Olive Garden
1,657 reviews

Olive Garden Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive workplace but needs help
Hostess (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 22, 2014
Pros: discounted meals and benefits after 6 months
Cons: short hours, terrible management, etc
Once i enter the restaurant i make sure we have enough cutlery for the day, our menus are clean and ready, and that we have enough servers to start taking tables for the morning.
I learned that being in this type of work or anywhere, you have to know how to handle a rude customer and have great problem solving skills.
Management at the Olive Garden – more... is terrible, you have that one manager that is on top of everything and others that slack on their job and treat selected few employees poorly.
Co-workers are amazing, great energy, great attitude and overall do their job as told with great communication skills. Its fun working with people there, you feel open to talk to them. They are mostly a younger crowd but they're awesome people.
The hardest part of the job is the fact we had so many amazing mangers quit the job and a lot of rules changed. Its so hard to keep up with the constant change, its unstable,confusing, and unorganized.
The most enjoyable part about the job is dealing with customers, you have good and bad customers sometimes but a friendly smile and nice families can brighten up anyone's day. – less
Fun
Line Cook (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 13, 2014
Pros: cheap food
Cons: not enough hours
You work under alot of pressure but it makes you a better worker.
It's alright
Hostess (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: 50% off food when working
Cons: long hours
Looking for lots of hours, good pay but no social life or chance to explain yourself when you've 'done something wrong'? Work here
Well earned Salary
Busser (Former Employee), Winnipeg MBJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: mingle with customers, earned pay, awesome staff
Cons: managment
Bussing duty's consist of cleaning tables, assisting in dish pit if they needed, and making the restaurant clean when they close.
It is a good place to work you will get lots of hours the pay is great and you can mingle with the customers and have a conversation with them.
Management was all a mystery, Always a rumor going around about a manager being – more... fired or quitting. I have seen a few managers come and go from the time I worked there, Other wise you will always meet co-workers that will and like to take time to get to chat and laugh and have a good time at work – less
fun job.
Server (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: 50% off food
Cons: unlimited inexpensive lunches.
Fun job, good people. We had a fun group, but eventually one by one, we all started leaving. At a place like this, it's all about who you work well with.
Olive Garden
Server (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJanuary 13, 2013
Shifts were average length. I learned a lot in product knowledge. Most of the managers were excellent (especially our General Manager at my time of employment) co-workers were great!
hardest part of the job were unrealistic guests. Most enjoyable part would be the industry itself and other serving staff.
False Employment Offers!
Bartender (Former Employee), Langley BCDecember 11, 2012
Pros: nothing
Cons: management
This company constantly places Ads for Bartenders.
They will even setup an interview and then inform you that they don't hire Bartenders but only promote from the floor.
Then they offer a Servers job.
If you are a professional Bartender don't answer the phone.
Don't waste your time.
In need of better management
Server (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBOctober 17, 2012
At the time I worked there it was a stressful and aggravating place to work. With a proper management team in place it would be a great place to work. A good server can make a lot of money here.
It was a very fun job with lots of opportunity and lots of hours.
Certified Culinary Trainer, Line Cook, Prep Cook (Former Employee), Winnipeg,MBApril 27, 2012
Pros: fun people to work with, lots to learn
Cons: very busy, stressful, sometimes very long tiring hours.
I honestly loved this job worked with some good people, made lots of friends and tons of money. There were good benefits and they helped you out as much as they could even when it had nothing to do with them I have nothing but love and respect for the people and the company.
Fun workplace
Hostess (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 19, 2012
The managment at this job was great. I never had issues with any of my managers. My co-workers were always great to have around they made my shifts fly by. Most enjoyable part of this job was interacting with the customers and seeing them leave satisfied after great service and food.
Company went from a fun place to work to just a job in less than 2 years
General Manager (Former Employee), Houston,TxAugust 31, 2014
Pros: great work/life balance
Cons: stress of not knowing what was next
Opening manager works from 8am until 5pm, mid manager from 10am -8pm and closers 3pm-12am.
out going work environment with great co workers and many fun personalities to work with.
Server (Former Employee), Ontario, CAAugust 30, 2014
Pros: enjoying free breadsticks through out the shift and having a secure position with fun management
Cons: breaks were a little too short
serving was a great job. It was a good feeling to go home with cash in your pocket at the end of every shift. i really enjoyed working with my co workers. they were all fun and around the same age as I. the hardest part of my job was working on extremely slow days and not having more than two tables with very little cash to go home with that day.
Fast past fun working environment
Line Cook (Current Employee), Warner Robins, GAAugust 29, 2014
I bounce around a lot when i'm at work. I tend to work more then one station. when everyone communicates everything goes smoothly.
Best first job
Server, Certified Trainer (Former Employee), Whittier, CAAugust 28, 2014
This was such a great first job! Friendly and professional atmosphere. The general manager was excellent! Opportunities to grow in the company and a real feel of what teamwork should be!
Productive, fun workplace.
Server (Former Employee), Cheyenne, WYAugust 28, 2014
Pros: discounts on food
Cons: bad attitudes of some servers
Olive Garden was a great experience, the atmosphere could be difficult at time but employees always seemed to complete the task. The general manager was a very kind, understanding guy.
Very diverse work environment
Busser/Dishwasher (Current Employee), North Olmsted, OHAugust 28, 2014
It can get very busy at the oilve garden. I have learned in the food industry, the guest is the number one priority. One bad review and lead to thousands. I love the management team here. They all work together to assist us employees with providing our guest with a wonderful dinning experience. I have came to understand there is no hard part of the – more... job, everything that goes on while i'm clocked in, is all part of the job. I love the fact that i have a impact on hundreds of people day each day i go to work.-Lloyd Booker – less
Fun work environment onoccasion
Server (Former Employee), Blue Springs, MOAugust 28, 2014
Pros: great discount, friendly coworkers
Cons: hugely varied management, terrible money
I loved my coworkers. Mostly. Like any workplace, there are those you can't stand, but I liked it here for the most part.

