To help promote all aspects of the business including but not limited to buying, selling, pricing, and merchandising. Promote a high level of customer service by ensuring customers are assisted in an enthusiastic, timely, and knowledgeable manner. Assist store management in daily store operations, including the buying of used merchandise.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
1. Greet customers immediately, determine their needs, and handle all transactions in a professional and
2. Become familiar with products, brands and prices and make recommendations of products, including their
features and benefits, to suit customers’ needs. Maximize sales and customer satisfaction by adding items to the
close of the sale.
3. Buy used product, reinforcing the customers’ purchases and sales to the store. Invite customer to return to the
store to buy, sell, or trade and promote image of store concept.
4. Price and ticket items appropriately based on pricing/buying guidelines. Restock store following merchandising
plan. Maintain store displays and follow store housekeeping and maintenance standards and procedure.
5. Develop proficiency in operating computerized sales tracking system for all sales transactions, buys, returns, etc.
6. Achieve personal and store sales goals by applying sound customer service and sales protocol.
1. Prior retail experience preferred in similar product lines, but willing to train the right candidate.
2. Proven customer service skills required.
3. Ability to work well as a team member and to take and follow directions.
4. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
5. Sales and goal-driven.
6. High School Diploma and/ some College.
7. Ability to work evenings and weekends.
1. Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time, up to 8 hours a day.
2. Lifting up to 40 lbs. without assistance.
3. Bending, rotating, and reaching conducive to a retail environment and to receiving,
pricing and stocking merchandise.
4. No exposure to hazardous materials or environments.
5. Able to operate a computerized sales terminal.
Please complete the application form available at *http://www.onceuponachildontario.com/jobs*. Deliver the completed application in person to Once Upon a Child, Brantford, Ontario or call (647) 274-5804 for e-mailing instructions.
Direct position inquires to (647) 274-5804.