Olive Garden
1,969 reviews

Olive Garden Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Amazing work entourage with great management and co-workers
Busser (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 2, 2014
Pros: th chemistry at work
Cons: long hours with a short break
Olive Garden taught me manners and how to work fast and get the job done properly. The management made sure everyone was always on task. I'd say I had the best co-workers because they are always willing to help and teach the ones with lower knowledge. Olive Garden was never a hard job, it only gets tough when it comes to weekends or special events but I honestly loved working there because they make you feel like you are a part of a family and that makes the job more fun and enjoyable.
Physically Demanding With Horrible Pay
Server (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 9, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: long hours, low pay, bad management
The only thing good about working here were the people. There is no room for advancement and the pay isn't worth staying. They over work you (10+ hours a day) and don't give breaks.
Productive workplace but needs help
Hostess (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 22, 2014
Pros: discounted meals and benefits after 6 months
Cons: short hours, terrible management, etc
Once i enter the restaurant i make sure we have enough cutlery for the day, our menus are clean and ready, and that we have enough servers to start taking tables for the morning.
I learned that being in this type of work or anywhere, you have to know how to handle a rude customer and have great problem solving skills.
Management at the Olive Garden is terrible, you have that one manager that is on top of everything and others that slack on their job and treat selected few employees poorly.
Co-workers are amazing, great energy, great attitude and overall do their job as told with great communication skills. Its fun working with people there, you feel open to talk to them. They are mostly a younger crowd but they're awesome people.
The hardest part of the job is the fact we had so many amazing mangers quit the job and a lot of rules changed. Its so hard to keep up with the constant change, its unstable,confusing, and unorganized.
The most enjoyable part about the job is dealing with customers, you have good and bad customers sometimes but a friendly smile and nice families can brighten up anyone's day.
Fun
Line Cook (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 13, 2014
Pros: cheap food
Cons: not enough hours
You work under alot of pressure but it makes you a better worker.
It's alright
Hostess (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: 50% off food when working
Cons: long hours
Looking for lots of hours, good pay but no social life or chance to explain yourself when you've 'done something wrong'? Work here
Well earned Salary
Busser (Former Employee), Winnipeg MBJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: mingle with customers, earned pay, awesome staff
Cons: managment
Bussing duty's consist of cleaning tables, assisting in dish pit if they needed, and making the restaurant clean when they close.
It is a good place to work you will get lots of hours the pay is great and you can mingle with the customers and have a conversation with them.
Management was all a mystery, Always a rumor going around about a manager being fired or quitting. I have seen a few managers come and go from the time I worked there, Other wise you will always meet co-workers that will and like to take time to get to chat and laugh and have a good time at work
fun job.
Server (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: 50% off food
Cons: unlimited inexpensive lunches.
Fun job, good people. We had a fun group, but eventually one by one, we all started leaving. At a place like this, it's all about who you work well with.
Olive Garden
Server (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJanuary 13, 2013
Shifts were average length. I learned a lot in product knowledge. Most of the managers were excellent (especially our General Manager at my time of employment) co-workers were great!
hardest part of the job were unrealistic guests. Most enjoyable part would be the industry itself and other serving staff.
False Employment Offers!
Bartender (Former Employee), Langley BCDecember 11, 2012
Pros: nothing
Cons: management
This company constantly places Ads for Bartenders.
They will even setup an interview and then inform you that they don't hire Bartenders but only promote from the floor.
Then they offer a Servers job.
If you are a professional Bartender don't answer the phone.
Don't waste your time.
In need of better management
Server (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBOctober 17, 2012
At the time I worked there it was a stressful and aggravating place to work. With a proper management team in place it would be a great place to work. A good server can make a lot of money here.
It was a very fun job with lots of opportunity and lots of hours.
Certified Culinary Trainer, Line Cook, Prep Cook (Former Employee), Winnipeg,MBApril 27, 2012
Pros: fun people to work with, lots to learn
Cons: very busy, stressful, sometimes very long tiring hours.
I honestly loved this job worked with some good people, made lots of friends and tons of money. There were good benefits and they helped you out as much as they could even when it had nothing to do with them I have nothing but love and respect for the people and the company.
Fun workplace
Hostess (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 19, 2012
The managment at this job was great. I never had issues with any of my managers. My co-workers were always great to have around they made my shifts fly by. Most enjoyable part of this job was interacting with the customers and seeing them leave satisfied after great service and food.
Very well liked my management and guest
Hostess (Former Employee), Barboursville, WVJanuary 26, 2015
Liked my job very well, truly enjoyed greeting the guest and setting them at their table .Mangement found out how many people I knew around that Tri-state area that they had me go around to the tables to find out how the guest was enjoying their meal.
Great working environment
Server/Waitress (Former Employee), Brunswick, GAJanuary 25, 2015
A typical work day at Olive Garden, is usually laid back for the first hour. When lunch comes, we get slammed, but everyone works together and help each other out. Management was great, they all stayed on us so we can improve in areas we needed improvement in. Co-workers were awesome, we all treated one another like family. The hardest part of the job was getting everyone's food out on time during lunch while waiting on 5 tables at the most. The most enjoyable part was working together with the co-workers I was with and being able to laugh and have fun while working.
OG is like Family
Server (Current Employee), Wausau, WIJanuary 25, 2015
Working at Olive Garden is great, there is a very positive work atmosphere and great food. Serving at the OG is a little different than other places I have worked, but in a good way. Everyone that works there is willing to help you with what you need and make you feel like a part of the team.
Worked there as a server.
Waiter (Former Employee), White Marsh, MDJanuary 25, 2015
Worked there as a server, preformed various task. Taking orders, running food, helping in the kitchen and at the front of the house.
Olive Garden is pretty amazing!
Server/Waiter (Former Employee), Pineville, NCJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: healthcare options, discounts
Cons: lack of communication at times.
When I go into work my manager lets me know of goals they want us to accomplish that night. Once I get my tables and make sure they are being tending to I make sure my service partner or fellow server are okay, I like to help out if needed. I help run food out to guests (take any dirty dishes if needed) if the server is currently busy. I do a lot of teamwork and tending to guests needs. Once my sections is cut I have to make sure my area is clean (no gum under tables, clean floor, table is stocked with condiments). Then we usually are assigned side work before we leave (ex: stocking to-go items, cleaning P.O.S system area, cleaning our break room, emptying our trash, etc...)

