Olive Garden

Olive Garden Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great company
Line Cook (Former Employee), McAllen, TXDecember 16, 2014
Pros: able to work my 40 hours
Cons: not being able to work overtime
Set up line and prep and restock items throughout the shift. FTR Follow the recipe always. Prepare all food items in a timely manner. Clean as I go.Perform extra responsibilities as requested by the kitchen manager. Great teamwork! I enjoyed every moment working in that kitchen.
awesome place
Waiter (Current Employee), Enfield, CTDecember 16, 2014
This is a great place to learn, interact, and have fun while doing a noteworthy job. Each and every day at work here in enjoyable because of the people and the jobs at hand. I would recommend to friends, great place.
fun and different
Hostess (Former Employee), Hyattsville, MDDecember 15, 2014
 Seated patrons as they arrived according to designated work areas
 Monitored the restaurant to maintain maximum effectiveness
 “Cashed Out” serving staff at the end of their work shifts: entrusted to collect restaurant receipts
productive and fun place to work at
Server, Host, To-Go Specialist, Bartender (Former Employee), Bridgeton, MODecember 15, 2014
i would greet and seat customers, start the table off with some wine samples and take drink/ food orders, Bring out salad bread and appetizers, delivered food in a timely fashion, pre-bust and bust tables, and finally place tabs on at tables.
Productive workplace. Good leadership
Kitchen Crew (Former Employee), Inverness, FLDecember 15, 2014
On an opening day shift you would come in at 6am and start your cooking. By lunch time you would make sure to have all the prep done for the night shift. When you come in for dinner shift you shouldnt have to do much of any prep work if any very little. The most hardest part of this job was to make sure you never run out of any product. This job was – more... most enjoyable at all times there wasnt anyone who made it tough to work there. I always look at a positive thing in everything. – less
Productive and Fast paced
Host/Busser (Current Employee), Waterbury, CTDecember 15, 2014
Pros: family oriented
Cons: short breaks and conflicting management styles
Its a job not built for the faint of heart or any weak-minded people. Throughout the day you must deal with numerous people and whatever they bring with them. Somedays it could be a screaming baby while other days it could be a guest dissatisfied with the food. All in all you realize you must accommodate everyone no matter how ridiculous the request.
Love It
Certified Trainer To-Go Specialist/Server (Current Employee), Fremont, CADecember 13, 2014
Pros: the people i work with
Cons: pay
I have worked for the Olive Garden for a little over seven years. I love my co-workers and my managers.
somewhat fun place to work.
Server/Waiter (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 11, 2014
I worked hard and was unable to advance in my work. Dr. was very limited in what he would let me learn.
cool
utility (Former Employee), Greenville, NCDecember 11, 2014
Great place for college kids to work not for adults trying to make it for they family no hrs wit the same pay
high stress but fun workplace
Server/Waiter (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VADecember 11, 2014
Pros: freedom to joke around and be yourself.
Cons: cheap menu for lunch means low tips.
The day usually started off slow for lunch without much to do but prep for the upcoming lunch pop and dinner rush. By about 12pm each server would generally have about 3-4 tables. I was always allowed a break if i wanted one between my split shifts. summer dinner shifts were pretty slow but in the winter it was not unusual to be on a two hour wait until – more... closing time. – less
Great Environment
Guest server (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIDecember 10, 2014
Pros: the entire experience
Cons: mandatory holidays
I enjoyed my time with the Olive Garden. The staff is great and there was a real sense of family amongst everyone.
Production
Production Worker/Assembler (Current Employee), Rock Hill, SCDecember 10, 2014
In this position, you get everything ready for the line cooks to make it through the day.
productive
Line Cook (Current Employee), Bakersfield, CADecember 10, 2014
learned how to cook better, nice and friendly employees, fun place to work in.
great place to work
server (Current Employee), Johnson City, TNDecember 9, 2014
I enjoy what i do and it is a great company to work for. Teamwork is a large part of what I do. The management is on point. overall a great place to work
Very Productive orginazation
Dish Machine Operator (Former Employee), columbia sc11December 9, 2014
Pros: cowokers
Cons: pay
typical day at work includes..stocking,bussing,washing dishes,making salads,making bread and enjoying staff and management. coworkers are easy to get along with and very hard workers.
Interesting at times
Server (Former Employee), Williamsport, PADecember 9, 2014
Pros: good prices for employees, clean
Cons: chaos at times
This was certainly an experience, it had some rough days where we seemed short staffed and just unorganized, the management is great, co-workers as always hit and miss
Fun Workplace
Host (Current Employee), Spartanburg, SCDecember 9, 2014
This workplace fosters fun and creativity, while maintaining a high degree of professionalism from the management team. Overall it is an enjoyable place to work.
Great place to work, growth opportunities are here.
Server (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSDecember 9, 2014
This place was a lot of fun. Everyone from management on down were great people, it truly felt like a family. If you are looking into becoming a restaurant manager or owner this is a great place to start if you aren't in school.
Wonderful people
waitress (Former Employee), Mattoon, ILDecember 9, 2014
Pros: free soup and salad
Cons: na
I liked working here because getting tip money showed you how good you were dong without them actually telling you! The work wasn't so hard once you got used to it and the people you met made your work day even better. Plus, the managers and workers were amazing people to work with.
Great work enviroment
Server (Current Employee), Salem, ORDecember 9, 2014
Managers are very accommodating to schedule. So many co-workers make it easy to trade shifts.

About Olive Garden

Olive Garden is the leading restaurant in the Italian dining segment, with 469 restaurants, more than 56,000 employees and $1.6 – Read more