Olsen Europe is a leader in the women’s fashion industry with a rich history of authentic European design, offering contemporary European apparel and accessories since 1959. Based in Hamburg, Germany, the Company is branded in North America as Olsen Europe, and is synonymous with fashion that combines unique styling, innovative fabrication and enduring quality to create stylish wardrobe solutions for the modern woman. Olsen Europe is like a best friend; compassion for women and providing clothing that inspires confidence is at the heart of the Olsen Europe brand philosophy.
Available internationally and first introduced to Canada in 1983, Olsen Europe has a rich history in the Canadian fashion market and can be found in 65 retail stores across Canada, including 40 shops within the Bay.
This is a permanent position based out of Toronto. Reporting to the Vice President, Sales & Operations, the District Manager, British Columbia will oversee all facets of the District Manager functions within the assigned region while always ensuring that Brand Integrity is maintained and the application of Olsen Europe Operating Philosophies are achieved:
1. Maximize all Revenue growth opportunities and Profitability with Brand Integrity
2. Ensure all interactions and communications are conducted with Respect and Integrity, both internally and externally
3. Ensure all Operating Best Practices are Efficient and Cost Effective in an entrepreneurial spirit
The District Manager, British Columbia oversees approximately 11 stores, and contributes to the overall growth and success of the Olsen brand while having direct interaction with all levels of management.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Plan, forecast and reports on sales, costs & business performance according to company requirements
- Manage selling and customer service activities and staff competence in these areas, so as to optimize and sustain sales performance, profitability and customer satisfaction
- Manage & motivate, recruit, train & develop staff according to company policies & employment laws and ensure that relevant HR procedures are followed (appraisals, New Hire discipline etc.)
- Attend meetings and contribute to company strategy and policy-making as required
- Seek and continuously develop knowledge and information about competitor activity, pricing and tactics, and communicate this to relevant departments in the Company
- Liaise with external agencies and authorities as necessary (Finance, HR, Marketing, Mall Affiliates, HBC Partners)
- Develop personal skills and capability through on-going training (such as merchandising, operations and policy administration), as provided by the company or elsewhere subject to Company approval
- Partnered with Marketing, implement advertising & promotional strategy & activities to assigned region
- Ensure all stores meet company visual standards including presentation, housekeeping & store maintenance
- Ensure all stores are adhering to all Loss Prevention policies and Health and Safety guidelines
- Self-driven and results-oriented with a positive outlook
- Provide strong leadership to all management and associates through consistent direction, feedback, and follow up with a “hands on” approach
- Able to work extended hours and to travel on occasions when required
- Clear focus on high quality and business profit
- Work from designated Home Office with 80% of time in the field
- Exceptional customer service, organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated success and experience in managing major accounts, customers and large contracts (or even a business) - particularly during the achievement of genuine sales development
- Reliable, tolerant, and determined
- Empathic communicator - able to see things from the other person's point of view * Keen for new experience, responsibility, and accountability
- Demonstrated success in a multi-tasking, deadline-oriented environment with the ability to prioritize decisions accurately.
- Natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance
- Mature, credible, and comfortable in dealing with senior executives
- Team player
- Well presented and businesslike
- Other duties as required by management
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Understand profit and loss calculations and basic business finance
- Experience in a fashion retail environment is an asset
- Post-secondary education in related field or equivalent experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills - verbal and written
- Very competent writer of business letters
- Adept in use of MS Office 2000 or later – proficient at Excel and Word at an intermediate level
- Knowledgeable with internet and email
- Outgoing, energetic, upbeat and fun!
Coupled with a “fun” environment, Olsen Europe offers a competitive salary, benefits and layered incentive package!
Interested candidates are asked to submit their resume online.
Apply today & be part of our world! @ http://olseneuropejobs.com/jobs/750435-full-time-shoppe-manager-british-columbia
Indeed - 8 months ago