OneTouch Direct Employee Reviews

Sales Agent outbound
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONSeptember 23, 2016
I have to say this was the worst out of ALL the call centres I was at. Out of the blue they "clean house" and fire agents. They wait till you come back from your lunch and do it in front of everyone, which is very shameful on them to embarrass the agent like that. No reasons given just parting ways. No stability there, even after your probation period!! They have no tact when dealing with issues or employees either. Anyone who loves this place is not right in their mind. Think twice before going here unless you just want to make money quick for not a long time. If I could rate 0 I would for most of ratings.
Pros
Seeing friends
Cons
Management/pay/unstable positions
Run!run! As fast as you can
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONSeptember 22, 2016
I worked here for a full 4 days and absolutely hated it. It feels like you are in a dungeon working here. The training was very minimal, and always had someone watching over your back. Do not work here!
Pros
Cons
Bad management, horrible enviroment, feels like you are in a dungeon
Busy, Challenging, always changing
Service Help Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONMay 14, 2016
A typical day at work consists or multiple calls potentially of the same issue or a large assortment of issues. Helping to assist a store in getting their customers taken care of in a timely manner is gratifying
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Pay
Good place, just not for me
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONMay 30, 2016
Training is faced paced but you have tons of support, which doesn't stop after training. unlike most jobs the managers here actually try to help you improve. It ended up getting too competitve and stressful for me.
Awsome!
ANALYST, HELP DESK (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONJune 15, 2016
It is in my top places that I have ever worked!!!! very nice people and nice atmosphere!!! and I would recommend people to apply here!
Pros
friendly supervisors and HR
Cons
NONE!!!
WORST CALL CENTRE EXPERIENCE EVER
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  St. Catherines, ONOctober 23, 2015
This company does not pay for breaks. Like every other establishment in this country. The staff are terse and rude, the HR is a former agent, and I have never once tolerated anyone refusing to train a new agent, let alone, deliberately withhold information, as the new agents are perceived as a threat to job security.

You want boiler room esque job...you found it. Middle management was comprised of known management failures from other centres, however they did seem to keep up the illusion of corp centre as the facilities were not terrible.

In a word...RUN!
Pros
absolutely non whatsoever.
Cons
Epic failure of policy and ineptitude
One Touch Direct
Technical support (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONJuly 30, 2015
My day at one touch direct was alright each day. Things tend to get pretty dramatic with the management and the leads as well as people always having an issue with someone else in our counter part in tampa. I was under the impression everybody in the building was an adult but a lot of the team their shift leads did not act like it, at least on my campaign.

At the end of the day I learned about technical troubleshooting which is a skill I will have and continue to have.
Pros
Interesting calls
Cons
Very bad chairs for ergonomic support
Dont work here ever you Will regret it
Sales agent (Former Employee) –  LouthJune 16, 2015
worst call center i have ever work es at and i have work at maybe over 5 call centres management is ridiculous they write you up for anything. And everything. If you work here or are planning to work here you will just be making your life miserable believe me I worked here for a year I really needed the $ but at the end I told myself it wasn't worth all the stress and headache I had I would rather work at a McDonald's
Pros
Nothing ever
Cons
they give u bad review to any of your future employers even if you did as good as me
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONJuly 5, 2015
Sales can be stressful. It's not a job for everyone. But in the time I was there I was treated well and treated fairly by all. Made some friends for life. The company does little things that mean a lot. Ice cream day, little treats at Easter, Christmas Hallowe'en etc.

I learned a lot about myself and what I was capable of.

What a joke!
sales rep (Former Employee) –  St catharinesJune 4, 2015
I get hired and receive my welcome package waiting 2 weeks till training started I get an email stating training has been postponed with no start eta. After waiting 8 months I reapply and get hired go through training only to be educated there were new leads which was not true. . In the month I worked there they wanted me to sell to people that just canceled services and were broke due to over charges and etf fees and sick with cancer. As well I was trained to call people at work to sell to them. Telling them their area has been upgraded for new services available which was a lie. If you have a soul and strong work ethic don't work there. It will deplete you. Commissions on sales is a total illusion
Pros
na
Cons
Every aspect of the job staff and company
Great coworkers, they were great to work with
Service Desk (Current Employee) –  St CatharinesJuly 9, 2015
A typical day at One Touch Direct would be coming in and setting up your workstation waiting for calls to come in.
I learned a lot about my position and the campaign I was hired on.
My co workers were the best part of my job, they were mostly helpful and made every day fun.
Pros
na
Cons
na
Job Summary
Performance Manager (Current Employee) –  St.Catharines, ONFebruary 24, 2015
Typical Day; Coming in setting up the leads , communicating with clients and higher ups, doing pre-shift, do development sessions with management,

Learned ; Effective communications, how to operate many different programs, coaching tactics, prioritizing work, and adapting to different personalities.

