Job I.D.: 2002-3
Title: Administrative Assistant
Region: Grande Prairie
Salary: Reflect experience and education
Other: Close Date Jan 23 2014
Please submit Resume w/ References
Total Safety is a recognized leader in workplace safety management and provides integrated safety solutions incorporating decades of experience, knowledge and engineering to companies all over the world in the refinery, oil, industrial and petrochemical industries. With over 1600 employees, Total Safety has 37 offices worldwide and 29 In-Plant Service Centers with annual sales for 2008 of approximately $150 million. Total Safety has an opening for a Business Administrator in the Grande Prairie, AB office
Reporting to the District Manager, the successful candidate will be expected to work a Mon-Friday 8-5 schedule, OT as needed. The individual will be assisting with aspects of company Office Administration as directed.
Job Summary: (Must be able to perform the following duties)
- Performs basic clerical and administrative duties for assigned department.
- Responsible for invoicing the client
- Maintaining accurate and complete support for invoicing
- Collection of payments for invoices
- Assist in monthly revenue accruals
- Prepares documents, correspondence and reports as directed. Proofreads for grammar and spelling. Copies, binds and distributes as directed.
- Enters data to maintain and update various databases and spreadsheets. Ensures data integrity by verifying input and calculations.
- Uses standard templates for regular departmental activities, reports and presentations to maximize efficiency and reduce turnaround time.
- Assists others by furnishing information and helping with basic problem resolution. Answers questions via phone or email and provides accurate and timely information. Takes accurate phone and verbal messages and ensures that messages are communicated in a timely manner.
- Creates, runs and distributes standard periodic reports, to communicate follow-up requirements and to summarize reports, etc. Maintains organized computer and/or hard copy files for easy identification and retrieval.
- Assists others in office as needed including providing back-up reception.
- Plans, coordinates and makes arrangements for on-site and off-site meetings conferences and special events. Coordinates scheduling, travel for attendees, meeting materials, AV and catering arrangements.
- Ensures accurate and timely communication to involved parties.
Qualifications and Education:
- High school diploma or GED plus additional specialized courses or Associates Degree in related field.
- Exposure to office equipment such as personal computers, copiers, calculators, fax machines, etc.
- Experience billing and invoicing clients.
- Progressive, directly related experience with knowledge of departmental function, procedures, terminology and interrelationships. Internal experience preferred.
- Above average communication & interpersonal skills required to interact with multiple internal, external & executive contacts.
- PC skills with proficiency with MS Office and other function-specific specialized software programs. Ability to develop spreadsheets and modify formats in order to complete assignments and ability to recommend improvements.
- Ability to pay close attention to details and present good planning, organization, and time management skills.
- Ability to handle diverse tasks simultaneously, works effectively with interruptions and consistently meets or exceeds production and quality goals.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential or sensitive information or issues.
- Ability to efficiently operate and perform basic maintenance and troubleshooting of all office equipment.
- Must demonstrate ability to work in a team environment and willingness to assume additional or new responsibilities readily.
- Competitive starting wage based on education and experience
- Employer paid benefit program