I have learned that a little help goes a long way. Helping out with one thing can really make a difference to any guest and/or server (or management).

The management is awesome. They really help out with the fact that I have a daughter with health problems, and I need certain days off for her appointments. They like to make sure not only the guest are taking care of but we are too.

My co-workers are helpful. There are many who love their job, and some that are there just to help and leave (like any business).

Hardest part of my job is when a guest insults me. I pride myself on helping others and I hate making anyone feel unimportant. I get a lot of guest who will insult me for the service of other servers or the food. I try really hard to accommodate as much as my job will allow, but there is only so much I am allowed to do. I usually get a manager if I am unable to do so.

I love the teamwork. Sometimes we lack communication but we always find time to help out others when we can.
Productive fun workplace in a great location
Server, Host, Line cook (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 23, 2015
I was a server for a couple of months in the Tampa, Fl location. I enjoyed going to work and meeting the variety of people who came to the establishment. It was a great training program and really helped servers become successful. With no server experience i was able to avg $1000+ a week over the holiday season of 2012/2013
A fast paced restaurant environment
Server/Host (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: worked as a team
Cons: long hours on my feet.
Worked with the serving staff and host staff. Had to learn the new product and how to sell it to patrons in our restaurant. Be familiar with daily specials. Worked as a team to make sure everyone's shift was set up for success.
We also had to take care of our patrons as if they were our family, the company's motto.
Bartending at Olive Garden
Bartender/Server (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 22, 2015
Maintained updated knowledge of all menu items, specials, liquor brands, beers and non-alcoholic selections. Routinely checked identification of patrons purchasing alcoholic beverages.
Continually provided exceptional service to customers by being friendly, knowledgeable and accommodating.
Maintained a consistent, regular attendance record.
Set up bar for operation, obtained cash bank and stocked the service bar.
Effectively and calmly resolved situations with intoxicated guests.

1 2 3 4 5

About Olive Garden

Olive Garden is the leading restaurant in the Italian dining segment, with 469 restaurants, more than 56,000 employees and $1.6 – Read more