Olive Garden Employee Reviews

Productive workplace but needs help
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 April 2014
Once i enter the restaurant i make sure we have enough cutlery for the day, our menus are clean and ready, and that we have enough servers to start taking tables for the morning.
I learned that being in this type of work or anywhere, you have to know how to handle a rude customer and have great problem solving skills.
Management at the Olive Garden is terrible, you have that one manager that is on top of everything and others that slack on their job and treat selected few employees poorly.
Co-workers are amazing, great energy, great attitude and overall do their job as told with great communication skills. Its fun working with people there, you feel open to talk to them. They are mostly a younger crowd but they're awesome people.
The hardest part of the job is the fact we had so many amazing mangers quit the job and a lot of rules changed. Its so hard to keep up with the constant change, its unstable,confusing, and unorganized.
The most enjoyable part about the job is dealing with customers, you have good and bad customers sometimes but a friendly smile and nice families can brighten up anyone's day.
Pros
discounted meals and benefits after 6 months
Cons
short hours, terrible management, etc
Fun
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 April 2014
You work under alot of pressure but it makes you a better worker.
Pros
Cheap food
Cons
Not enough Hours
It's alright
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 February 2014
Looking for lots of hours, good pay but no social life or chance to explain yourself when you've 'done something wrong'? Work here
Pros
50% off food when working
Well earned Salary
Busser (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg MB27 January 2014
Bussing duty's consist of cleaning tables, assisting in dish pit if they needed, and making the restaurant clean when they close.
It is a good place to work you will get lots of hours the pay is great and you can mingle with the customers and have a conversation with them.
Management was all a mystery, Always a rumor going around about a manager being fired or quitting. I have seen a few managers come and go from the time I worked there, Other wise you will always meet co-workers that will and like to take time to get to chat and laugh and have a good time at work
Pros
Mingle with customers, Earned pay, Awesome staff
Cons
Managment
fun job.
Server (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 January 2014
Fun job, good people. We had a fun group, but eventually one by one, we all started leaving. At a place like this, it's all about who you work well with.
Pros
50% off food
Cons
unlimited inexpensive lunches.
Olive Garden
Server (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 January 2013
Shifts were average length. I learned a lot in product knowledge. Most of the managers were excellent (especially our General Manager at my time of employment) co-workers were great!
hardest part of the job were unrealistic guests. Most enjoyable part would be the industry itself and other serving staff.
False Employment Offers!
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Langley BC11 December 2012
This company constantly places Ads for Bartenders.
They will even setup an interview and then inform you that they don't hire Bartenders but only promote from the floor.
Then they offer a Servers job.
If you are a professional Bartender don't answer the phone.
Don't waste your time.
Pros
nothing
Cons
management
In need of better management
Server (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 October 2012
At the time I worked there it was a stressful and aggravating place to work. With a proper management team in place it would be a great place to work. A good server can make a lot of money here.
It was a very fun job with lots of opportunity and lots of hours.
Certified Culinary Trainer, Line Cook, Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg,MB27 April 2012
I honestly loved this job worked with some good people, made lots of friends and tons of money. There were good benefits and they helped you out as much as they could even when it had nothing to do with them I have nothing but love and respect for the people and the company.
Pros
fun people to work with, lots to learn
Cons
very busy, stressful, sometimes very long tiring hours.
Fun workplace
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 April 2012
The managment at this job was great. I never had issues with any of my managers. My co-workers were always great to have around they made my shifts fly by. Most enjoyable part of this job was interacting with the customers and seeing them leave satisfied after great service and food.