The Omni King Edward Hotel is currently seeking a hard-working and experienced individual to join us as a Commis Chef. The Commis Chef assists the Chef de Partie in the proper preparation and presentation of all dishes and assures that all items are prepared as specified by the Sous Chef and Executive Chef.
The responsibilities of a Commis Chef include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Consults with Chef de Partie as to the hot items planned for the luncheon or dinner hour
2. Checks station and refrigerators for left-overs and prepares food items accordingly
3. Sets up his station using the station checklist
4. Cooks short-order items during the luncheon or dinner hours and assists the Chef de Partie and Sous chef whenever the need arises
5. Keeps station neat and clean and is polite to all peers and service personnel
6. Informs Chef de Partie on any problems that may arise during the shift
7. Gives guidance to the Dish Washer on duty as to dishes needed and the cleaning of areas
8. Keeps foods on the line fresh and containers clean
9. Sees to it that dirty pots and pans are returned to the kitchen for washing by the pot washer
10. Cleans up station and turns stations over to the upcoming shift
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Previous experience in a similar capacity in an equivalent property.
- Culinary Apprenticeship or equivalent to Interprovincial Red Seal required.
- Must have a passion for the profession.
- Must be available to work weekends and shift work
- Hotel experience preferred