawn.
Pros
3rd party benefits
Cons
Everything except what is mentioned above
Good place, just not for me
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON30 May 2016
Training is faced paced but you have tons of support, which doesn't stop after training. unlike most jobs the managers here actually try to help you improve. It ended up getting too competitve and stressful for me.
Busy, Challenging, always changing
Service Help Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON14 May 2016
A typical day at work consists or multiple calls potentially of the same issue or a large assortment of issues. Helping to assist a store in getting their customers taken care of in a timely manner is gratifying
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Pay
Fun Environment and Open Management Policies
Sales (Current Employee) –  St Catharines, Ontario16 July 2015
Overall this job has been a good experience, however it isn't quite the right fit for me. It has very friendly staff, and a very family like office environment. Its a great job to earn some extra cash. I was doing AT&T sales and found that it was difficult to try to push a product I didn't necessarily believe in myself. In some cases the customer just had no reason to switch and they wanted us to push him to . Some people are great at this but its just not me. The typical day would involve sitting around waiting for calls, talking with the people around you. When a call comes in its likely a disconnect or a hang up. But when you do get a call you really need to grind out to try to get a sale. It's a good job if you have a good sales personality, but be prepared to work hard. They are very open about any policy change or shift change and do a daily meeting where they explain to the staff the upcoming changes. Great place to work, the job unfortunately doesn't really suit my personality. There's opportunity for commission but without being pushy you wont get it .
Pros
Good environment, Open Management, Commission Oppurtunity.
Cons
Boring, Difficult Work, Questionable Sales Techniques
Pleasantly Surprising
Employee (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines20 August 2015
I came here begrudgingly with a "call centre attitude" of just ride it out until I find something else. I had worked at pretty much every other call centre by then and wasn't expecting much.

After just a few days, I noticed how much I enjoyed coming into work, the people I worked with were great and there was something different about the management. They really listen to you and get to know you. The familial feeling is undeniable and not only are you able to express yourself and be acknowledged as a person and not just an employee you have actual influence. If someone has a great idea, the management really tries to integrate it because they want you to be happy, they want you to do a good job.

I would certainly recommend OneTouch Direct to any one, whether you are looking for a temporary job, you're having trouble finding something else, heck, still trying to find yourself, or looking for a career. The commission can be great...like really, really great and the atmosphere is excellent. Sales is hard, but it is a valuable skill to master that will carry into other aspects of your life.
Pros
Great staff, A lot of opportunity, Coolest receptionist ever, Great commission, Fun treat days
Cons
Base wages aren't the greatest, Location isn't the most ideal if you don't drive, however there are busses, Hard work, can be stressful at times
Job Summary
Performance Manager (Current Employee) –  St.Catharines, ON24 February 2015
Typical Day; Coming in setting up the leads , communicating with clients and higher ups, doing pre-shift, do development sessions with management,

Learned ; Effective communications, how to operate many different programs, coaching tactics, prioritizing work, and adapting to different personalities.

Hardest part of the job; when not hitting goal , or when the team is struggling the hardest part is not showing emotions.

Enjoyable part; learning different cultures and meeting different people and personalities. Also, its always rewarding developing people and seeing results.
One Touch Direct
Technical support (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON30 July 2015
My day at one touch direct was alright each day. Things tend to get pretty dramatic with the management and the leads as well as people always having an issue with someone else in our counter part in tampa. I was under the impression everybody in the building was an adult but a lot of the team their shift leads did not act like it, at least on my campaign.