Hardest part of the job; when not hitting goal , or when the team is struggling the hardest part is not showing emotions.

Enjoyable part; learning different cultures and meeting different people and personalities. Also, its always rewarding developing people and seeing results.
Worst Company I have encountered
Service Desk (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONDecember 10, 2014
You will work here if you are desperate. Most of the employees here are desperate except for a few who are fortunately treated well. This company doesn't have a good work culture environment. This company doesn't have good moral standards. This company doesn't even have standardized process in relation to training, information dissemination, policy and benefits (except for the external benefits provided by their 3rd party contractor). Management feel like they are royals and you are the pawn.
Pros
3rd party benefits
Cons
Everything except what is mentioned above
Awful Company
Audit & Data Entry Agent/Telephone Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONJune 12, 2015
This company treats their employees terribly. During my time there I was threatened with write-ups if I wouldn't come in for shifts on my days off with only one days notice. They would rip their employees off for commission by cutting the commission on sales in half if the employees didn't work a mandatory 35 hours per week. Then they would send people home because 'they don't have the labour money to keep everyone there', making it impossible for the employees to make the full commission they are supposed to get. They give write-ups to people for being late, when they aren't late as an excuse to fire people that don't make the sales rate each week. When asked for proof of the employees lateness they refuse to produce it. I was being harassed by a co-worker for 3 months, provided proof to my employer, including texts messages, witnesses, and emails sent on our work emails, and nothing was ever done except a write-up. The harassment continued until I was forced to quit. I would never recommend someone to work for this company.
Worst Company I have encountered
L1 Service Desk (Current Employee) –  St. CatharinesAugust 29, 2014
They give consideration to schedule arrangement but other than that they have the worst policies i have ever encountered. There is no champion culture, employees are just a bunch of numbers. No over time pay, none or some holiday pay, full of salary discrepancies. People in the management feel like they are untouchables, doing what they can and want to do. They recognize the wrong people for the right job and reward the pretentious than the real hard working employee. Salary never gets appreciated. If you are desperate then this is the place for you, other than that work elsewhere.
Pros
Schedule accomodation
Cons
Too many to elaborate
Absolutely terrible
Sales (Former Employee) –  St catharinesJuly 2, 2014
Worst management that doesnt do anything , sits on their butt all day and blasts music, employees do all the work and commission structure is like a hard math equation.

You are expected to push customers to the point where they yell at you, and when you make sales , dont even expect a dime extra commision while they take the rest.

Terrible unirganized place to work where everyone says something different. i hope i saved plenty of people from making a terrible decision in their life

I wish i could gove a zero rating but i had to give at least 1 star.
Not Just a Call Centre
Telephone Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONMay 8, 2014
Onetouch Direct is a great place to work. They trained me well in learning how to work on a proper sales pitch with rebuttals and other techniques to provide cost effective solutions to outbound clients. The management was fun to be around and relaxed and my coworkers were really nice too.

The hardest part of the job was getting used to sales because I used to being more aggressive and assertive. Now that I've worked at Onetouch direct, I can say for sure that I ENJOY aggressive and assertive sales techniques.

Thanks Onetouch!
Pros
free lunch
Cons
afternoon to evening shift.
typical call center
telephone sales agent (Former Employee) –  st. catharinesMay 28, 2013
When I first started out with the company it was a decent place to work. My co-workers on my campaign were amazing to work with. Unfortunately the same couldn't be said of management as they were the cause of us losing our campaign. While some people were kept and moved to other campaigns, I lost all my hours, and was put on call. I went from 40 hours a week to only 5 hours over 3 weeks. I was forced to quit but later found out other employees were allowed to be laid off so they could get funding to go back to school..
Pros
great co workers
Cons
unreliable, bad management, stressful, low pay
Job Summary
Customer Service / Sales (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONDecember 25, 2013
 Specialized in sales of internet packages to the customers of Verizon Communications over the telephone.
 Performed all aspects of customer service and satisfaction, including answering busy multi-line phone system, coordinating special promotions, and providing detailed information for various products.
 Resolved billing questions and disputes, made customer call-backs / follow-ups, and performed data entry.
Great hours, great incentives, great summer job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONJuly 3, 2013
A normal day at One Touch Direct was basically attending your computer and calling customers. We usually called current customers, but once in a while we handled inbound customer service calls. It did get quite stressful time to time when you're trying to reach your quota for the week. Most managers were easy to work with and provided great daily incentives for people who made sales. My training class consisted of 20 people in April, and by the time i left One Touch Direct, me and one other person were the only people remaining from the training class. Basically, there really isn't job security at one Touch Direct, however its a great summer job with great hours.
Pros
good co workers and good hours and commission/incentives
Cons
no job security, stressful at times

2.9