Olive Garden
1,597 reviews

Olive Garden Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
REally fun place, your service skills grow alot
Cook, Server, Host (Former Employee), VAJuly 21, 2014
Pros: really good place
Cons: sometimes business will be slow during winter time
I loved working for The Olive Garden, i alwasy wanted the experience to work for a mid high class restarurant, i got in to the kitchen afterwards, and i did awesome
Productive workplace but needs help
Hostess (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 22, 2014
Pros: discounted meals and benefits after 6 months
Cons: short hours, terrible management, etc
Once i enter the restaurant i make sure we have enough cutlery for the day, our menus are clean and ready, and that we have enough servers to start taking tables for the morning.
I learned that being in this type of work or anywhere, you have to know how to handle a rude customer and have great problem solving skills.
Management at the Olive Garden – more... is terrible, you have that one manager that is on top of everything and others that slack on their job and treat selected few employees poorly.
Co-workers are amazing, great energy, great attitude and overall do their job as told with great communication skills. Its fun working with people there, you feel open to talk to them. They are mostly a younger crowd but they're awesome people.
The hardest part of the job is the fact we had so many amazing mangers quit the job and a lot of rules changed. Its so hard to keep up with the constant change, its unstable,confusing, and unorganized.
The most enjoyable part about the job is dealing with customers, you have good and bad customers sometimes but a friendly smile and nice families can brighten up anyone's day. – less
Fun
Line Cook (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 13, 2014
Pros: cheap food
Cons: not enough hours
You work under alot of pressure but it makes you a better worker.
It's alright
Hostess (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: 50% off food when working
Cons: long hours
Looking for lots of hours, good pay but no social life or chance to explain yourself when you've 'done something wrong'? Work here
Well earned Salary
Busser (Former Employee), Winnipeg MBJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: mingle with customers, earned pay, awesome staff
Cons: managment
Bussing duty's consist of cleaning tables, assisting in dish pit if they needed, and making the restaurant clean when they close.
It is a good place to work you will get lots of hours the pay is great and you can mingle with the customers and have a conversation with them.
Management was all a mystery, Always a rumor going around about a manager being – more... fired or quitting. I have seen a few managers come and go from the time I worked there, Other wise you will always meet co-workers that will and like to take time to get to chat and laugh and have a good time at work – less
Olive Garden
Server (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJanuary 13, 2013
Shifts were average length. I learned a lot in product knowledge. Most of the managers were excellent (especially our General Manager at my time of employment) co-workers were great!
hardest part of the job were unrealistic guests. Most enjoyable part would be the industry itself and other serving staff.
False Employment Offers!
Bartender (Former Employee), Langley BCDecember 11, 2012
Pros: nothing
Cons: management
This company constantly places Ads for Bartenders.
They will even setup an interview and then inform you that they don't hire Bartenders but only promote from the floor.
Then they offer a Servers job.
If you are a professional Bartender don't answer the phone.
Don't waste your time.
In need of better management
Server (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBOctober 17, 2012
At the time I worked there it was a stressful and aggravating place to work. With a proper management team in place it would be a great place to work. A good server can make a lot of money here.
great atmosphere
Server, Hostess, To-Go Specialist (Former Employee), Framingham, MAAugust 8, 2012
Co-workers and managers were enjoyable to work with. Typical day included interacting with guests, making sure they felt at home and enjoyed their dining experience. Hardest part of the job was carrying heavy trays and staying until close which could be until 1am. Most enjoyable part was becomming life long friends with co-workers.
It was a very fun job with lots of opportunity and lots of hours.
Certified Culinary Trainer, Line Cook, Prep Cook (Former Employee), Winnipeg,MBApril 27, 2012
Pros: fun people to work with, lots to learn
Cons: very busy, stressful, sometimes very long tiring hours.
I honestly loved this job worked with some good people, made lots of friends and tons of money. There were good benefits and they helped you out as much as they could even when it had nothing to do with them I have nothing but love and respect for the people and the company.
Fun workplace
