Olsen is a leader in the women’s fashion industry with a rich history of authentic European design, offering modern European apparel and accessories since 1959. Based in Hamburg, Germany, Olsen is synonymous with fashion that combines unique styling, innovative fabrication and enduring quality to create stylish wardrobe solutions for the modern woman.
Reporting to the Marketing Manager, the Marketing Assistant is responsible for administrative and communication functions required by the Marketing Department while always ensuring that brand Integrity is maintained and that the application of Olsen Operating Philosophies are achieved:
1) Maximize all Revenue growth opportunities and Profitability with Brand Integrity
2) Ensure all interactions and communications are conducted with Respect and Integrity, both internally and externally
3) Ensure all Operating Best Practices are Efficient and Cost Effective in an entrepreneurial spirit
The incumbent is a highly organized and self-motivated individual with the ability to multi-task with minimal or no supervision. She/he has a strong sense of responsibility and is highly motivated to manage diverse and complex administrative and communications tasks with efficiency, accuracy, discretion and clarity. The incumbent understands that he/she is accountable for his/her job duties, has impeccable follow-up skills, is well-versed in dealing with internal partners and external parties, and is motivated to acquire new skills.
Planning & Administration
- Responsible for assisting the Marketing Manager in forward-planning of seasonal marketing activity, regularly updating promotional calendars, and developing and adhering to production schedules.
- Manages and monitors the marketing budget; issues vendor requests for project quotations in line with the marketing budget, processes purchase orders, verifies invoices and tracks monthly budget reports.
- Manages and updates department databases including store master lists for marketing materials, PR master lists for press communications, and mall marketing contact lists.
- Monitors and reports on marketing metrics weekly on ongoing progress of customer database by segment, email database metrics, and other key performance indicators.
- Prepares and maintains marketing campaign summaries & post data results to share with management team.
- Coordinates the distribution of marketing materials to all divisions (Retail and Wholesale), including but not limited to catalogues, signage, Look Books, and sales generating initiatives.
- Observes seasonal Wholesale account list of independent retailers for North America. Prepares co-op advertising allotment, creates and sends co-op advertising packages, addresses special agent requests.
- Liaises with marketing team at German parent company headquarters on creative and copy assets, fact checks, and press materials; provides parent company with regular updates on North America marketing activity.
- Liaises with landlords and shopping centre administrators to keep mall websites updated with current promotions and events to ensure mall advertising /event opportunities are maximized.
- Provides regular status updates and circulates post-meeting notes to cross functional members within the Company.
- Assists in executing marketing efforts, including but not limited to: direct mail, e-mail marketing, social media content management, advertising, customer events, and competitive analyses.
- Monitors marketing materials inventory.
- Oversees department supply orders and purchasing.
- Writes and modifies marketing literature including press releases and project briefs.
- Prepares accurate and dynamic PowerPoint presentations as needed.
- Edits and publishes quarterly internal newsletter.
- Demonstrates an understanding of his/her audience when developing clear and thorough communication tools and directives for stores to support marketing deliverables, including sign kit notifications and event launch packages/memos.
- Works with Retail Operations Coordinator for approval on clarity of marketing communications and executes deployment to field in a timely manner.
- Prepares and distributes tracking logs to coincide with marketing activity.
- Oversees Store Marketing Request Application submissions; liaises with management for approvals and communicates with Store Managers and District Managers on status of requests.
- Provides support to the field on marketing related inquiries.
- Ensures department is adhering to production calendar, notifying cross-functional team members of impending deadlines and advising of production issues ad hoc.
- Leads third party vendors/partners for timely and accurate execution and delivery of marketing projects including all print production, direct mail campaigns, and advertising.
- Works closely with the Merchandise team to review seasonal images used in creative to ensure accuracy and availability in North America.
- Maintains sign library and provides follow up on field requests.
- Responsible for proofing copy and content for various marketing materials.
- Assists in planning and executing marketing events such as media events or appearances, sponsorship events, and warehouse sales when applicable.
- Writes creative and compelling seasonal press releases.
- Writes verbiage and content for media appearances and speaker notes.
- Compiles press kit materials as per PR communication schedule.
- Liaises with key media and provides follow up on media requests for samples and information.
- Provides support for PR events.
- Observes media list activity to determine opportunities.
Social & Online
- Develops and maintains content for all social media platforms including Facebook & Twitter, ensuring consistent brand messaging and alignment with the promotional and marketing calendar.
- Develops presence for Olsen on Pinterest and Instagram.
- Reports on social engagement metrics; monitors follower comments and crafts appropriate replies as necessary.
- Manages and reports on social media advertising campaigns.
- Assists with email marketing campaigns through list management, proofing and deployment. Reports on key performance metrics and recommends ways to optimize.
- Leveraging the Olsen email marketing tool, executes email marketing campaigns with tight adherence to the email schedule; filters and segments the database to target customer segments, and suggests ways to optimize and improve performance.
- Coordinates search engine optimization (SEO) activities used to promote online store (future rollout).
- Supports Marketing Manager in the development and management of an online marketing strategy to drive revenue to the online store and retain customers by leveraging the Olsen website, email marketing, SEO and social media (future rollout).
- Ensures accuracy of information for website Retail Store Locator and online store content (future rollout).
- Assists on the creation of surveys to gain customer insights; tracks and reports on results.
- Assists in cleansing data for import into Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool. Performs data maintenance activities including resolving profile issues, duplications, deletions, and updates.
- Suggests and implements new sources of data collection.
- Able to organize and manipulate data in Excel to prepare data for importing into the CRM tool if required.
- Utilizes the CRM tool to manage campaign success, assigning and tracking promotional codes and reporting on results.
- Maintains and observes the customer database for discovery of opportunities for marketing and promotional optimization and sales trends.
- Performs database segmentation as required for marketing campaigns.
- Assists in developing customer research initiatives via email – creating, distributing and reporting on surveys.
- Supports the Marketing Manager in the development and implementation of a public loyalty program.
COMPETENCIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Post-secondary education in related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 3 years experience in a fast-paced, changing marketing environment.
- Commercially aware, with an avid interest in fashion marketing and retail.
- Experience in a fashion retail environment is beneficial.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office with strong excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong customer service, organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated success in a multi-tasking, deadline-oriented, environment with ability to prioritize decisions accurately.
- Excellent organizational, planning and problem solving skills.
- Thorough knowledge of the print production process.
- Previous experience with CRM analytics/segmentation tool is beneficial.
- Demonstrated capacity to work with significant independence and yet keep others well informed.
- Knowledge of creative software is an asset (CS 5.5, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign).
- Team oriented style; ability to work with diverse groups of people and independently in an open environment.
- A professional demeanor.
- Ability to stay calm under pressure.
- Self motivated and confident.
- Desire to excel and succeed.
- Self motivated, passionate, empathetic and approachable.
- Outgoing, energetic, upbeat and fun!
- Willing to embrace change and learn new technologies and systems to meet business needs.
- Will be required to travel occasionally.
- Experience with an e-commerce business is beneficial.
Coupled with a “fun” environment, Olsen offers a competitive salary, benefit package & Product Promotion package.
Olsen represents friendship and emotional strength. Fashion to Olsen is a statement of a positive awareness for life. Our signature is a...