Olive Garden

Olive Garden Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great but...
Server (Former Employee), Fayetteville, GADecember 31, 2014
Pros: benefits, pay, tips.
Cons: can be difficult if your not used to being a waitress.
This job had wonderful benefits and left every night or day with tips which was a plus but was kind of difficult to get the hang of since I was a server. Think I needed to start out as a host before they pushed me to be a server.
Horrible managment.
Waitress/Host/To-Go specialist/Production (Former Employee), Wentzville, MODecember 30, 2014
Pros: 50% food
Cons: no breaks, bad managment
Management is horrible they will work you into the ground, expect you to pick up shifts and will not thank you. The company treats there employees' the worst I've ever seen. They walk all over you and treat you like dirt no matter how beneficial you are/have been for there company.
Serving in general there is even worse than dealing with management. SALAD, BREAD,SOUP constantly! You are only allowed 3 tables and It is harder to serve 3 tables at Olive Garden than it is to serve 7 somewhere else. And you deal with 75% rude and snobby people.
Fun and productive atmoshpere to work in
Food Production (Former Employee), Melrose Park, ILDecember 30, 2014
Pros: dicounted lunch and staff was nice
Cons: shorten hours after grand opening was a problem
Work here was typically easy when following the orders given
Great Experience
Service Manager (Former Employee), Altoona, PADecember 30, 2014
Would return to Olive Garden/Darden Restaurants again. Great training and compensation structure
Fun workplace with flexible scheduling
Server (Former Employee), Appleton, WIDecember 30, 2014
Pros: great team
Cons: you cannot mess up or you will get fired
I enjoyed working for Olive Garden very much! The reason they don't receive five stars is only due to how my employment with them ended.
Company potlucks, fun management
Bartender and Server (Current Employee), Hot Springs, ARDecember 30, 2014
Pros: daily income, maintaining a great figure, salesmanship of a great product, ease of trading shifts
Cons: physically exhausting
I learned how to balance more than trays. The hardest part of waiting tables and tending the bar is the unexpected flow of traffic. There have been days that I've taken on more than is typically expected and I pulled through with the help of caring managers and a team-work focused staff. I have never heard employees say "that's not my job" because everyone jumps in, no matter the situation.
A Great Place To Work.
Line Cook/Prep, Dishwasher, Expo, Host (Current Employee), Warrensville Heights, OHDecember 30, 2014
My work days are fairly great. Some days are easy, very calm environment, slow pace and some days are hectic, very fast past, and loud but that's the life of working in the restaurant business. I love my co-workers and we have a good caring management team.
Overall i enjoyed my job with the exception of lack of management.
Salad Alley, Utility Worker, and Delivery Truck (Former Employee), Zanesville, OHDecember 29, 2014
I enjoyed my employment at the Olive Garden, however i disagreed with the management and culinary professionals. They lacked the competency in the time needed most from their employees.
5 stars !!!
Part-time Server (Former Employee), Salinas, CADecember 29, 2014
management is great, colleagues at work are helpful. its a fun work environment. downside is it offers limited career advancement. positions are mostly part-time.
Busy
Host/Busser (Former Employee), Dothan, ALDecember 29, 2014
Busy, Lively, it was a good place to work at the time.
Fun
Fast
Host
Hostess/Server (Former Employee), Citrus Heights, CADecember 28, 2014
Pros: discounts/ social
Cons: angry customers/ rush times
The work area was nice and family oriented and the managment was amazing and easy to work with.
I enjoyed working alone, and having to pay attention to detail.
HOSTESS/TO-GO SPECIALIST' - CERTIFIED TRAINER (Former Employee), Prattville, ALDecember 26, 2014
Togo orders can be a pretty faced paced job, I enjoyed the challenge of ensuring all customers had everything they needed in their bags before they left.
i loved the olive garden
hostess (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 24, 2014
working at the olive garden was great I loved the people I worked with and the people that visited the eatery
productive and fun workplace an is always busy
SERVER, TO GO SPECIALIST, HOST, FOOD RUNNER (Current Employee), 3140 Naglee Rd. Tracy CA, 95376December 24, 2014
Pros: meeting and developing guest relationships with great customer service
Cons: waiting or not being able to move up in the job, because you have perfected the job code you already have.
This job is fun and effective and has taught me a lot, I just need to find a more serious career. A typical day at work is a lot of customer or guest services. That are handled on the daily by me and the management team with care and much responsibility. We also handle large amounts of cash daily, and every shift we access the safe and we do our drop for the day and night. The best part about the job is the appreciation we get from our managers on a daily.
Great Place to Work
Hostess and server duties (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 23, 2014
Pros: discounted meals
I enjoyed working at Olive Garden and would recommend this job to anyone. A typical day at work includes meeting new people, exercising while running server duties, and working from 10:30 to 5 pm or earlier depending on the lunch shift. Dinner is from 4:30 to 10 or 11:30 on weekends.
I loved working here while putting myself through school.
Culinary Assistant (Former Employee), Mansfield TXDecember 22, 2014
I was challenged on a daily basis and would not take any of my work experience back. The environment was pleasant, fun, and faced paced. I had plenty of opportunity to move up.
Always a pleasure to work with a great team.
Server (Former Employee), Carson CADecember 21, 2014
Pros: we got 50 percent off employee meals and management always made sure to take care of us.
Cons: i would have to say that the clientele was at times very difficult to please.
Working at Olive Garden has taught me structure when it comes down to serving, It has shine me to be a better server, and to always put the guest first. I had the pleasure to work with an amazing management team, and with a fun and lovable crowd. Teamwork is what makes the dream work, their was a few times when work does get a bit stressful, but learning to be patient and making sure to always have a smile is what gets you through a tough shift, always keeping in mind that you have management to back you up. Working at olive garden has taught me that we always need to work together and share a mutual respect.
Typical day
Host/Bus (Former Employee), Coral Springs, FLDecember 20, 2014
Pros: uniform, understanding employer
When it came to working here right from the first interview I knew I was going to enjoy the time working there. The staff are kind and friendly in helping everything run smooth. A typical day would include hosting and bussing tables, I also helped servers run food to guests. Some difficult times were of curse during a rush where error isn't really favored in such a time crunched situation.
Fun environment
Busser/Server Assistant (Former Employee), Monroe, NCDecember 19, 2014
A typical day at work would be productive but always have a good environment.

My co-workers were all friendly.

The hardest part of the job was to keep up with the pace of work with a lot of people in the environment on a busy day
great place to eat not to manage
Service Manager (Former Employee), Sacramento, CADecember 18, 2014
Pros: free meals
Cons: no breaks, crazy hours
Great place to eat but not the best place to manage. I enjoyed working with the employees and the public I love the hustle and bustle of the restaurant industry however, that means 65 plus hours a week and put a lot of pressure on our family life.

About Olive Garden

Olive Garden is the leading restaurant in the Italian dining segment, with 469 restaurants, more than 56,000 employees and $1.6 – Read more