The Power of One®
The "Power of One" is the key component of the Omni Hotels' company culture: it's the way we work.
Omni Hotels associates are encouraged to make decisions that exceed the expectations of our internal and external customers by using The Power of One" service code. Our culture provides associates with the training and authority to make these decisions in a positive, supportive environment and rewards them through the Omni Service Champions program.
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic, hard-working individual to join us in our Payroll/Accounting department. This individual will be responsible for ensuring pay cheques are completed in a timely manner in accordance with Omni Hotels and Resorts standards and all provincial and federal legislation. The individual will also be responsible for analyzing and coordinating all income audit functions in order to ensure all financial transactions for the day are verified and balanced.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensuring all paperwork is accurately completed with appropriate signatures
- All payroll reports are prepared by required deadlines
- Process wage increases
- Perform all other payroll functions directed by the Director of Finance
- Process annual T-4’s
- Responsible for monitoring and performing monthly areas highlighted under Payroll verification section of the Internal Audit Checklist Report.
- Timely and accurate preparation of the Daily Revenue Report.
- Monthly upload of forecast to daily labour report
- Month end close balance and post of revenues to meet corporate deadline
- Daily balancing of credit card batches settled to posted and received batches.
- Daily allowance review and distribution of report
- Daily management charge adjustments and posting to cost
- Daily tracking and posting of select guest and amenity charges
- Daily tax reconciliation
- Daily review, balancing and posting of MISC, Commissions and receivable account
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- College degree or equivalent experience
- 3 – 5 years prior payroll experience required
- Must be proficient in Excel, Outlook and other general computer skills
- Must be a self-starting team player that contributes positive energy
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team oriented environment.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and reprioritize when necessary