One Touch Direct

One Touch Direct Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Worst Company I have encountered
Service Desk (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONDecember 10, 2014
Pros: 3rd party benefits
Cons: everything except what is mentioned above
You will work here if you are desperate. Most of the employees here are desperate except for a few who are fortunately treated well. This company doesn't have a good work culture environment. This company doesn't have good moral standards. This company doesn't even have standardized process in relation to training, information dissemination, policy and benefits (except for the external benefits provided by their 3rd party contractor). Management feel like they are royals and you are the pawn.
productive fun enviroment
Sales representative (Former Employee), St Catharines ONSeptember 1, 2014
Pros: music while working
Cons: not loud enough music while working
A great place to work fun environment with positive people.
Absolutely terrible
Sales (Former Employee), St catharinesJuly 2, 2014
Cons: everything
Worst management that doesnt do anything , sits on their butt all day and blasts music, employees do all the work and commission structure is like a hard math equation.

You are expected to push customers to the point where they yell at you, and when you make sales , dont even expect a dime extra commision while they take the rest.

Terrible unirganized place to work where everyone says something different. i hope i saved plenty of people from making a terrible decision in their life

I wish i could gove a zero rating but i had to give at least 1 star.
OTD
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONApril 6, 2014
Pros: 50/50 draws every friday
Cons: not study work
One Touch was an on call place is was not a good place to work the boos never helped out the job was not that hard the job was no fun and the best part was i made sum good friends in the short time i was there
Terrible place using the typical callcenter playbook
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONJanuary 8, 2014
Cons: inconsistant hours, terrible work environment.
They stiff you on bonus by taking away your valid sales that were read verbatim from material provided by them. When explained that I read the entire thing verbatim I was told the material I was given was wrong and was given a "new" set of pages that turned out to be the exact same material.

If you dont sell they send you home. All the top sellers are given inbound queue priority so they set up a pyramid scheme where if you dont sell you get no calls and cant sell and get sent home.

In the hiring process they tell you that you get every other weekend off. Since they were comically overstaffed they decided to change that and you get every other saturday off. Cool but that every other week they keep you working sunday so they make you work 6 days a week every other week but then end up sending you home on your extra day worked. So they have people working more to combat being overstaffed. In what world does this make any sense.

