Olive Garden

Olive Garden Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Energetic
Server/To-go Specialist (Current Employee), Grove City, OHJuly 17, 2014
Very fast paced. You get to meet all kinds of new individuals.
Open Amosphere with great employees
Server (Former Employee), GAJuly 15, 2014
Pros: great discount
Cons: n/a
Management was awesome went above and beyond measures for customers.My co-workers work together and they were great team players.
Busy but fun environment
Host (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 15, 2014
At Olive Garden it's usually very busy but I enjoy the environment and the people at work. I learned how to multitask more since its always so busy and we have to make sure to take care of our guest and our phone calls. Most of my co-workers are awesome a few aren't but definitely do not mind them. There's nothing extremely difficult at Olive Garden, – more... maybe just when we get on a long wait; we have to make sure we're on top of things more. The most enjoyable thing about Olive Garden is that we're all like family. – less
Great corporate management and organization
Line Cook (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKJuly 14, 2014
Pros: great people and opportunities
Cons: i spent more time at work than outside of work
I loved to room for advancement. There was always room to grow.
Productive workplace with high volume of customers
Food Server (Former Employee), Victorville, CAJuly 14, 2014
I was responsible for serving customers food and beverages and handling cash payment at the end of the meal. I learned how to have good customer service skills and be professional.
Moving on
Server (Current Employee), Colonial Heights, VAJuly 14, 2014
I have been there for 2 and a half years. I make great money their and very grateful to have a job. We have been through 19 managers in the time I have been there and the turn over rate is 140 within the last year, I do believe It is in my best interest to move on and better myself in a different position.
Structured
Server (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 14, 2014
Pros: the managers were fair
Cons: not many hours
Enjoyed working there all in all. Didn't work there very long, however it was a great part time job.
Fast paced and very productve
bartender/server (Former Employee), Southaven, MSJuly 14, 2014
Pros: the people and the environment
Cons: the cleaning
It was a fun and very fast paced. I loved the environment and the experience.
helping guest
SERVER MANAGER (Former Employee), Hanover, MDJuly 14, 2014
taking orders running food helping servers and checking out servers at the end of there shifts
Fast paced and great place to work
Hostess/ Customer Service (Former Employee), York, PAJuly 14, 2014
Pros: friendly environment, discounted meals for lunch or dinner break.
Cons: worked til 11pm sometimes and at the time had a 2 month old.
I would go in and help the servers and host. I would seat the guest and make sure that the servers knew that they were there to help. If the servers were busy then I would help them by getting the guests Drink order. My Co- workers were all very friendly and helpful. It was a team there and we all had each others backs to keep everyone happy. The hardest – more... part of the job would have been, having to estamate time to wait for those not yet seated. Everyone eats at different paces and some liked to sit and talk a while after. The best part was most of the job really. It was a great place to work and an enjoyable place to be. Like every job there were times that things weren't happy but they always turned around and was an ok and enjoyable day anyway. I try to never let bad attitudes get me down. – less
Multitasking
Food Server and Server Trainer (Former Employee), Kenner, LAJuly 13, 2014
Pros: health insurance
Cons: being called up all the time to put in extra overtime.
Making sure the front of the house was clean and ready for the doors to be open. The side stations had to be filled up with ice, glasses, rolled silverware, etc. My co-workers were fine. I very much enjoyed training the hired food servers. I learned much about the different wines and cocktails.
Fun workplace to work and great food
Dishwasher/Prep Cook (Former Employee), Tupelo, MSJuly 13, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: no health insrance
A typical day at work is getting wet and enjoying serveing people.
Every staff member was very professional about their positions
Hostess/Sat (Former Employee), Worcester, MAJuly 11, 2014
learned how to always maintain a professional attitude while working
Darden is a good company to work for
Server (Former Employee), 4749 Ashford Dunwoody RdJuly 11, 2014
Pros: darden benefits, plenty of them
Cons: bad location, menu prices were a bit too low, management too quick to comp meals for guests.
No complaints with the company, coworkers, nor the management, I left here due to the location and the low volume of customers consistently dining here. Also when it was busy, guests did not tip appropriately, often undertipping.
Fun people to work with and make some money. Awesome Guests.
Bartender / Server / ToGo Specialist (Former Employee), Slidell,LA. and Cary N.C.July 11, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: no healthcare, reduction in pay with no chance for raise.
The Slidell, LA. store I started out with was Wonderful. I was Taught a lot of Skills with Olive Garden Slidell,LA. Leadership, Food Preparations, Certified Trainer for Servers,Bartenders,and To-Go Specialists. The Store in Cary,N.C. was very different. The Only things that were Awesome,were My Guests and My Co-Workers/Friends!
Every day new Opportunities!
Server/Bartender (Current Employee), Mesa, AZJuly 10, 2014
Pros: guaranteed to encounter every walk of life.
Cons: seasonal locations really slump off-peak seasons.
You will meet and interact with people from various levels in life. Great place to escape the typical monotony of and every day 9-5.
Ends Justified the means
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Wichita, KSJuly 10, 2014
Pros: michael parentino
Professional solid core that cared about each other and the guest so that sales were top 5% in the nation. A well oiled machine that did all the right things ( follow the Receipts, Respect each other, Over the Top Service). I believe that Olive Garden core values are what keep them going up and setting new standards every quarter. They are the Yankees – more... of the restaurant industry. – less
Money was good but little room for advancement
Server, Busser, Trainer (Former Employee), Canton, OHJuly 10, 2014
Pros: great pay for the amount of hours
Cons: loss of healthcare, too much micromanagement, lack of accountability.
Was there for nearly eight years. Liked the company when I started there but Darden as a whole has changed significantly and not for the better. They cut too many corners on product quality while the prices kept going up. Loss of clientel, loss of business. I was very successful here however but just felt I had no where else to go.
Good Co-workers, out of touch management, garbage clientele (generally)
Server (Current Employee), Mesa, AZJuly 9, 2014
Pros: cash in hand, great fun co-workers
Cons: management, difficulties switching schedule
The company values their employees less and less as the years draw on. The corporation values the bottom dollar solely, which you might think is what all companies do, however, there was a time when they valued their employees and the morale was much higher, This higher morale lead to a better environment for the guests and co-workers alike.
fun people, company looks out for employees
Server (Former Employee), Eau Claire, WIJuly 9, 2014
The Olive Garden was a pleasure to work at. The people were wonderful and from all walks of life. The lunch shifts were very difficult to make money because of the amazing deals that were provided (such as soup/salad/bread sticks for $7.33). Darden companies take such good care of their employees. They provide optional insurance for full time employees, – more... also, they have a program called Darden Dimes that is there for employees in times of need (house catches fire, in need of therapy, financial issues mainly. – less

About Olive Garden

Olive Garden is the leading restaurant in the Italian dining segment, with 469 restaurants, more than 56,000 employees and $1.6 – Read more