Olive Garden

Olive Garden Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Exciting Restaraunt
DMO operator (Current Employee), Canton, GAOctober 29, 2014
Pros: 50% off on anything
Cons: getting dirty.
My day consists of washing dishes for everyone in the house.

Management allows you to work in several areas to test your competency levels.

I enjoy the culture. For the most part everyone laughs and compete with each others.
very bubbly
Server (Former Employee), Onalaska, WIOctober 28, 2014
Pros: good tips
Cons: yelled at everyday for something that wasn't your fault
loved olive garden until "higher ups" started trying to change things for the worse
fun environment and fun working with guests
server (Current Employee), Allen, TXOctober 28, 2014
Pros: half off food, your pay check is getting cash every night.
Cons: being on your feet all day, getting bad tips or non.
A typical day at work can be hectic or boring. I love being around all the exotic and different people throughout my day. I learn how to multitask better. My co-workers are amazing but in the hectic days it can get pretty hostile. The hardest part of the job is when you make a mistake and owning up to that mistake to the guests. The most enjoyable part – more... of the day is when you get a really laid back and sweet table and they make your job easy. – less
Good place to work good benefits package
Busser/Server (Current Employee), North Olmsted, OHOctober 28, 2014
A good restaurant that really caters to the needs of the guests
A job to pay the bills while I seek career advancement
BARTENDER/SERVER (Current Employee), Corpus Christi, TXOctober 27, 2014
Pros: good wage for minimal hours
Cons: always on my feet and not treated properly by management
Working as a bartender I have gained many skills to become and better employee. I have learned the necessity of teamwork and multi-tasking while cooperatively learning how to deal with the public. A typical day consists of making drinks, taking care of guests, keeping a clean and neat bar, all while working cooperatively with over 30 other employees.
fun, easy, painless and friendly work place.
Server (Current Employee), Miamisburg, OhioOctober 27, 2014
I enjoy working with all my coworkers. Management will try and help if possible. Willing to give out extra hours. Willing to work with schedules and appointments. I have grown just from working day to day with some of the management and coworkers.
It was a very fun workplace and a lot of entergetic people
Waiter/Host (Former Employee), West Des Moines, IAOctober 26, 2014
Pros: half off all the food
Cons: very busy and not long breaks
A typical Day at work was I clocked on and went to my section I was assigned to, and waited for my first guest. I learned to work with pressure and fast paces skills.
very nice work enviornment.
Server (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLOctober 26, 2014
I enjoy customer service. everyday was new when dealing with people who want to eat. I loved the restaurant environment.
Awesome management team
Server (Current Employee), Hammond, LAOctober 25, 2014
Since I have been working at Olive Garden I have learned so many different types of communication skills from the management team and co-workers even at my worst days I learned how to be patient and understanding.
Miserable Management
Server (Former Employee), Gilbert, AZOctober 24, 2014
Pros: free soda
Cons: management, coworkers, work in a sweat shop as a slave, cooks spit in food
I worked at Olive Garden for 2 months and I couldn't last another day. To start the management is a joke here. They do not have your back. They want you to fail. They have there favorites and will send you home early and give all the tables to a select few of people. The managers watch your every move and the slightest mistake you make they fire you. – more... The pay is really bad for what you have to put up with. Mark Coleman and Kathy are the worst. Save yourself the trouble and trust me, go back to school. Get a degree. You do not want to work at the OG in Gilbert. The other coworkers are always in the worst mood, they are so rude, and so stressed out. You will always get in the way and they will chew you for it. – less
A great company to work for with great management.
Server (Current Employee), Vestal, NYOctober 24, 2014
Pros: customer service, fast paced.
Provide guests exceptional service while creating higher sales through communication, management is very good. I enjoy providing customer service while being able to also create revenue for the company.
Everyone was busy working.
Server (Former Employee), Greenville, SCOctober 24, 2014
Pros: great income.
Cons: a lot of hours.
I learned a lot about taking care of guest at Olive Garden. The restaurant was always very busy and the money was great. One of my favorite jobs, everyone I worked with was great. I worked a lot of hours sometimes 10 hours a day and I couldn't do that now.
Good for a high school student.
Line Cook (Former Employee), Leominster, MAOctober 23, 2014
Pros: good environment with most other employees
Cons: management
Olive Garden was an okay place to work. Management could have been better. But as any major retailer or big business they didn't really care. Therefore mad it difficult on most employees there.
overall good
Server (Former Employee), GreenvilleOctober 23, 2014
Pros: make your own schedule
Cons: way too crowded
My biggest complaint is the small size of the restaurant with respect to the amount of volume they do. The ratio of employees to guests is also high and it gets really crowded in there.

Sometimes during the lunch/dinner rush it is nearly impossible to get to your tables and takes longer than it should to get what you need to your guests. Dining area – more... is unreasonably over packed on a regular basis. – less
Productive and growing company with major opportunities
Line Cook/ Back Of House (Current Employee), N. Charleston, SCOctober 23, 2014
Pros: greta benefits and discounts
A typical day is fast paced and very energetic
It requires being quick on your feet
Able to remember details per guest experience per order
Management Team very approachable
Coachable and Trainable Environment
Mixed feelings.
HOSTESS (Current Employee), West Hills, CAOctober 23, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule. great discount on food. many chances at promotions.
Cons: always trying to cut hours.
I have a lot of mixed feelings about working with Olive Garden. Being a hostess at Olive Garden is not a hard job. It's easy and not as complicated as being a server at this restaurant. This position at Olive Garden is not suitable for someone who has many bills to take care of because the hours are never guaranteed. You're lucky to ever get a volume – more... shift (8 hours) or even over 5 hours.
As a host, you are in charge of seating guests and putting them on the wait when necessary. You provide wait times and at times you will be assists some servers when they get overwhelmed. You do not get tipped out as a host at Olive Garden, which is unfortunate especially if you spend some time helping out servers.
Management is completely different everywhere, but I have noticed managers play favoritism. But the managers are easy to talk to usually and will move you up eventually if they see you are a hardworker. – less
Fun workplace
Server (Former Employee), Rohnert Park, CAOctober 22, 2014
She was a very nice lady and I loved their family. I learned a lot about autism and caring for children.
Miserable place to work
Production Worker (Former Employee), Morgantown, WVOctober 21, 2014
This company has gone down hill fast and it's really sad to see since so many great people work here.
Cook/Prep (Current Employee), Columbia, SCOctober 21, 2014
This work place has the potential to be extraordinary if all the employees are able to get on the same page. I have seen strides of this in our restaurant and I see that we keep working at it we will succeeded.
Busy
Server (Former Employee), Lithonia, GAOctober 21, 2014
Built cultural diversity while serving Italian cuisine got hectic from time to time due to the pace of the restaurant but that's when i enjoyed it most

About Olive Garden

Olive Garden is the leading restaurant in the Italian dining segment, with 469 restaurants, more than 56,000 employees and $1.6 – Read more