Olymel Employee Reviews in Canada

fun and good place to work
Production Line Worker-Shipping (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, ABMarch 13, 2016
Friday is best day of work
driving a forklift is a new experience
friendly team and management
most hardest it is a cold temperatures and most enjoyable is building a new skills.
loved it
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ONFebruary 1, 2016
great place to work, learnt a lot .

the people were great.

only thing was hard , was its very cold

management was great, they really understood you and took time to help you learn and improve yourself
Difficult experience
Financial Analyst Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJanuary 26, 2016
The day consisted to help my colleague with their tasks, photocopies.. Not a really good experience but it help me to improve my patience at least.
sponsored me to come here in canada
buthcher (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABJanuary 14, 2016
I Enjoy working here in my first and second years,my supervisor is very supportive and lots of my countryman working in this company so the environment is the same as i work in the philippines,lots of friendly people.
Very cold and odour filled environment
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABJanuary 11, 2016
This job was also very intensive. Always working in extreme cold conditions or extreme heat in some cases. A lot of foreigners made it difficult to work there. They do not always posses the right skills to communicate orally.
fine
Manager (Current Employee) –  SaskatchewanOctober 19, 2015
Long hours stressful environment. Coworkers fine. Hardest part of job is the long hours and not much pay. Client base is fun and enjoy working with other units.
Pros
Cons
Long Hours
well managed factory
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ONJuly 29, 2015
great Place to work, really good staff and other employees, learned lots of new things about the food industry. they always put their customers first.
Production
Line worker- production (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, ONMay 22, 2015
There's two shift day and evening, I am on evening shift so I work 3:30 to 12 AM. We do a lot of repetitive work. you learn the lines pretty quietly and my co worker are great people. There's isn't a lot of hard work in the department that I am in, we have three department slicing, ready to cool, and ready to eat. the hardest department is ham other than that everything is good.
Pros
benefit
Cons
on your feet all day
Not a great place to work
Production worker (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ONMarch 18, 2015
Every day you are set to start in a certain position and rotate positions every hour. Every individual shares a different job and is in teams. I learned that not everybody is going to like you, I learned how to weigh products and how to tell good product from bad product. Some of the supervisors were laid back and reasonable people, others were pushy and made the employees feel unmotivated to do the job. I enjoyed working with some of my co-workers but some drama was involved and some co-workers dislike each other, which makes it difficult to have a fun work environment when you work with the same group of people every day. The hardest part of the job was keeping up the pace with the machines and rest of the group, it was also very difficult to be in a position in which I was not trained to do the job properly. The most enjoyable part of the job was some of the people and having fun and joking around to let the time pass as we worked.
Pros
decent salary
Cons
long hours standing, unfair treatment
productive place to work
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Red deer,ABFebruary 10, 2015
Olymel is good company a typical day at work was hard because you work using knifes you have to be careful do not hurt your self or your coworkers they guarantee 8 hours every day most of the time the offer over time i learned to use knifes also special cuts of meet
co workers are nice , was nice to work with people who really like to work like team ,the hardest part of the job was the temperature -5 c
all day and the most enjoyable of the work was i was only working monday to friday
Pros
good benefits
Cons
some times you work long hours using an kiffe
Physically demanding job
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AlbertaJanuary 12, 2015
Working at night shift, Monday to Friday
I learned a lot to provide a good relationships with my co worker and the management. The hardest part of the job is I have to left heavy meat even if I'm pregnant if I'm not pregnant that time I can do it I'm used to left heavy. The most enjoyable part of my job is your friend around you.You can't mind the time as you can enjoyed with your job.
Good place to wrok
Senior Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ONNovember 1, 2014
Good place to work.

Management is great.
Co - workers is great.

Lack of work was the problem for me.

Enjoyed the people
benefits
fast and hard
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, ABJuly 27, 2014
all product is different code, weight, box, and bag. or you can be making same cut over and over and over again. drive pallet jack, train people. depends on the job and there are tons of them.
Cons
wake up early. chances of hr and a half o.t. smelly. cold. hard work. repetitive.
good for a start
meat processor (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, ABJuly 20, 2014
Union is good, they care about workers. management needs more training
Tiring
Pork Cutter (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABMay 27, 2014
Its very hard and tiring. I had to get my hnad operated because of the knife usages while cutting the pork
staible and fast work
meat stuffer (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABApril 21, 2014
typical day always fast but when your done feels like u achieve your goal and accomplish your job properly. i learned how to be more responsible worker,always in time never be late and be intelligent flexible and be a good part of the team.
Consistent Work
Meat Cutter (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABApril 14, 2014
A job filled with the opportunity to advance, guaranteed benefits, and part of a union. Long Hours, Weekends off.

Have to be able to stand in one spot for long hours. Repetitive movements. Work with sharp knives.
Pros
full time hours with benefits. union.
Cons
manditory overtime.
productive and busy as always
Labourer (Current Employee) –  Red deerMarch 4, 2014
Its not so busy at this time, less hogs are killed by the month of January to July so we have lots of under-time at work. I learned different cuts and how to make job easier but normally your hands get sore at the end of the day. The management is good like other companies which are implementing seniority. Good benefits are offered. Most of the workers are from Ukraine,Philippines Etc.. we work together as a team. The hardest part of the job is when your hands get sore but still you have to finish your job. I enjoy working each day.
Production under pressure
Daily (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCNovember 24, 2013
It is a good job for summer. It's a cold place and co-workers are nice people you can talk with during work hours. It requires to be physically and mentally strong to work because of the repetitive movements.
Pros
starts very early of the day
Cons
a lot of pressure in production
Hard working,Active at work all the time,Never absent at all time.
Food Labourer (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABNovember 4, 2013
I work 8 hours a day Monday to Friday,I learn many jobs of processing meats.it is a good management,I have too many Friend from defferent country,I enjoy to work while talking with my friends.