Olive Garden
1,693 reviews

Olive Garden Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
caotic
Culinary Assistant/Certified Trainer (Former Employee), Chapel Hills, VASeptember 7, 2014
It felt like there was no forecast for day. Learned that teamwork makes a restaurant more fun to work at. Management was affraid to make their hands dirty and under schedule regularly. co-workers needed to be kept on track nice people. it was difficult having too much to do with no time given. experience.
learning new skills, family oriented
Culinary Manager (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXSeptember 6, 2014
Pros: pay and benifits, family oriented
Cons: work/life balance
This is a very good restaurant to work for but work/life balance is not good. The way some managers are scheduled is not balanced and fair. Overall, training, learning new skills and the Olive Garden culture was awesome.
Productive and great place to work
Manager (Former Employee), Culver City, CASeptember 6, 2014
taking care of customers
hard work
lots of time
long days
n/a
Server & Host (Former Employee), Waldorf, MDSeptember 6, 2014
it was fun job, learned to deal with almost every type of guest that walked in, hands on training, co workers was nice and cool
Italian like home setting fun workplace, surrounded by ppl you love
Server (Former Employee), north riversideSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: 50 % off
Cons: no breaks, no discount on to go entrees
A typical day at work is fun, money, and knowledge. All at once, i loved this job. but they wasnt allowing me to make enough cash. Everyone loves my Spirit, alot of my guests tell me im Heaven Sent. i love dealing with people, it might sound weird. but i feel really good about satisfaction. i love taking care of people. my management team was awesome. – more... work becomes hard when everyone needs you at once, but it all works out in the end. – less
was a great experience
Cook/Server (Former Employee), Columbus, GASeptember 5, 2014
loved going to work everyday great atmosphere enjoyed all co-workers pleasing our guest was the focus and just getting job done in a timely manner
fun workplace
Waitress (Former Employee), Waldorf, MDSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: parties
Cons: no breaks sometimes
Great company to work for , Management loved employees and it was a face paced job.
Fun workplace with great people.
Server (Current Employee), Pooler, GASeptember 5, 2014
Pros: we get soup and salads for $1.
Cons: the hours i get.
A typical day at the Olive Garden is not very hectic. I usually stay busy with side work to do along with my tables. My coworkers all get along and there are hardly any conflicts between people. The hardest part of my job is when a guest is having a bad experience. I try my hardest to make up for mistakes that are made and make sure the guest have an – more... unforgettable experience. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I made someone happy or their day is better because of me. – less
Great company
Salad Prep, BOHS (Current Employee), Southern Pines, NCSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: great learning experience
Cons: no fixed work scheduling
Made some new friends, learned a lot of new things. Can't beat the camaraderie of all the associates and management.
Supervisor
SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), bala cynwd paSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: no breaks
A good place for a second job. Family atmosphere, available for wedding showers, baby showers,etc
Fun place with fun people
To-Go Specialist (Current Employee), Derby, KSSeptember 4, 2014
A typical day at work involves basic customer service, cleaning, taking orders and handling cash. I have learned how to be a leader and how to handle high stress situations. I love working with all of my co-workers, a lot of them have become close friends. The most enjoyable part of my job is all the different people I get to meet.
YOUR COWORKER MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE FAMILY.
Utility Technician (Current Employee), Columbus, OHSeptember 4, 2014
ITS A FUN PLACE TO WORK THE COWORKER ARE GREAT! MANAGEMENT IS FAIR EXSPECIALLY THE GM THE HARD PART ABOUT THE JOBS IS IT GET CRAZY WHEN IT GET BUSY. YOU GET HALF OFF ON FOOD!
Great place to work if you are single and looking for a career while in school
Food Server (Former Employee), Deptford, NJSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: half prices on meals, bosses were very approachable, treated equally always.
Cons: did not have breaks just basically had time to grab food but other that no cons.
I loved working there, I basically sat and waited on customers. This definitely requires a lot of customer service and patience but it also very fun. I love being busy and multi-tasking so this was perfect at that time in my life. Management was very friendly and personable and so were the coworkers. The hardest part was I I believe as any job, just – more... getting acclimated to your new surroundings and how things work in that type of place. Thank goodness I am a fast learner. The hardest part was definitely when people who were team members would slack off and did not care about their jobs leaving the people who did to do all of the work but that rarely happened. The most enjoyable part was working with people and putting a smile of peoples faces. – less
Very Corperate
Food Server (Former Employee), Pittsburg, CASeptember 3, 2014
Pros: discounted meals
Cons: no healthcare
Greeting Guest and processing food orders.
Worked well with all.
Hardest part was closing up.
I enjoyed serving repeat guests
fun work place
Culinary Assistant (Current Employee), Southaven, MSSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short breaks
There are great benefits, the food is amazing, half off food, get to try new food, managers are fun. Great staff and training was so much fun.
High energy
To-Go Specialist (Current Employee), Chesapeake, VASeptember 3, 2014
Restaurant life is stressful and you just have to be able to handle it
Fun in Times Square
Server/Bartender (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 3, 2014
Professional, but fun work environment. Very diverse staff.
VERY PRODUCTIVE
TO-GO SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Memphis, TNSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: advancement
Cons: no free meal
OLIVE GARDEN HAS ITS SPECIAL MOMENTS WHEN YOU GET TO SEE A COUPLE GET ENGAGED.
great place to work
Server (Former Employee), Fayetteville, GASeptember 2, 2014
Pros: 50% off dine-in meals
Cons: low-pay, your pay is tips basically
i loved working here each day was a great experience.......................................... ............................ ........... ......... ........ .......... .......... ........... ........... .......... .............. .....
Good Workplace
Dishwasher/Cook (Former Employee), Greenacres, FLSeptember 2, 2014
The type of work I did was good for me since my language background is not super strong.

About Olive Garden

Olive Garden is the leading restaurant in the Italian dining segment, with 469 restaurants, more than 56,000 employees and $1.6 – Read more