Once Upon a Child

Once Upon a Child Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and fun workplace
Cashier and product stocking (Former Employee), Abbotsford, BCFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: great customer service
Cons: not enough hours
Once Upon a Child is a great place to work with fantastic customer service. The staff are very approachable and always have smiles on their faces, even in the more stressful situations.
Great Environment, Terrible management
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONFebruary 3, 2014
Great environment if you love being around children daily! Terrible place to work if you want to get along with your boss, be treated fairly, get decent hours, and to be paid for the labour you are doing.
The owner has terrible manners, talks down to you and is not honest. Neither is more than half of her staff.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Richmond Hill, ONDecember 17, 2013
Pros: staff
* Typical work day is pretty busy. There is always something to do.
* I learned management skills.
* I am very comfortable with my co-workers
Fun place to work
Customer service oriented (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONSeptember 23, 2013
Pros: great environment
Cons: no benifits, low pay
Once Upon a Child was a great work place. management and emplyees were very welcoming. Unfortunately as a franchise company they could not offer benifits or full time hours.
A Fun and Family Oriented Place
Key Holder / Buyer - Laid Off - Ownership Change (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONApril 2, 2012
Pros: teamwork, family oriented, fun, social
Cons: owners sold it
I loved working at this store with the staff that was there before the owners sold it and laid me off.

Everyone I worked with was just like family and treated each other as if they were. We were a very close knit team that worked very well together.
Fun Workplace
Shift Manager (Current Employee), Durham, NCJuly 4, 2014
Pros: flexible scheduling, friendly staff.
Cons: disgruntled customers, and sometimes sorting through soiled items
The best part of the job is the friendly staff and flexible hours. The store owner has a strong presence and is open to suggestions on productivity and marketing from staff members and management staff. The work environment is very relaxed and allows for socializing with customers and team members while completing daily tasks. At times performing daily – more... tasks becomes difficult when supplies are minimal. The hardest part of the job is sorting through sometimes soiled or infested items, and informing the customer of the condition. In this position, I have learned the importance of what you say and how you say it; which can be the difference in a negative review and a repeat customer. – less
Fast paced work environment
Store Manager/Operator (Former Employee), Evansville, INJune 30, 2014
Pros: great discounts, 1st choice of items
Cons: no insurance
I learned so many things from my 12 year stint at OUAC. I learned merchandising, store layout, everything about childrens products.

A typical day working is very fun but fast paced. I liked looking through customers items for sale , pricing and tagging merchandise.

You have to get along & work as a TEAM in this environment or the core will fail.

The – more... hardest part of this job is telling people you don't want to buy their items, they tend to take it personally.

The most enjoyable part is at the end of the day seeing how much you were able to accomplish. – less
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Clarksville, TNJune 26, 2014
A typical day at this job would be taking care of customer needs, maintaining cleanliness inside the store, and working the cash register.
productive and fun work environment
Crew Member (Former Employee), beavercreek phioJune 18, 2014
Pros: 20% off all merchandise and first pick through all merchandise
Cons: low hourly pay for work, and sporadic hours
wonderful place to work, great people to work amongst and great perks.
It was a great Job.
Cashier (Former Employee), Vacaville, CAJune 9, 2014
It was a great first job and learning new things. Working with customers and computers. It was a fun place to work, and great people to work with.
Family atmosphere
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Bloomington, INMay 28, 2014
Pros: most of the managers are great
Cons: no regular pay raises and you work every saturday!
Tough job as far as being on your feet. One 15-minute break every shift. In the busy season you sometimes work 10-12 hours with only one break and end up staying until midnight. Most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know the regular customers. One of the worst parts was picking up after people, especially during the sales.
OUAC is a fun place to work
Customer Service/Supervisor (Current Employee), glenway aveMay 17, 2014
Cons: a job
buy used childs clothing, toys and equipment, also ring customers up, do returns supervise the employees to make sure they are doing what needs to be done.
Fun, and fast paced
Night Manager (Current Employee), Elk Grove, CAMay 6, 2014
Pros: works great with my schedule.
Cons: not enough hours, low pay
Certified buyer
Buy gently used clothing and equipment for the store.
Follow opening and closing procedures for the store

Hardest partof the job was getting employees to respect me in a leadership role.
Fun, organized environment
Buyer/Cashier/Stock Associate (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COApril 28, 2014
All employees worked well together, definitely "Third Place" environment. Only issue was how strong of an influence management used regarding religion.
productive,busy, fun
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Carrollton, TXApril 23, 2014
Cons: no insurance provided
I love this job so much. I like my boss and others i work with.Just that the hours are not full time and I wanted to stay here but i feel that i wont move on up here.
Productive and Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lees Summit, KSApril 23, 2014
A normal work day would include sorting and buying clothes and helping customers out with questions. It also included hanging and sorting clothes in the sales floor. Working there with co-workers was just like a family, fun and enjoyable.
Always Busy
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Clarksville, INMarch 23, 2014
Pros: store discount for both once upon a child and platos closet
Cons: no complaints really
Enjoyable work enviorment and Co-workers and always had something to do, whether it be tending to customers, sorting items, pricing items, etc. Learned new things about infant and toddler products
Great coworkers
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 6, 2014
Pros: discount on clothing and shoes, pretty lenient dress code, good relationship with coworkers
Cons: short breaks, one manager will say do something but another will have a different way of doing things
I would come in and help open, sort and price new clothing, answer the phone, explain our process, and give quotes to new clients. I would step in as cashier as needed. At the end of the day I would help perform closing duties. The main thing I learned is how to be patient because the clientele at this particular job could snap or become displeased – more... at any given moment if they were not pleased with our offer for their items. For the most part my coworkers and I got along great, we could tell when it was time to leave each other alone for a little while. The hardest part of the job was definitely keeping calm when clients seemed to take their bad day out on me, I could usually get them to smile by the end of the day so I didn't end up in a bad mood as well. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my high school gymnastics coach! – less
Typical day
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCMarch 6, 2014
A typical day at OUAC runs pretty smoothly. You have a couple of regulars that come through browsing for new items. The hardest part of the job would be waiting until you get paid to buy items you have on hold, and hoping a customer doesn't snag it before you get the chance. The most enjoyable part is the 20% discount.
A good place to go for second-hand children's clothing and toys.
Cashier (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 23, 2014
A typical day at work is to ring up customers, answer any and all questions, process buys, tag, price, sort, and hang/place items, keep a clean and tidy appearance throughout store, behind counters, backroom, bathroom, and playpen. I learned a great deal about helping customers and children's items.

1 2 3 4 5