Olymel Employee Reviews

its a hard job,you dont stop moving and you work in a freezer
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB9 December 2016
first thing to do is wear your uniform ,get all your working equipments
and you go stand on the line waiting for it to start.
you will doing the same movement over and over for 7 hours
its a hard job so we get a break every 2 hours
a good work place to be with.
Production Lead Hand (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB3 December 2016
During my typical workday, I am responsible for overseeing my teams as they progress in what they have doing such as finishing their job task.
I've learned that you should have a grand vision. Be competent take care of your people.Say what you mean.Lead by example.
You should have a good relationship with them
I had an excellent professional relationship with my co-workers, which gelled quite nicely with the company environment. People assisted one another.We worked as a team to solve problems and learned new skills to reach our team objectives.
The hardest things of my job are that you can't easily leave your job without anyone replacing you when you want to leave.
Getting the job done. I always need at least half an hour to be quiet. Only after that I can be again myself .
Hard Work
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB2 June 2016
The front line people were amazing. The management team was not supportive. Never positive feedback. Treat the employees like they are completely irrelevant to the industry. Any and all appreciations had a catch to them. For example: They feed you lunch and then make you work overtime. Ok for a quick stop to make cash but good people are stuck there for life.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Everything else
Straight to the point Processing Factory that's loud
Packager/Line Feeder (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON28 April 2016
I only worked here for the summer for a couple months, but the place was alright. At first it was hard to understand people that were not fluent in English, plus it was very loud and required for you to wear sanitary coats/gloves/hairnets/earplugs. People worked really fast and i found it hard to keep up, but overall it was a normal experience for a factory like setting.
Pros
Good Hours and Pay
Cons
Language Barrier and Very Loud
fun and good place to work
Production Line Worker-Shipping (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB13 March 2016
Friday is best day of work
driving a forklift is a new experience
friendly team and management
most hardest it is a cold temperatures and most enjoyable is building a new skills.
loved it
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON1 February 2016
great place to work, learnt a lot .

the people were great.

only thing was hard , was its very cold

management was great, they really understood you and took time to help you learn and improve yourself
Difficult experience
Financial Analyst Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 January 2016
The day consisted to help my colleague with their tasks, photocopies.. Not a really good experience but it help me to improve my patience at least.
sponsored me to come here in canada
buthcher (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB14 January 2016
I Enjoy working here in my first and second years,my supervisor is very supportive and lots of my countryman working in this company so the environment is the same as i work in the philippines,lots of friendly people.
Very cold and odour filled environment
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB11 January 2016
This job was also very intensive. Always working in extreme cold conditions or extreme heat in some cases. A lot of foreigners made it difficult to work there. They do not always posses the right skills to communicate orally.
fine
Manager (Current Employee) –  Saskatchewan19 October 2015
Long hours stressful environment. Coworkers fine. Hardest part of job is the long hours and not much pay. Client base is fun and enjoy working with other units.
Pros
Cons
Long Hours
well managed factory
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON29 July 2015
great Place to work, really good staff and other employees, learned lots of new things about the food industry. they always put their customers first.
Production
Line worker- production (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, ON22 May 2015
There's two shift day and evening, I am on evening shift so I work 3:30 to 12 AM. We do a lot of repetitive work. you learn the lines pretty quietly and my co worker are great people. There's isn't a lot of hard work in the department that I am in, we have three department slicing, ready to cool, and ready to eat. the hardest department is ham other than that everything is good.
Pros
benefit
Cons
on your feet all day
Not a great place to work
Production worker (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON18 March 2015
Every day you are set to start in a certain position and rotate positions every hour. Every individual shares a different job and is in teams. I learned that not everybody is going to like you, I learned how to weigh products and how to tell good product from bad product. Some of the supervisors were laid back and reasonable people, others were pushy and made the employees feel unmotivated to do the job. I enjoyed working with some of my co-workers but some drama was involved and some co-workers dislike each other, which makes it difficult to have a fun work environment when you work with the same group of people every day. The hardest part of the job was keeping up the pace with the machines and rest of the group, it was also very difficult to be in a position in which I was not trained to do the job properly. The most enjoyable part of the job was some of the people and having fun and joking around to let the time pass as we worked.
Pros
decent salary
Cons
long hours standing, unfair treatment
productive place to work
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Red deer,AB10 February 2015
Olymel is good company a typical day at work was hard because you work using knifes you have to be careful do not hurt your self or your coworkers they guarantee 8 hours every day most of the time the offer over time i learned to use knifes also special cuts of meet
co workers are nice , was nice to work with people who really like to work like team ,the hardest part of the job was the temperature -5 c
all day and the most enjoyable of the work was i was only working monday to friday
Pros
good benefits
Cons
some times you work long hours using an kiffe
Physically demanding job
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, Alberta12 January 2015
Working at night shift, Monday to Friday
I learned a lot to provide a good relationships with my co worker and the management. The hardest part of the job is I have to left heavy meat even if I'm pregnant if I'm not pregnant that time I can do it I'm used to left heavy. The most enjoyable part of my job is your friend around you.You can't mind the time as you can enjoyed with your job.
Good place to wrok
Senior Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON1 November 2014
Good place to work.

Management is great.
Co - workers is great.

Lack of work was the problem for me.

Enjoyed the people
Benefits
fast and hard
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB27 July 2014
all product is different code, weight, box, and bag. or you can be making same cut over and over and over again. drive pallet jack, train people. depends on the job and there are tons of them.
Cons
wake up early. chances of hr and a half o.t. smelly. cold. hard work. repetitive.
good for a start
meat processor (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB20 July 2014
Union is good, they care about workers. management needs more training
Tiring
Pork Cutter (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB27 May 2014
Its very hard and tiring. I had to get my hnad operated because of the knife usages while cutting the pork
staible and fast work
meat stuffer (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB21 April 2014
typical day always fast but when your done feels like u achieve your goal and accomplish your job properly. i learned how to be more responsible worker,always in time never be late and be intelligent flexible and be a good part of the team.