On Side Restoration Employee Reviews

Good company
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB21 November 2017
I have enjoyed a lot of aspects of this company since I started, it is just not the industry I want to be in. The company is run with great processes and procedures.
Pros
great corperate support
Cons
Would rather not say
ok i guess
contents (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON19 October 2017
it was nice working for them in the beginning , then they treat you like a 4th grader , you give them 6 months notice that you are leaving , then they fire you on the spot with no reason poor , poor
no justice
good work place
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON12 October 2017
good work environment with mostly easy work. driving to locations took a good chunk of the day and it involved some lifting of objects some heavy others light.
Pros
good pay
Cons
long days, sometimes up to 17 hours
Enjoyable
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 June 2017
Work in the insurance and private contracting sector. Restore property after a fire or flood had occurred. Working with insureds can be very difficult at times
Good workplace culture
Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC31 May 2017
People within the organization are very helpful and easy going. Culture where you can approach and interact with people on every level.

It would be good to have more town hall meetings so everyone across the country is informed of corporate goals and initiatives as well as how each employee will contribute to reaching them.
Pros
Celebrate team wins!
Cons
Information is not dissiminated through all levels of the business.
Great place to make money and learn
Water Restoration Technician (Former Employee) –  London, ON4 April 2017
You will make a decent amount of money and learn a lot about building science. However it is a very time consuming position that requires much "on-call" service that can take away from your personal life.
Pros
Money
Cons
Will take away from personal life.
Training
Restoration Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 March 2017
Onside was very committed to training there management to have an efficient, and professional team. Great corporate culture, with a group support system in place, and a general concern for all Stakeholders.
Pros
Training, and Support.
good workplace
Labour Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB24 January 2017
great workplace, made lots of friends and felt really good to help Fort Mcmurray with the fire recovery situation. would like to go back to work with on side within a year if i dont find a job i like.
fun times
Skilled Labourer (Former Employee) –  Dawson Creek, BC23 November 2016
if you have a good crew the job can be fun, the job changes lots . the pay isn't the best but your home every night so you can't complain about that,
Great Crew so so Managment
Water technican labourer (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB22 June 2016
It was a great place to work but management made it hard some days, no positivity only negativity. Unfortunately was let go after a WCB accident.
Pros
Great Team to work with
Cons
Managment
All positions were challenging
PMA (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat17 June 2016
I view my assorted office positions as;

There was something new for me to learn alot, they were challenging but, also rewarding.
Ok place
Estimator (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON9 November 2015
I worked with Onside threw a Temp company, the over all experience was ok staff where ok. Wish it had led into full time work.
Friendly work environment, not ideal for a career path.
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 July 2015
I found Onside to be a pretty friendly work environment but other than the laughs I found it lacking in regards to management follow through and structure.

Staff hands were tied when requesting necessary work equipment to do their jobs properly. It was a daily obstacle to acquire the tools necessary to conduct daily duties.

Disciplinary steps non-existent.
Pros
Occasional free luncheon, free variety of coffee.
Cons
Poor wages, long hours, lack of tools needed for job, poor communication from management, lack of disciplinary actions leaves staff open to unforseen dismall. Overall poor structure.
good working
Project Manager Assistant/ Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 March 2015
I like working with Onside if I had an option to stay in Edmonton city I will work here only. Transfer not much appreciated by them unless completed for long year with the company
Horrible company to work for.
Project Manager's Assistant- Administration (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 March 2015
Due to micromanagement and an extremely negative environment this was a horrible company to work for. Operation staff is a joke and directly reflects on the salary you will make, while nothing is being done to fix these issues. Your job will entitle duties that were not previously explained to you prior to taking the position. Do not work for this company unless you are desperate for work.
Pros
Cons
negativity
A typical day for me
Contents Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC2 February 2015
My job requires me to adapt to multiple situations within a day. I assist with dispatching our extremely competent contents staff, I liaison with management, clients and sub-trades as well as provide budget estimations.

When a claim goes quickly and efficiently it is the most gratifying job you could ever ask for. The clients are happy, the project managers are satisfied and the adjusters are appreciative.
Pros
Receiving compliments from insureds, project managers & adjusters
Cons
Long hours and being on call
Not much fun all business and not much more.
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  BC2 December 2014
Typical day at work was start at 8:30am work until 5:00pm. things I learned where how to pack a house out. How to use water extractors, Drier Fans and D'Humidifiers in floods. Management was not the best communication was poor mainly because our project managers were not trained enough. I was working there 2 years and not once was told I was doing a good job. The only time you got to talk to your project managers was when there was a problem and it was always your fault. I did not like management. However I Got along great with my co-workers it was like a big family. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the project managers and the most enjoyable part of the job was working on a smooth running job with my co-workers.
Pros
The company provided company vans and tools for us to use
Cons
very long long hours
Project Coordinator/project managers.
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC22 July 2014
Meet with staff discuss job duties for the project do daily site visits as well assist where needed
Great co-workers, Good atmosphere
Information Technology Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 July 2014
Administrative Tasks
Blackberry Enterprise Server
Frustrating Management, Left alone with little training
Kind and helpful Co-workers
Hardest part of the job was being left to do tasks with zero training
The co-workers were the best part of the job
Pros
Fantastic Co-workers
maintainable
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 July 2014
not a very good paying job for the amount of un pleasant work,they treat you like a slave
Pros
Cons
long day