Olive Garden

2.8K reviews

Olive Garden Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and fun environment.
Server/Waitress (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 6, 2015
Pros: half price meal for a ft shift, discounted food the rest of the time.
Cons: split shifts, work 3 hours than break 3 hours, then come back for the rest of the day till close.
.Great place to work, great food, great managers, down to earth and friendly people, employees and management. Half price meals when working a fulltime shift, discounted food the rest of the time.Weekly cheques are a refreshing change frome bi-weekley in the service industry, tips are consistantley good.
Olive graden
Host (Former Employee), Edmonton westDecember 1, 2015
I worked at olive garden for a year and half. I love the people that worked there and they loved me. The reason why i had to leave because i had to go to school in Calgary. It was bitter sweet but school was important. Now in coming home for 3 weeks and i am looking for a job to help pay for my schooling. I as will to work full time even 6 to 7 days a week
Production cook
Production Cook (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 28, 2015
Pros: Decent pay
Cons: long hours and no help
The production area of the Olive Garden is a mad house. There were usually 3 of us and there was way too much work for the people there. Some days you had to stay 10 or more hours to get your lists done.

Management didn't give you the help you needed on the weekends so my last shift there was 14 hours, that was when I decided that this job was way too much for me.
Great co-workers
Hostess and Server (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 4, 2015
Pros: Discount on food
Cons: Wages
The employees are like family, The managers were nice but it is not a job to keep for ever if you want to grow professionally.
Fast Paced
Host/Busser (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 26, 2015
Pros: Great People, Very good vibes
Cons: Negative attitudes some days
Everybody was really friendly and such. It was honestly a great place to work. The food there was amazing as well so being apart of that atmosphere was so fun!
Average Place
SERVER (Current Employee), edmonton abOctober 2, 2015
great people. managerment acts like they own you. not a good work/personal life balance. as a server better place to make good money as the guest check average is pretty high
It's a decent job overall, if you dont mind working variations of times
host and togo (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MB CanadaSeptember 14, 2015
Pros: discounted meals on and off work, benefits after working for 6 months 20hrs and up
Cons: Management changes alot so you have to get use to different rules all the time, not alot of room for mistakes in certain positions
It's a decent job overall, if you dont mind working variations of times.
I've stayed in this job for over 5 years, and you have your slackers and people who work harder, so come prepared not to expect much and you dont get to disappointed when they promise you something and don't get it. good job for school for the most part they try to accommdate to your school schedule. But that's also the down side when there are to many students some will have to work even harder and don't get a break.
Great people, fun and very organized workplace
Server (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 28, 2015
Servers have small three table sections, however with all of the refills this was enough. Very high volume restaurant, usually a wait so your section was always full. I learned a lot about multitasking as my tables would always need refills at the same time. I also learned a lot about wine and how to present and sample it.
Supportive management
DMO (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBApril 8, 2015
All the days are busy
how to work in a team and alone when no one else is around
Supportive and Reliable management
respectful
Great People to work with
To-go (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBMarch 9, 2015
Pros: great tips
Cons: very different from one week to the next
Come in to smile's and sleepy eyes. opening the store and making sure everything clean and ready and fully stocked. Gets busy and help as much people as I could so they wouldn't break down and keep smiles on. Customers are sometimes hard but every job is like that. The management always knew what to say and what to do when things went wrong or sideways. They looked like it was a mess but once you were use to everything you saw the system and how it works very smoothly
Amazing work entourage with great management and co-workers
Busser (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 2, 2014
Pros: th chemistry at work
Cons: long hours with a short break
Olive Garden taught me manners and how to work fast and get the job done properly. The management made sure everyone was always on task. I'd say I had the best co-workers because they are always willing to help and teach the ones with lower knowledge. Olive Garden was never a hard job, it only gets tough when it comes to weekends or special events but I honestly loved working there because they make you feel like you are a part of a family and that makes the job more fun and enjoyable.
Physically Demanding With Horrible Pay
Server (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 9, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: long hours, low pay, bad management
The only thing good about working here were the people. There is no room for advancement and the pay isn't worth staying. They over work you (10+ hours a day) and don't give breaks.
Productive workplace but needs help
Hostess (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 22, 2014
Pros: discounted meals and benefits after 6 months
Cons: short hours, terrible management, etc
Once i enter the restaurant i make sure we have enough cutlery for the day, our menus are clean and ready, and that we have enough servers to start taking tables for the morning.
I learned that being in this type of work or anywhere, you have to know how to handle a rude customer and have great problem solving skills.
Management at the Olive Garden is terrible, you have that one manager that is on top of everything and others that slack on their job and treat selected few employees poorly.
Co-workers are amazing, great energy, great attitude and overall do their job as told with great communication skills. Its fun working with people there, you feel open to talk to them. They are mostly a younger crowd but they're awesome people.
The hardest part of the job is the fact we had so many amazing mangers quit the job and a lot of rules changed. Its so hard to keep up with the constant change, its unstable,confusing, and unorganized.
The most enjoyable part about the job is dealing with customers, you have good and bad customers sometimes but a friendly smile and nice families can brighten up anyone's day.
Fun
Line Cook (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 13, 2014
Pros: cheap food
Cons: not enough hours
You work under alot of pressure but it makes you a better worker.
It's alright
Hostess (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: 50% off food when working
Cons: long hours
Looking for lots of hours, good pay but no social life or chance to explain yourself when you've 'done something wrong'? Work here
Well earned Salary
Busser (Former Employee), Winnipeg MBJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: mingle with customers, earned pay, awesome staff
Cons: managment
Bussing duty's consist of cleaning tables, assisting in dish pit if they needed, and making the restaurant clean when they close.
It is a good place to work you will get lots of hours the pay is great and you can mingle with the customers and have a conversation with them.
Management was all a mystery, Always a rumor going around about a manager being fired or quitting. I have seen a few managers come and go from the time I worked there, Other wise you will always meet co-workers that will and like to take time to get to chat and laugh and have a good time at work
fun job.
Server (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: 50% off food
Cons: unlimited inexpensive lunches.
Fun job, good people. We had a fun group, but eventually one by one, we all started leaving. At a place like this, it's all about who you work well with.
Olive Garden
Server (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJanuary 13, 2013
Shifts were average length. I learned a lot in product knowledge. Most of the managers were excellent (especially our General Manager at my time of employment) co-workers were great!
hardest part of the job were unrealistic guests. Most enjoyable part would be the industry itself and other serving staff.
False Employment Offers!
Bartender (Former Employee), Langley BCDecember 11, 2012
Pros: nothing
Cons: management
This company constantly places Ads for Bartenders.
They will even setup an interview and then inform you that they don't hire Bartenders but only promote from the floor.
Then they offer a Servers job.
If you are a professional Bartender don't answer the phone.
Don't waste your time.
In need of better management
Server (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBOctober 17, 2012
At the time I worked there it was a stressful and aggravating place to work. With a proper management team in place it would be a great place to work. A good server can make a lot of money here.