One Touch Direct

One Touch Direct Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun Environment and Open Management Policies
Sales (Current Employee), St Catharines, OntarioJuly 16, 2015
Pros: Good environment, Open Management, Commission Oppurtunity.
Cons: Boring, Difficult Work, Questionable Sales Techniques
Overall this job has been a good experience, however it isn't quite the right fit for me. It has very friendly staff, and a very family like office environment. Its a great job to earn some extra cash. I was doing AT&T sales and found that it was difficult to try to push a product I didn't necessarily believe in myself. In some cases the customer just had no reason to switch and they wanted us to push him to . Some people are great at this but its just not me. The typical day would involve sitting around waiting for calls, talking with the people around you. When a call comes in its likely a disconnect or a hang up. But when you do get a call you really need to grind out to try to get a sale. It's a good job if you have a good sales personality, but be prepared to work hard. They are very open about any policy change or shift change and do a daily meeting where they explain to the staff the upcoming changes. Great place to work, the job unfortunately doesn't really suit my personality. There's opportunity for commission but without being pushy you wont get it .
Great coworkers, they were great to work with
Service Desk (Current Employee), St CatharinesJuly 9, 2015
Pros: na
Cons: na
A typical day at One Touch Direct would be coming in and setting up your workstation waiting for calls to come in.
I learned a lot about my position and the campaign I was hired on.
My co workers were the best part of my job, they were mostly helpful and made every day fun.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONJuly 5, 2015
Sales can be stressful. It's not a job for everyone. But in the time I was there I was treated well and treated fairly by all. Made some friends for life. The company does little things that mean a lot. Ice cream day, little treats at Easter, Christmas Hallowe'en etc.

I learned a lot about myself and what I was capable of.

Dont work here ever you Will regret it
Sales agent (Former Employee), LouthJune 16, 2015
Pros: Nothing ever
Cons: they give u bad review to any of your future employers even if you did as good as me
worst call center i have ever work es at and i have work at maybe over 5 call centres management is ridiculous they write you up for anything. And everything. If you work here or are planning to work here you will just be making your life miserable believe me I worked here for a year I really needed the $ but at the end I told myself it wasn't worth all the stress and headache I had I would rather work at a McDonald's
Awful Company
Audit & Data Entry Agent/Telephone Sales Rep (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONJune 12, 2015
This company treats their employees terribly. During my time there I was threatened with write-ups if I wouldn't come in for shifts on my days off with only one days notice. They would rip their employees off for commission by cutting the commission on sales in half if the employees didn't work a mandatory 35 hours per week. Then they would send people home because 'they don't have the labour money to keep everyone there', making it impossible for the employees to make the full commission they are supposed to get. They give write-ups to people for being late, when they aren't late as an excuse to fire people that don't make the sales rate each week. When asked for proof of the employees lateness they refuse to produce it. I was being harassed by a co-worker for 3 months, provided proof to my employer, including texts messages, witnesses, and emails sent on our work emails, and nothing was ever done except a write-up. The harassment continued until I was forced to quit. I would never recommend someone to work for this company.
Horribile, worst job I've ever had.
Technical Support (IBM (Current Employee), St. Catharines, ONMarch 30, 2015
Pros: benifits
Cons: Overtime without a choice
Horrible company, When u sign the contract they can make you work manatory overtime. If you don't pitch a sale on a call the will give a write up.
Job Summary
Performance Manager (Current Employee), St.Catharines, ONFebruary 24, 2015
Typical Day; Coming in setting up the leads , communicating with clients and higher ups, doing pre-shift, do development sessions with management,

Learned ; Effective communications, how to operate many different programs, coaching tactics, prioritizing work, and adapting to different personalities.

Hardest part of the job; when not hitting goal , or when the team is struggling the hardest part is not showing emotions.

