Once Upon a Child Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Best place to work
Team Leader/Special events coordinator (Former Employee), Ajax, ONFebruary 17, 2016
Pros: great discouunts, friendly staff, friendly customers, great benifits
Cons: i spent to much money when i worked ;), could have had a higher salary
Once upon a child Ajax, was by far my most favorite place to work. The girls are all friendly, accommodating, fun, customers were always lovely to deal with. just an over all amazing place and I wish I could go back
Learned a lot about myself
Sales, Cashier and Buyer (Current Employee), Richmond Hill, ONDecember 7, 2015
Pros: Good co workers
Cons: Bad owner
I learned that I will not be mentally mature enough to work until I am 18 years old, according to the owner. The manager is really friendly and helps create a positive work environment. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers and getting to interact with them and their families.
Busy workplace with a comfortable working atmosphere
Sales Associate (Current Employee), St. Catharines, ONNovember 29, 2015
Pros: Nice people to work with
Cons: sometimes I am unable to accomplish my goals in one shift
A typical day at work involves me starting on a particular job (i.e. tagging and/or cash) and eventually progresses to additional tasks throughout the day (i.e. running clothes onto sales floor, cleaning, etc.). I have learned additional customer service experience that adhere's to this company's standards and requirements. All co-workers, including management are very approachable and personable, something that I find makes a better working environments. The hardest part of the job is maintaining the appearance of the sales, only because the store is quite busy, so at times I will be providing customer service for longer; however, I will do my best to keep the floor looking good whenever I can. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with people, whether it be co-workers or customers, I enjoy talking to people.
Fun atmosphere to be a part of
Cashier, Customer Service, Part-time Key holder (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONJune 3, 2015
Pros: co-workers
Cons: Limited Advancement
Working at Once Upon a Child you are able to learn about the business, it is different than consignment which many people are unaware of. You are able to dabble in various parts of the business, the sorting of inventory, cash and customer service, and keeping the store organized and abundant with merchandise.
Productive and fun workplace
Cashier and product stocking (Former Employee), Abbotsford, BCFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: great customer service
Cons: not enough hours
Once Upon a Child is a great place to work with fantastic customer service. The staff are very approachable and always have smiles on their faces, even in the more stressful situations.
Great Environment, Terrible management
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONFebruary 3, 2014
Great environment if you love being around children daily! Terrible place to work if you want to get along with your boss, be treated fairly, get decent hours, and to be paid for the labour you are doing.
The owner has terrible manners, talks down to you and is not honest. Neither is more than half of her staff.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Richmond Hill, ONDecember 17, 2013
Pros: staff
* Typical work day is pretty busy. There is always something to do.
* I learned management skills.
* I am very comfortable with my co-workers
Fun place to work
Customer service oriented (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONSeptember 23, 2013
Pros: great environment
Cons: no benifits, low pay
Once Upon a Child was a great work place. management and emplyees were very welcoming. Unfortunately as a franchise company they could not offer benifits or full time hours.
A Fun and Family Oriented Place
Key Holder / Buyer - Laid Off - Ownership Change (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONApril 2, 2012
Pros: teamwork, family oriented, fun, social
Cons: owners sold it
I loved working at this store with the staff that was there before the owners sold it and laid me off.

Everyone I worked with was just like family and treated each other as if they were. We were a very close knit team that worked very well together.