Team managers that sit behind you and talk all day and do zero work. When they finally get around to doing the 5 minutes of work they need to do they yell and complain so loud that you cant even hear your customer on the phone because their spreadsheet was opening slowly.
Found new work
inbound/outbound telemarketer (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONDecember 26, 2013
Pros: long hours at first
Cons: shortened shifts
I started employment at Public mobile. One touch direct wouldn't keep giving me as much hours as I was offered at public mobile when I first began
Great hours, great incentives, great summer job
Sales Representative (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONJuly 3, 2013
Pros: good co workers and good hours and commission/incentives
Cons: no job security, stressful at times
A normal day at One Touch Direct was basically attending your computer and calling customers. We usually called current customers, but once in a while we handled inbound customer service calls. It did get quite stressful time to time when you're trying to reach your quota for the week. Most managers were easy to work with and provided great daily incentives for people who made sales. My training class consisted of 20 people in April, and by the time i left One Touch Direct, me and one other person were the only people remaining from the training class. Basically, there really isn't job security at one Touch Direct, however its a great summer job with great hours.
typical call center
telephone sales agent (Former Employee), st. catharinesMay 28, 2013
Pros: great co workers
Cons: unreliable, bad management, stressful, low pay
When I first started out with the company it was a decent place to work. My co-workers on my campaign were amazing to work with. Unfortunately the same couldn't be said of management as they were the cause of us losing our campaign. While some people were kept and moved to other campaigns, I lost all my hours, and was put on call. I went from 40 hours a week to only 5 hours over 3 weeks. I was forced to quit but later found out other employees were allowed to be laid off so they could get funding to go back to school..
fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONFebruary 25, 2013
Pros: fun/laid back
Cons: not enough break
Laid back. I liked my manager. Good place to work overall but long hours and not enough lunch and break time.
DO NOT WORK HERE!!!!!!!
Sales Representative, Full Time Employment (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONJanuary 7, 2013
Pros: no pros!
Cons: too many to name
A terrible place to work. They have a tendency to not meet their employees needs such as reasonable time off requests. And whatever time you miss, they force you to make up that missed time. The management discriminates certain against employees they do not like. Meaning they play the favourites game.
bad mangement disorganized company
Outbound calling Sales FullTime (Former Employee), st catharinesSeptember 21, 2012
Pros: full time hours
Cons: no room for growth and appreciation of good work
not good campaign...no options for growth no flexibility no team work..
inbound calling center
Inbound calling rep (Current Employee), Tampa, Fla.January 24, 2015
Pros: contest
one touch was a good place to work for you always had the opportunity to work overtime ,floor sup was there when needed ,also management was great people to work for until they cut out the needs we had also the sup were eliminated also we had to handle our aht or got sent home also on 1/24/15 was sent home cause I did not pitch on every call now I was gone thurs.+fri. to then find this out if anyone reads do not try to work for them do not want this to happen to you !
If you care about job security, do not work here...
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: money
Cons: everything else
They make sure you know that you are replaceable! Always on your back about something. The system doesn't always work. I worked for Verizon Cofee, and there is always something. I think it's more on the Verizon side of things, I wouldn't recommend this as a long term job to anyone! If you're stuck in a rut, and need a quick job, this is the way to go, but be aware that you are not guaranteed a job. There is a lot of preferential treatment. There are some people who can get away with anything, but don't try it yourself. You can have cancer, and they will not accommodate a schedule for you. This job will make a responsible person seem completely irresponsible. If you are late in March and they need to downsize in July, they will bring that up and place you directly on a final. I worked at OneTouch Direct for 1 year, at T-Mobile "Welcome" for 5 months and Verizon Cofee for 8 months... I have to say that T-Mobile is so much better, even under a third party, BUT it's still OneTouch Direct... Verizon Cofee is just worse all around. It gets you paid when you need the money! I guess that is all that matters. The only thing worth it is upper management but even they hate their jobs. A huge revolving door, new training classes happening bi-weekly.
Tough Job, Good Pay
Sales Rep (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 6, 2015
Cons: short breaks
Outbound calling to customers who dropped AT&T U-Verse in the past. It is our job to prove to them that our program is bigger and better than before - sale them U-Verse once again. It is a very difficult job to do but it makes you think quick on your feet. Having great customer service skills is a plus. The most enjoyable part of the job is that it increases telecommunication skills! The people you come across all have different stories to tell, I find it interesting to have to find out!
productive
Customer Service (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
it was like a normal day i learn how to be advance in a work area with tons of people on the phone at the same time. management was very strict but very helpful. everybody seem to be in different moods everyday but did the normal greetings. the hardest part about the job was dealing confused customers and trying to make a sell everyday. but the most enjoyable part of the day was when work was over for me and i made my money for that day.
One touch Direct offers great opportunities!
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Tampa, FLDecember 28, 2014
Pros: great staff. good hours
Cons: short breaks
One touch Diect is your typical Call center. While working here I learned a lot with the different sales campaigns throughout the year. Co workers were very friendly. I enjoyed assisting customers with their services.
It's a great place if you don't mind unprofessionalism
Supervisor (Current Employee), Tampa, FLDecember 18, 2014
The lack of professionalism is rampant there. Despite having to pass a drug test to work there people smoke pot in the parking lot all day long. The management team is fair and offer a lot of support if you want it.
great atmosphere at time sales drawings
CSR (Current Employee), Tampa, FLDecember 16, 2014
Pros: contest spirit day co-workers
Cons: not a long lunch break no floor support /supervisor when you need them
At One Touch you need to expect the unexpected on a daily bases,
The experience that enjoy my co-workers love them to pieces. Looking for help when you need help but once you can solved your own problem with out floor support/supervisor then you know you've accomplished the hardest part of your job. The training class to see what we should be improving on to successful do our job correctly
Terrible
TSR for Verizon FiOS (Current Employee), Tampa, FLDecember 14, 2014
Cons: everything
this place is terrible. so much favoritism. and its so run down in there. the environment is dirty. the supervisors are never there and don't help even when they are. they make different schemes every month so they can take your commission. $9.00 an hour for customer service, sales, and retention?! come on. its a terrible place to work. don't work there.
awesonme
Verizon Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Tampa, FLDecember 8, 2014
It's a great company with a rich heritage and history. Though they have sold off portions of their business over the course of the past decad

1 2 3 4 5

About One Touch Direct

OneTouch Direct was founded in 1998 and has been working with Fortune 500 clients ever since. Our company started as a small team – Read more