Hostess (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 19, 2012
The managment at this job was great. I never had issues with any of my managers. My co-workers were always great to have around they made my shifts fly by. Most enjoyable part of this job was interacting with the customers and seeing them leave satisfied after great service and food.
Very flexible scheduling
Server/Bartender (Current Employee), Monroeville, PAJuly 29, 2014
Pros: scheduling, atmosphere
Cons: mixed messages from management.
Management has been a revolving door, but it has allowed me to obtain my degree and has the potential to become a second job for extra income. The people I work with are great, they make it enjoyable to go to work. It can be stressful at times, but you are usually rewarded for your hard work.
good
line cook (Former Employee), Chico,CAJuly 29, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: pay per rate was bad, hours, and food quality.
setting up my station
refined my sauté skills at this job
management was irresponsible
co-workers were good
the hardest part was the kitchen was really small
I made some good contacts at this job
Great place
Restaurant Server (Former Employee), tampa flJuly 29, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: short hours
Short hours
lots of regulars guest
Great employees
well organized
re: okay to work here
Silverwear roller (Current Employee), Eugene OregonJuly 29, 2014
Working for the company of Olive Garden
can be a good place to work but to a point.
In what I mean by that is this, It has it's ups and downs.
My typical day at Olive Garden means I have to work from 8:00am until 11:30am sometime until 12:30pm. In management position I have not been train yet. My co-workers I work with them almost every day but not – more... in the same positions where they work which means as a server a waiter waitress.
My hardest part is when I work by myself and it makes the day a lot longer and when I run out of silverware, especially when we need a lot more than what is needed for the day.
My enjoyable part of the job is when I am all finished for the day and I still get to either come back to work at night or when I get to train someone on the job. – less
o
Specialist (Current Employee), Spartanburg, SCJuly 28, 2014
Pros: free food, good management, friendly work environment, opportunities for moving up
Cons: long hours standing.
It's a great place to work.free food, good management, friendly work environment, opportunities for moving up
I was treated like family
Server, Waitress (Former Employee), Wellington, FLJuly 28, 2014
Pros: flexilble hours
Cons: unpredictable payment
management was absolutely amazing, professional, thoughtful, and fun.
a great place to start your work careeer while still a student
server and lead host I primarily focused (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMJuly 26, 2014
Pros: lots of employees
Cons: not enough tables to yourself
working here was fun greeted guest in a cheerful manner , immediaatly tended to their needs. i learned there is always alot going on and the best thing to do to help youself is taking a deep breathe and communicate with everyone at all times.the most enjoyable part of this job is it doesnt feel that way your peers are alll here having a great day ready – more... to make some money so it was always encouraging to see that. – less
Great experience working with a wonderful crew, and getting to know my guests.
Server/ Host (Former Employee), Weslaco, TXJuly 25, 2014
Pros: flexibal schedualing (due to school or childcare), discounts on meals
Cons: few hours when requested, managment lacked control/respect
All in all working at Olive Garden was a good experience for me. Every day I would learn something new about wines, foods, even new ideas on how to improve my guest connection. Before each shift began our managers always "talked us in" which was basically them giving us the expectations that they had for the shift: expected wine samples, guest count – more... ect. they would motivate us to upsell and learn something new about our guests to make the dining experience more unique for them, which i found very useful on several occasions. My co-workers and I always worked as a team, it was how we kept the restaurant alive. We would make one another feel comfortable therefore lightening up the mood for our guests. As much as i enjoyed my time working for the Olive Garden, i DID NOT enjoy having to beg for hours. It was extremely difficult to receive decent hours due to over staffing, and the hours we would get, would be cut short. All that being said, I loved the sense of unity and understanding that that i acquired from working in such a family based restaurant. – less
Productive fun and friendly enviorment.
Server/Hostess (Current Employee), Green Bay, WIJuly 25, 2014
I enjoy the face paced work and the ability to put a smile on peoples face.

1 2 3 4 5

About Olive Garden

Olive Garden is the leading restaurant in the Italian dining segment, with 469 restaurants, more than 56,000 employees and $1.6 – Read more