Are you a cutting-edge interactive designer who keeps up on all the latest design and technology trends and thinks all things digital and mobile at all times? Olson Canada is currently looking for a Freelance Interactive Designer to join our team for some upcoming work. The ideal candidate has a minimum of 3+ years of relevant industry exposure, a strong creative and experience design portfolio of print and online work, extensive design prowess, and some interesting life experiences to bring to the table.
Reporting to the Creative Director, you will be responsible for handling key design deliverables for some top tier clients within the Toronto.
- Layout and design for site, mobile, app and related digital experiences.
- Design and execution of ideas for retail and promotional materials
- Production of Social media and related creative materials as required
- Retouching/resizing of images for web and mobile use
- Ability to manage deadlines on concurrent projects effectively
- Comfortable working within strict brand guidelines under tight timelines
- Produce clean, cohesive design with appropriate skills to deliver technically accurate files
- Work with senior management to gain approval of concepts and final design
- Attend creative briefings and internal meetings and reviews
- Proofing digital images, and preparation for presentation
- Providing illustrations/photo manipulations for specialized tasks as needed
Education, Qualifications and Experience:
- Post-Secondary Degree in Graphic or Advertising Design or similar
- 3+ years agency or related experience in print and web projects from concept to completion
- Strong experience with Adobe Creative Suite CS5/CS6: Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator,
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Proven ability to design for HTML5 and CSS
- Keen knowledge of current design and technology trends
- Strong chops in site and mobile design (including designing for retina display)
- Appetite and ability to work closely with technology dept. to refine designs
- Solid brand/identity experience
- Illustration: both hand drawn and digital experience
- Photography and photo manipulation skills
- After Effects/Motion Design experience an asset
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English
- Strong conceptual development, typography and interactive design skills
- Flexible, adaptable worker with superb multitasking abilities
- Effectively take initiative and complete projects thoroughly and on time
- Ability to collaborate and articulate creative ideas to the team
Indeed - 14 months ago