At the end of the day I learned about technical troubleshooting which is a skill I will have and continue to have.
Pros
Interesting calls
Cons
Very bad chairs for ergonomic support
Dont work here ever you Will regret it
Sales agent (Former Employee) –  Louth16 June 2015
worst call center i have ever work es at and i have work at maybe over 5 call centres management is ridiculous they write you up for anything. And everything. If you work here or are planning to work here you will just be making your life miserable believe me I worked here for a year I really needed the $ but at the end I told myself it wasn't worth all the stress and headache I had I would rather work at a McDonald's
Pros
Nothing ever
Cons
they give u bad review to any of your future employers even if you did as good as me
Great hours, great incentives, great summer job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON3 July 2013
A normal day at One Touch Direct was basically attending your computer and calling customers. We usually called current customers, but once in a while we handled inbound customer service calls. It did get quite stressful time to time when you're trying to reach your quota for the week. Most managers were easy to work with and provided great daily incentives for people who made sales. My training class consisted of 20 people in April, and by the time i left One Touch Direct, me and one other person were the only people remaining from the training class. Basically, there really isn't job security at one Touch Direct, however its a great summer job with great hours.
Pros
good co workers and good hours and commission/incentives
Cons
no job security, stressful at times
Not Just a Call Centre
Telephone Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON8 May 2014
Onetouch Direct is a great place to work. They trained me well in learning how to work on a proper sales pitch with rebuttals and other techniques to provide cost effective solutions to outbound clients. The management was fun to be around and relaxed and my coworkers were really nice too.

The hardest part of the job was getting used to sales because I used to being more aggressive and assertive. Now that I've worked at Onetouch direct, I can say for sure that I ENJOY aggressive and assertive sales techniques.

Thanks Onetouch!
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Afternoon to Evening shift.
typical call center
telephone sales agent (Former Employee) –  st. catharines28 May 2013
When I first started out with the company it was a decent place to work. My co-workers on my campaign were amazing to work with. Unfortunately the same couldn't be said of management as they were the cause of us losing our campaign. While some people were kept and moved to other campaigns, I lost all my hours, and was put on call. I went from 40 hours a week to only 5 hours over 3 weeks. I was forced to quit but later found out other employees were allowed to be laid off so they could get funding to go back to school..
Pros
great co workers
Cons
unreliable, bad management, stressful, low pay
What a joke!
sales rep (Former Employee) –  St catharines4 June 2015
I get hired and receive my welcome package waiting 2 weeks till training started I get an email stating training has been postponed with no start eta. After waiting 8 months I reapply and get hired go through training only to be educated there were new leads which was not true. . In the month I worked there they wanted me to sell to people that just canceled services and were broke due to over charges and etf fees and sick with cancer. As well I was trained to call people at work to sell to them. Telling them their area has been upgraded for new services available which was a lie. If you have a soul and strong work ethic don't work there. It will deplete you. Commissions on sales is a total illusion
Pros
na
Cons
Every aspect of the job staff and company
Absolutely terrible
Sales (Former Employee) –  St catharines2 July 2014
Worst management that doesnt do anything , sits on their butt all day and blasts music, employees do all the work and commission structure is like a hard math equation.

You are expected to push customers to the point where they yell at you, and when you make sales , dont even expect a dime extra commision while they take the rest.

Terrible unirganized place to work where everyone says something different. i hope i saved plenty of people from making a terrible decision in their life

I wish i could gove a zero rating but i had to give at least 1 star.
Awful Company
Audit & Data Entry Agent/Telephone Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON12 June 2015
This company treats their employees terribly. During my time there I was threatened with write-ups if I wouldn't come in for shifts on my days off with only one days notice. They would rip their employees off for commission by cutting the commission on sales in half if the employees didn't work a mandatory 35 hours per week. Then they would send people home because 'they don't have the labour money to keep everyone there', making it impossible for the employees to make the full commission they are supposed to get. They give write-ups to people for being late, when they aren't late as an excuse to fire people that don't make the sales rate each week. When asked for proof of the employees lateness they refuse to produce it. I was being harassed by a co-worker for 3 months, provided proof to my employer, including texts messages, witnesses, and emails sent on our work emails, and nothing was ever done except a write-up. The harassment continued until I was forced to quit. I would never recommend someone to work for this company.

2.9