Open Position: Book Keeper
Job Location: Mississauga
Job Type: Full-time
Number of Positions Open: 1
Start Date: ASAP
Hours: 9 – 5
Posting Date: June 2014
Industry: Restaurant Equipment
Over the last 60 years, Omcan Inc. has grown to become a leading supplier to the food service industry in Canada and the USA. Our success over these many years is directly attributed to our established relationships with all of our valued customers and through providing them with Diverse, Dependable and Proven products. Omcan continues to help our customers remain competitive.
With associates in North America, Europe, and Asia, our global footprint continues to expand and we hold to the principal that clients benefit from the accessibility and familiarity of sales teams. In 2012 as our geography and brand recognition continued to grow, we changed to one name Omcan Food Machinery.
In over 200,000 sq. ft. of warehouse space we stock over 2,000 quality food equipment and supplies for the food preparation market.
The Ideal Candidate
This role plays an integral part in Omcan’s financial success; it will require good judgment, confidentiality and ability to handle sensitive information, and adherence to all policies and procedures specific to the finance department and Omcan at large.
- Daily monitoring of the Omcan group of companies’ bank accounts
- Responsible for the administration of accounting systems SAP Business 1 and Sage
- Reconcile suppliers and vendors accounts in SAP Business 1
- Ensure monthly reconciliation and reporting of ledgers and SAP Business 1 is completed accurately and on time
- Complete full accounting cycle monthly and at year end in SAP Business 1 and Sage
- Prepare and process bi-weekly payroll for salaried and hourly employees, ensuring appropriate deductions
- Process monthly payment of government remittances and group benefits
- Develop and maintain employee information including benefits administration and tax credit forms
- Process terminations including timely and accurate processing of Record of Employment; report all terminations to proper avenues
- Provide back-up support for accounts payable and receivable positions
- Provide back-up support for the completion of bank and payment letters for all European and Chinese vendors, updating in SAP
- Adjust inventory tracking for all Omcan credit notes issues
- High degree of numerical competency
- Highly attentive to detail with strong clerical and organization skill
- Ability to create, read and analyze detailed numerical reports
- Communicate clearly and effectively with all levels of an organization
- Must possess advanced knowledge and skill with MS Office, particularly Excel
- Expert Knowledge of SAP Business 1, Sage, and Pay Dirt.
- At minimum, hold a diploma from an accredited college in accounting, bookkeeping, payroll or other related course
- CPB Certification
Equal Opportunity Employer
Company Name: OMCAN Inc.
Web Site Address: http://www.omcan.com/