Website Content Manager (s) for the One-in-Three Forum for Complementary Therapies
Organization Description and Mission:
Named for the statistic that 1 out of 3 people will develop cancer in their lifetimes, the One-in-Three Educational Forum has a mandate to raise awareness about the benefits of complementary therapies in the realm of cancer care and cancer prevention. We are directly affiliated with the internationally renowned Segal Cancer Centre at the Jewish General Hospital in Montreal.
We give individuals the appropriate tools in order to optimize their own health and quality of life while coping with cancer.
Any and all information disseminated by the One-in-Three Forum is evidence-based, and always approved by a decorated team of medical professionals.
We are looking for three (3) Content Mangers to manage three (3) different areas of concentration for the website: Dietary Therapy, Exercise Therapy, and Mindfulness-Based Therapy.
Reporting to of the Director of the One-in-Three Forum, and in close coordination with the Web development team, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Developing appropriate content (in their respective concentration) for the One-in-Three.ca.
- Seeking and critically appraising published, evidence-based studies.
- Liaising with medical professionals to develop new content
- Working with the 1in3 Communications Coordinator to search for appropriate content for re-publication in the newsletter, blog, and social media.
- Must be a Masters or PhD student or recipient.
- Must have prior experience with, or superior knowledge of Integrative and Complementary Medicine.
- Must be familiar with critical appraisal and evidence-based literature resources.
- Must be familiar with literacy and health literacy issues.
- Should have experience working with patient information.
- Should be familiar with Social Media.
- Speaking and writing in French is an asset.
Location: Working remotely
Standard Hours per week: TBD
Remuneration: Salary depending on experience.
Note: Depending on the success of the website, there is a chance that a part-time role may naturally grow into a full-time position as website Content Manager and Editor.