Olive Garden
1,356 reviews

Olive Garden Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fast paced work enviroment
Restaurant Manager, Staffing & Training (Current Employee), Bethel Park,PAMarch 15, 2014
The Olive Garden is a faced paced restaurant, focused on the guest experience & delight. I have learned to take time with the guests to ensure that they are completely satisfied with their dining experience. I have had the pleasure to work with many wonderful people over the years I have worked with The Olive Garden, learning from each one of them.
Uhhhhh....
Host (Former Employee), Warner Robins, GAMarch 13, 2014
Pros: easy job to have while in college
Cons: super needy customers
You will meet alot of interesting people here.For the most part you will meet a lot of college kids trying to dogood for themselves and then you have the mothers looking for a parttime job to add to the families income and then you have the others. Interesting characters by far and they will make work interesting on top of having a diverse customer – more... base.For the most part customers are happy. – less
I worked in dish and utility
Utility (Former Employee), Altoona PaMarch 13, 2014
I washed dishes in high volume restaurant. Keeping up with the restaurant volume and floated to other areas as I was needed.
Cook
Appetizer Cook (Former Employee), Triadelphia, WVMarch 13, 2014
My typical day at work entailed making appetizers and some maintenance. I learned how to prepare food for a crowd. Management was not well prepared. My co-workers were a good team. The hardest part of the job was the pace. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning how to prepare and getting to taste new types of food.
Not for me
Service Professional / Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Secaucus, NJMarch 13, 2014
Cons: to time to yourself for lunch, expensive health care
Your managers don't really about you, all they care about is getting their bonus and guest complaints.
Fun people, good managers
Server (Current Employee), Duluth, MNMarch 12, 2014
Management was great, not a place good for advancement. Tips are good, and fellow employees are great.
Fast paced in a clutered enviorment
Server/Togo Specialist (Current Employee), Florence, SCMarch 12, 2014
Olive Garden is very diverse and cultured. Working with different types of people and serving many different types of guest. Learning how to cope to different people and make sure everyone is happy. the management is some what complicated everyone has a different way of doing things so you have to adjust to the manager of the day. The difficult part – more... of my job is accepting the meanness some people display. I love being able to make people happy and share good vibes with others. – less
great
culinary professional (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMMarch 12, 2014
grreat work place.great management and everyone works as a team
fun workplace when it comes to coworkers
server (Current Employee), columbus ohioMarch 11, 2014
Pros: meet new people
Cons: spotty shifts, pay out is horrible.
every workplace will have a bad apple, this company has a few. managers included. egos are really high, sometimes making it an uncomfortable work environment.
Great for second job.
Olive Garden Waitress (Current Employee), Hoover, ALMarch 11, 2014
Pros: food
Cons: schedule, managers
This job on a typical day is okay. I have learned a lot about fast pace and customer service. Magaement is not good they won't schedule the hours you can work. All they worry about is making sure they have a full floor. People quit left and right, they are here for two weeks then never come back.
Very by the book
Server (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMarch 10, 2014
Pros: enjoying co-workers
Cons: rules constantly changing
Taking orders from customers, making sure they were comfortable and had everything they needed to enjoy their meals. Also, learned how to accommodate other servers while taking care of my tables.
Great coworkers and management contributed to a profoundly positive experience.
BARTENDER (Former Employee), Chico, CAMarch 10, 2014
Pros: discounted food, great coworkers and management
Cons: uncertain hours and varying work days
Coming to work was a pleasure. The management at the Chico Olive Garden is superb. I maintain a positive rapport with each of my former managers.

I learned how to work hard in a high pressure environment and perform to exceed the expectations of my guests.

My coworkers are still some of my best friends to this day.

The hardest part of any restaurant – more... job is the customers; some people can forget that people in the service industry are, in fact, people.

However, the customers are also the absolute best part of the job. There is almost nothing more rewarding than making someone smile, and I got to do it every day, multiple times a day.

I loved my job at Olive Garden. It was a great two and a half years. – less
ok place to eat
Prep Cook (Former Employee), NYMarch 10, 2014
Pros: ok
Cons: ok
the food is ok and the restaurant is ok its no to bad if your hunger the food is eatabe.
great environment
Hostess (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 10, 2014
Busy day everyday. I learn a lot from the guest, co-workers, manangers. Sometimes it's a lot to handle but it's ok.I get to work with a lot of great people.
Great place to learn a lot of customer service skills and how to work together as a team with other servers.
Server (Former Employee), Bolingbrook, ILMarch 8, 2014
Pros: half off meals. great team members.
Cons: no breaks until shift was over.
Everyday I worked I would balance the needs of three tables at the same time and making the guests feel like family. I learned a lot of communication skills and service skills. Also a lot of patience with the guests and how to be humble with orders.Co workers were great with helping out with eachothers tables if we needed help and we all worked together – more... as a team. Hardest part of the job was learning the extensive wine list which came with some studying. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting and socializing with new people everyday. – less
Good people, well educated but flexibility of hours needs to be fixed
General Manager Ian Mcconville (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZMarch 8, 2014
Pros: free soup and salad
Cons: careless employees
Everyone there is very nice and management was better than average but when going to school full time while working for a company short staff, is very stressful. Time off requests are usually responded with request but they do not really care about the fact you are a student. some employees do their job well and help out others, while others couldnt – more... care less and are there for themselves and dont believe in helping others. Overall a good company to work for, makes decent money and area top 100 company to work for for a reason. – less
High volume work enviorment
Line Cook (Former Employee), Duluth, GAMarch 7, 2014
Pros: management would treat the line to smoothies on most busy nights
Cons: short breaks if any.
I ran appetizer and grill station. This was my first job on the line so I learned how to navigate my way through a busy kitchen while getting the job done. Management was changing a lot while I was working there.
olive garden
Host (Former Employee), Methuen, MAMarch 7, 2014
i believe i did learn alot from this job, i learn how to greet people in a form way each it was something really hard for me
olive garden hostess
Hostess (Former Employee), las vegas,nvMarch 7, 2014
greeted customers at the door an seated them accordingly to the seating rotation I also helped run food to tables on a busy night
Good money and fun enviornment
Server/Cashier (Current Employee), Superstition Mesa, AZMarch 6, 2014
Pros: free lunches, flexible schedules, down to earth managment
Cons: unorganized, understaffed
Things can get hectic, but overall it's a nice place to work.

About Olive Garden

Olive Garden is the leading restaurant in the Italian dining segment, with 469 restaurants, more than 56,000 employees and $1.6 – Read more