Olive Garden
1,974 reviews

Olive Garden Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Awesome place to work!
Server/Server Trainer/Cashier (Current Employee), Fort Wayne, INJanuary 14, 2015
I miss being a server and my "family" there everyday! Awesome work environment!
Greatness in the making!
Server (Current Employee), okc, okJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: simple
Cons: this review thing
This company provides an amazing service to lazy people out there everywhere! Would definitely recommend it to other couch potatos :)!
Used to be good
Busser, Host, Waiter (Former Employee), North Haven, CTJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: the general manager is the best you will find
Cons: money is poor
The chain itself is really going down hill. This causes everything else to go with it. Overall the staff is great. The management team is even better.
a work place
pantry (Former Employee), Lynchburg, VAJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: fast paced
Cons: no lunch breaks
It's was a job. I prepped and made salads to orders. I enjoyed working with a lot of my co-workers. I have had much better management on other jobs.
Fun place to work but can be chaotic at times
Host/ Server (Current Employee), Bloomingdale, ILJanuary 13, 2015
Typical day would require coming into work and dealing directly with guests. I would try to make them as happy as possible, while selling as much extra items i could for the company.
Hard work with limited benefits
Host, To-Go Specialist, Kitchen (Current Employee), State College, PAJanuary 13, 2015
I needed a job to support my living but as a growing professional I realized the limitations of working at Olive Garden. As a kitchen employee I was subject to saving of labor, AKA, worked harder to save the restaurant more money. As a business I understand, but being used because I am a competent employee does not seem right. Co-workers are mostly uneducated so conversation can be brain numbing although there are always those people who can light up your day. The best part of the job is making food if you enjoy that type of thing, but it can get repetitive.
Great Job, Poor Company
Dining facility, Server/Waitress (Current Employee), Savannah, GAJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: great guest. management is zero tolerance fratenization.
Cons: a lot of work
great place to be. most of the staff has been friendly and policies for scheduling are very flexible. chain of command very poor and don't care much about lower level employees.
Good place to work while in college
Server, Bartender, To Go Specialist (Former Employee), Panama City, FLJanuary 12, 2015
Great with managing time while your in school. Management can be misguided and abusive of power. But overall great company to work for!
Everyday is different and you don't know what to expect.
Server (Former Employee), Leesburg, FLJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: eating for half off.
Cons: not getting breaks on the shorter shifts.
This job also entails multitasking as well as making sure the customer is always happy no matter the circumstances. I learned a lot with time management and always keeping your composure.
very fast pace environment fun place to work
SERVER (Current Employee), Dearborn, MIJanuary 12, 2015
giving great customer service is what I am best at. So every time I enter those olive garden doors that is what I am there to do. We have very minimal side work at the end of each shift so leaving every night is a breeze.
You are your own independent contractor at work
Waitress/Hostess (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 10, 2015
You need to be fast paced at times but overall a very steady job and salary is based on you and how well you do your job
Great company with benefits
Food Server, Certified Trainer, TOGO Specialist (Current Employee), Panama City, FLJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: a shift is never to extensive
Cons: you are continually working unless it is slow
A typical day is relating and meeting always changing needs of the guests. Everyday great customer service skills is pu to the test. Manager are constantly reiterating ways to meet sales goal and 100% effort to make guests happy. Coworkers are always up for the challenge of the always changing ideas and ways for guest satisfation.Hardest part is timing every guest and anticipating the needs of a lovely timely dinner.
Structured and organized restaurant group
General Manager (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: schedule flexibility
Cons: bonus structure
A place where hospitality comes alive. Great interaction with team and employees. Teaches you how to really make the experience about the guest. Hardest part of the job was not having a cohesive management team in place. Constantly training managers in new positions and then having them move on to other locations. Most enjoyable part of the job was the people I was surrounded by.
Lack of communication between management and workers
Line cook (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: weekly pay
Cons: management
Olive Garden is a great company. The one I worked at had bad ratings and it was the only one in Tallahassee at the time. Good hours, just a bad working environment.
Fun environment with positive vibes and great people
Hostess (Former Employee), Owings Mills, MDJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: weekly pay
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at Olive Garden would incorporate me coming in to the restaurant, setting up. and organizing the server schedule. As guests would come in I would seat them according to what best fit the floor plan and the amount of staff we had. I learned how to manage entire shifts by myself and be responsible for an entire floor.
A great place to work and you can meet a lot of people.
Server, Hostess (Former Employee), Livonia, MIJanuary 8, 2015
I would take tables food and drink orders, making sure everything is right. Bring it out to them, making sure its what they wanted and the way they wanted it. Bring drinks to the table. I will have up to three tables so while i have time from one table i would move around to my other tables, and do the same. And cashing all tablrs out when they are ready.
Fast pace restaurant with upbeat employees
Cashier/Host (Former Employee), Clarksville, TNJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: free meals
A typical night at work would be over before I knew. Olive Garden was such a fast pace job, but it was also a lot of fun. The employees and management knew that we were a team, so whenever the workload became too much, there was always someone around the help. From Olive Garden I learned more cashing skills than I had before. Management took their job serious but also treated their employees well.
Fun work environment
Server (Former Employee), Jackson, MSJanuary 8, 2015
Working for a little bit of nothing has to become something that you enjoy doing. I learned how to deal with different types of people and their attitudes. I enjoyed working with my coworkers, very friendly and fun environment. The hardest part of the job is the pay because you never know what to expect.
Great for supplemental money
Server (Current Employee), Thornton, COJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: fast cash
Cons: can't take your break until after your shift
It has great management, employees whine too much about guests, soup and salad is a bit much sometimes. Not enough guests in the summer months or at lunch time during the week as with every restaurant that is not fast food.
A typical day of work at Olive Garden
Culinary Professional - Kitchen Manager (Former Employee), Mechanicsburg, PAJanuary 7, 2015
There is no such thing as a typical day in the restaurant industry. Like anywhere, you have your ups and downs on any given day. My general responsibilities included

Enforce all safety, sanitation, and security standards; knowledgeable in HACCP
Aid in ordering, receiving, and distribution of all restaurant related products on a weekly basis
Conduct kitchen walk-throughs and resolve any issues to ensure all stations are set to standard
Expedited food on a nightly basis; answered any questions that arose pertaining to the restaurant
Supervise and support employees to perform with excellence throughout their shift by coaching, addressing questions, and handling difficult guest or employee situations.

About Olive Garden

Olive Garden is the leading restaurant in the Italian dining segment, with 469 restaurants, more than 56,000 employees and $1.6 – Read more