Once Upon a Child

Once Upon a Child Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and fun workplace
Cashier and product stocking (Former Employee), Abbotsford, BCFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: great customer service
Cons: not enough hours
Once Upon a Child is a great place to work with fantastic customer service. The staff are very approachable and always have smiles on their faces, even in the more stressful situations.
Great Environment, Terrible management
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONFebruary 3, 2014
Great environment if you love being around children daily! Terrible place to work if you want to get along with your boss, be treated fairly, get decent hours, and to be paid for the labour you are doing.
The owner has terrible manners, talks down to you and is not honest. Neither is more than half of her staff.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Richmond Hill, ONDecember 17, 2013
Pros: staff
* Typical work day is pretty busy. There is always something to do.
* I learned management skills.
* I am very comfortable with my co-workers
Fun place to work
Customer service oriented (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONSeptember 23, 2013
Pros: great environment
Cons: no benifits, low pay
Once Upon a Child was a great work place. management and emplyees were very welcoming. Unfortunately as a franchise company they could not offer benifits or full time hours.
A Fun and Family Oriented Place
Key Holder / Buyer - Laid Off - Ownership Change (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONApril 2, 2012
Pros: teamwork, family oriented, fun, social
Cons: owners sold it
I loved working at this store with the staff that was there before the owners sold it and laid me off.

Everyone I worked with was just like family and treated each other as if they were. We were a very close knit team that worked very well together.
TeamWork
Shift Leader (Current Employee), Columbia, SCJuly 18, 2014
Pros: fast pace
Cons: healthcare, lack of comunication
This Job would be great if there were better teamwork and everybody helped each other we are all there to do better but everyone don't put in there all. I learned that a great shift leader comes with teamwork, respect, and hard work. As far as management goes I just wish that they were stricter on other employees and really enforce the rules and not – more... just threaten time after time, the hardest thing about the job is you being the only one who cares about doing a great job and want the best for the job. the most enjoyable part is the great customer service. – less
Typical day at OUAC
Store Manager (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHJuly 8, 2014
Pros: working with people
My typical day starts with running reports, and filling in reports to ensure that sales, labor and cash handling guidelines are met. Then I proceed with my to do list to make sure that these guidelines will be met today. Also I make sure that all employees are in compliance with uniform policy, meeting the 5 non-negotiable standards when taking care – more... of the customers. I also like to create a fun and enjoyable environment not only for my employees but for my customers as well – less
Terrible place to work
SALES (Former Employee), Danbury, CTJuly 6, 2014
Pros: some of the girls that work there are some of the loveliest people i have ever met
Cons: terrible place to work
Owner is very rude and does not care for any of her employees as a person. Criticism is never to build but meant to point out your defects. Hours are randomly changed without notice. High volume of people quit due to the terrible enviroment
Fun Workplace
Shift Manager (Current Employee), Durham, NCJuly 4, 2014
Pros: flexible scheduling, friendly staff.
Cons: disgruntled customers, and sometimes sorting through soiled items
The best part of the job is the friendly staff and flexible hours. The store owner has a strong presence and is open to suggestions on productivity and marketing from staff members and management staff. The work environment is very relaxed and allows for socializing with customers and team members while completing daily tasks. At times performing daily – more... tasks becomes difficult when supplies are minimal. The hardest part of the job is sorting through sometimes soiled or infested items, and informing the customer of the condition. In this position, I have learned the importance of what you say and how you say it; which can be the difference in a negative review and a repeat customer. – less
Fast paced work environment
Store Manager/Operator (Former Employee), Evansville, INJune 30, 2014
Pros: great discounts, 1st choice of items
Cons: no insurance
I learned so many things from my 12 year stint at OUAC. I learned merchandising, store layout, everything about childrens products.

A typical day working is very fun but fast paced. I liked looking through customers items for sale , pricing and tagging merchandise.

You have to get along & work as a TEAM in this environment or the core will fail.

The – more... hardest part of this job is telling people you don't want to buy their items, they tend to take it personally.

The most enjoyable part is at the end of the day seeing how much you were able to accomplish. – less
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Clarksville, TNJune 26, 2014
A typical day at this job would be taking care of customer needs, maintaining cleanliness inside the store, and working the cash register.
productive and fun work environment
Crew Member (Former Employee), beavercreek phioJune 18, 2014
Pros: 20% off all merchandise and first pick through all merchandise
Cons: low hourly pay for work, and sporadic hours
wonderful place to work, great people to work amongst and great perks.
It was a great Job.
Cashier (Former Employee), Vacaville, CAJune 9, 2014
It was a great first job and learning new things. Working with customers and computers. It was a fun place to work, and great people to work with.
Family atmosphere
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Bloomington, INMay 28, 2014
Pros: most of the managers are great
Cons: no regular pay raises and you work every saturday!
Tough job as far as being on your feet. One 15-minute break every shift. In the busy season you sometimes work 10-12 hours with only one break and end up staying until midnight. Most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know the regular customers. One of the worst parts was picking up after people, especially during the sales.
OUAC is a fun place to work
Customer Service/Supervisor (Current Employee), glenway aveMay 17, 2014
Cons: a job
buy used childs clothing, toys and equipment, also ring customers up, do returns supervise the employees to make sure they are doing what needs to be done.
Fun, and fast paced
Night Manager (Current Employee), Elk Grove, CAMay 6, 2014
Pros: works great with my schedule.
Cons: not enough hours, low pay
Certified buyer
Buy gently used clothing and equipment for the store.
Follow opening and closing procedures for the store

Hardest partof the job was getting employees to respect me in a leadership role.
Fun, organized environment
Buyer/Cashier/Stock Associate (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COApril 28, 2014
All employees worked well together, definitely "Third Place" environment. Only issue was how strong of an influence management used regarding religion.
productive,busy, fun
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Carrollton, TXApril 23, 2014
Cons: no insurance provided
I love this job so much. I like my boss and others i work with.Just that the hours are not full time and I wanted to stay here but i feel that i wont move on up here.
Productive and Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lees Summit, KSApril 23, 2014
A normal work day would include sorting and buying clothes and helping customers out with questions. It also included hanging and sorting clothes in the sales floor. Working there with co-workers was just like a family, fun and enjoyable.
Always Busy
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Clarksville, INMarch 23, 2014
Pros: store discount for both once upon a child and platos closet
Cons: no complaints really
Enjoyable work enviorment and Co-workers and always had something to do, whether it be tending to customers, sorting items, pricing items, etc. Learned new things about infant and toddler products

1 2 3 4 5