Olive Garden Employee Reviews

Okay place
TO GO Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 February 2017
The management team isn't the greatest. One manager said another thing, another said another thing. At first I enjoyed it, but employees would take advantage and the management team didn't care nor attempt to do anything about it.
Pros
$1.05 soup
Cons
Long hours, barely days off
Good environment
Server Trainer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB9 February 2017
This was a great place to work to have a later start time and get my kids to school. The staff was great and friendly. The regular customers always brightened my day. Every shift was different so the job kept you on your toes!
Its a good place and busy
Hostess, Server, To-Go Specialist (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 February 2017
Very busy place and fun place to work. People are amazing and you fall in love with them. I learned a lot people skills and more friendly and open. Helped me to not be so shy.
Excellent place to work at
Host (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC27 January 2017
-excellent growing opportunities
-every day at work was fun
-managers were ready to guide you and provide you with all the help you need
-nice team members
Not flexible on hours have to be committed 24/7
worker (Current Employee) –  Regent Winnipg MB9 January 2017
If you have a life out side of work, do not apply at Olive Garden. They want you to be available for them at all times even if you only get 15 hours a week. Do not book any time off, not flexible for employees at all. Management expects you to revolve your life around OG.
It is a busy restaurant, most of workers are great, management are not good at all.
The job is relatively easy but have to be able to handle busy times.
Pros
Discount on food
Cons
Management and not flexible with hours
Good, family friendly environment
Hostess/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 November 2016
I loved the hours. Getting to wake up at 8am, having a good breakfast, a nice jog to the station, and still making it to work on time at 11. Frequently id work until 4pm, and those were my favorite shifts. I learned plenty from cutlery, to greeting guests. Management was ran by 5 managers, 2 of them I actually enjoyed being around.. they were friendly. co workers were nice. hardest part was having to stay longer because my coworkers didn't do their jobs so then I would have to fill in because I don't like when things aren't done.
Horrible management
Dish Machine Opporator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 October 2016
Constant work and fast paced while your managers yell at you and violate your rights under labor standards. Then should you bring it up they flat out laugh to your face and then give you faulty contact info for there human resources.
Pros
Cons
Treated less then human
Very Busy Environment
Culinary Manager & LBO/Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 September 2016
No stability, or consistency with management, extremely high turnover.
Managers rarely on the same page,
allot of verbal abuse and screaming happens here, and apparently is acceptable by head office, your GM your managers your Director.
Pros
Management eats free
Cons
Everything else
Fast paced place to work with great management
Server (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 September 2016
Very fast paced place to work with professional management and excellent training. Team driven and family orientated environment with great staff discounts.
Pros
Great discounts on food
Cons
Sometimes barely any hours
Average Place
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 June 2016
Always scheduled me to work weekend nights when they hired me to work morning shifts. Working was okay. People were decently nice but servers nagged the hosts for tables. On the other hand, I did really enjoy that I was always busy so time went by quicker.
Pros
Discounted meals, and next to free lunches during shift.
Cons
Not flexible and management changed a lot in the few months I was there, so it felt like I was always adjusting to new rules.
There is Job security but very hard to receive advancement in work .
Server (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC16 April 2016
Manager did their best to provide job security, constantly giving us feedback and things to work on but it became very repetitive. That to me meant that the way they tried to keep us motivated and improve wasn't working. Something kept some of the employees from being happy and productive. There are some positives though: there is a reward system where if an employees does well they get a chocolate bar or candy from a little treasure box in the office. The other is that you can ask for help and there will always be someone there to help.
The best company I have ever worked with
Restaurant Manager/Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB and California US19 March 2016
Company operating principle:
Treat people with respect and dignity
Listen to the opinions of the people who are closest to the action.
Take pride in what you are doing.
Within two years of joining the company I became the Kitchen Manager and then within six month my Kitchen was certified store kitchen for training in my region. I worked with them in Edmonton and then in California
Pros
You can make an impact on stores profitability and your bonus
Cons
You have to prove yourselves
Server/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Industry, CA25 February 2016
Always learning something new everyday. Always having guests who have never been showing them how great the food is. Having co workers that are like family makes it awesome to work there.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short hours
Good entry level job
Assembler/ Leader of Line (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC10 December 2015
Great for basic kitchen experience. Staff very friendly and there's always something to learn. Fast paced and very busy, good for those who are self motivated.
Productive and fun environment.
Server/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 December 2015
.Great place to work, great food, great managers, down to earth and friendly people, employees and management. Half price meals when working a fulltime shift, discounted food the rest of the time.Weekly cheques are a refreshing change frome bi-weekley in the service industry, tips are consistantley good.
Pros
half price meal for a ft shift, discounted food the rest of the time.
Cons
split shifts, work 3 hours than break 3 hours, then come back for the rest of the day till close.
Olive graden
Host (Former Employee) –  Edmonton west1 December 2015
I worked at olive garden for a year and half. I love the people that worked there and they loved me. The reason why i had to leave because i had to go to school in Calgary. It was bitter sweet but school was important. Now in coming home for 3 weeks and i am looking for a job to help pay for my schooling. I as will to work full time even 6 to 7 days a week
Production cook
Production Cook (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 November 2015
The production area of the Olive Garden is a mad house. There were usually 3 of us and there was way too much work for the people there. Some days you had to stay 10 or more hours to get your lists done.

Management didn't give you the help you needed on the weekends so my last shift there was 14 hours, that was when I decided that this job was way too much for me.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
long hours and no help
Great co-workers
Hostess and Server (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 November 2015
The employees are like family, The managers were nice but it is not a job to keep for ever if you want to grow professionally.
Pros
Discount on food
Cons
Wages
Fast Paced
Host/Busser (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 October 2015
Everybody was really friendly and such. It was honestly a great place to work. The food there was amazing as well so being apart of that atmosphere was so fun!
Pros
Great People, Very good vibes
Cons
Negative attitudes some days
Average Place
SERVER (Current Employee) –  edmonton ab2 October 2015
great people. managerment acts like they own you. not a good work/personal life balance. as a server better place to make good money as the guest check average is pretty high

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Olive Garden. Our community is ready to answer.

Olive Garden Reviews by Location