Enjoyable part; learning different cultures and meeting different people and personalities. Also, its always rewarding developing people and seeing results.
Worst place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: could get extra hours if wanted
Cons: respect in the workplace was not present
Management was a nightmare more like petty high-school games the manager was the ultimate reason I left not very good things to say about that place
Worst Company I have encountered
Service Desk (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONDecember 10, 2014
Pros: 3rd party benefits
Cons: everything except what is mentioned above
You will work here if you are desperate. Most of the employees here are desperate except for a few who are fortunately treated well. This company doesn't have a good work culture environment. This company doesn't have good moral standards. This company doesn't even have standardized process in relation to training, information dissemination, policy and benefits (except for the external benefits provided by their 3rd party contractor). Management feel like they are royals and you are the pawn.
productive fun enviroment
Sales representative (Former Employee), St Catharines ONSeptember 1, 2014
Pros: music while working
Cons: not loud enough music while working
A great place to work fun environment with positive people.
Absolutely terrible
Sales (Former Employee), St catharinesJuly 2, 2014
Cons: everything
Worst management that doesnt do anything , sits on their butt all day and blasts music, employees do all the work and commission structure is like a hard math equation.

You are expected to push customers to the point where they yell at you, and when you make sales , dont even expect a dime extra commision while they take the rest.

Terrible unirganized place to work where everyone says something different. i hope i saved plenty of people from making a terrible decision in their life

I wish i could gove a zero rating but i had to give at least 1 star.
OTD
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONApril 6, 2014
Pros: 50/50 draws every friday
Cons: not study work
One Touch was an on call place is was not a good place to work the boos never helped out the job was not that hard the job was no fun and the best part was i made sum good friends in the short time i was there
Terrible place using the typical callcenter playbook
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONJanuary 8, 2014
Cons: inconsistant hours, terrible work environment.
They stiff you on bonus by taking away your valid sales that were read verbatim from material provided by them. When explained that I read the entire thing verbatim I was told the material I was given was wrong and was given a "new" set of pages that turned out to be the exact same material.

If you dont sell they send you home. All the top sellers are given inbound queue priority so they set up a pyramid scheme where if you dont sell you get no calls and cant sell and get sent home.

In the hiring process they tell you that you get every other weekend off. Since they were comically overstaffed they decided to change that and you get every other saturday off. Cool but that every other week they keep you working sunday so they make you work 6 days a week every other week but then end up sending you home on your extra day worked. So they have people working more to combat being overstaffed. In what world does this make any sense.

Team managers that sit behind you and talk all day and do zero work. When they finally get around to doing the 5 minutes of work they need to do they yell and complain so loud that you cant even hear your customer on the phone because their spreadsheet was opening slowly.
Found new work
inbound/outbound telemarketer (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONDecember 26, 2013
Pros: long hours at first
Cons: shortened shifts
I started employment at Public mobile. One touch direct wouldn't keep giving me as much hours as I was offered at public mobile when I first began
Sales Associate (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONDecember 20, 2013
Pros: great soups at lunch
Cons: trashed rooms
For me it was a great place to work. They worked your schedule around what other things you had to do in life. it was so good people where always nice. i wish i didn't leave the Hilton but sadly i had too.
typical call center
telephone sales agent (Former Employee), st. catharinesMay 28, 2013
Pros: great co workers
Cons: unreliable, bad management, stressful, low pay
When I first started out with the company it was a decent place to work. My co-workers on my campaign were amazing to work with. Unfortunately the same couldn't be said of management as they were the cause of us losing our campaign. While some people were kept and moved to other campaigns, I lost all my hours, and was put on call. I went from 40 hours a week to only 5 hours over 3 weeks. I was forced to quit but later found out other employees were allowed to be laid off so they could get funding to go back to school..
fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONFebruary 25, 2013
Pros: fun/laid back
Cons: not enough break
Laid back. I liked my manager. Good place to work overall but long hours and not enough lunch and break time.
DO NOT WORK HERE!!!!!!!
Sales Representative, Full Time Employment (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONJanuary 7, 2013
Pros: no pros!
Cons: too many to name
A terrible place to work. They have a tendency to not meet their employees needs such as reasonable time off requests. And whatever time you miss, they force you to make up that missed time. The management discriminates certain against employees they do not like. Meaning they play the favourites game.
bad mangement disorganized company
Outbound calling Sales FullTime (Former Employee), st catharinesSeptember 21, 2012
Pros: full time hours
Cons: no room for growth and appreciation of good work
not good campaign...no options for growth no flexibility no team work..

About One Touch Direct

OneTouch Direct was founded in 1998 and has been working with Fortune 500 clients ever since. Our company started as a small team – Read more