My biggest complaint was that I had a hard time getting anything done because I was busy either getting yelled at (yes, yelled) by one of the managers, ignored by another, or being commanded by the one that yelled to run hot food – more... when my tables all needed things. I had a lot of potential for great tips, but because they constantly forced me to run other peoples' food, I had to ignore my own guests.

I also really hated how they pushed the 'family' feeling on me in training, but any time I needed help, people would scatter unless they were the good friends I had made there.

Also, for a company that gives dishwashers $10/hour, they sure don't want their servers making any money. – less
I love working as a team
Dish Machine Operator (Former Employee), Valdosta, GaAugust 28, 2014
A typical day of work for me is filled with smiles, and getting things accomplished. What I mean by smiles is, in some cases getting to know the customer of consumer. Making small talk with them therefore making us both feel more comfortable and assuring that he/she leaves my workplace happy. Another example would be having a good time as I work. Whether – more... it be coming up with ways to make work easier or more fun, and/or getting to know my co-workers. The most enjoyable part of a job to me is getting to know both the people that I'm working with as well as the people that I'm working for. i.e. the customer/consumer. – less
Fast pace and fun job
Server (Former Employee), Brighton, MIAugust 27, 2014
Pros: discounted meals
Cons: no benefits
I learned how to handle customer complaints and needs. I became significantly more aware of others cultures. My co-workers were a range of experienced to beginner which can cause chaos but as a team we worked well.
very fun work enviroment
Server (Former Employee), Memphis, TNAugust 27, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: short breaks
You get to meet new people. Everyone is like family there. Have fun with your co-workers, learn new things everyday also get to taste all the food.

1 2 3 4 5

About Olive Garden

Olive Garden is the leading restaurant in the Italian dining segment, with 469 restaurants, more than 56,000 employees and $1.6 – Read more