Olive Garden
1,885 reviews

Olive Garden Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Amazing work entourage with great management and co-workers
Busser (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 2, 2014
Pros: th chemistry at work
Cons: long hours with a short break
Olive Garden taught me manners and how to work fast and get the job done properly. The management made sure everyone was always on task. I'd say I had the best co-workers because they are always willing to help and teach the ones with lower knowledge. Olive Garden was never a hard job, it only gets tough when it comes to weekends or special events but – more... I honestly loved working there because they make you feel like you are a part of a family and that makes the job more fun and enjoyable. – less
Physically Demanding With Horrible Pay
Server (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 9, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: long hours, low pay, bad management
The only thing good about working here were the people. There is no room for advancement and the pay isn't worth staying. They over work you (10+ hours a day) and don't give breaks.
Productive workplace but needs help
Hostess (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 22, 2014
Pros: discounted meals and benefits after 6 months
Cons: short hours, terrible management, etc
Once i enter the restaurant i make sure we have enough cutlery for the day, our menus are clean and ready, and that we have enough servers to start taking tables for the morning.
I learned that being in this type of work or anywhere, you have to know how to handle a rude customer and have great problem solving skills.
Management at the Olive Garden – more... is terrible, you have that one manager that is on top of everything and others that slack on their job and treat selected few employees poorly.
Co-workers are amazing, great energy, great attitude and overall do their job as told with great communication skills. Its fun working with people there, you feel open to talk to them. They are mostly a younger crowd but they're awesome people.
The hardest part of the job is the fact we had so many amazing mangers quit the job and a lot of rules changed. Its so hard to keep up with the constant change, its unstable,confusing, and unorganized.
The most enjoyable part about the job is dealing with customers, you have good and bad customers sometimes but a friendly smile and nice families can brighten up anyone's day. – less
Fun
Line Cook (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 13, 2014
Pros: cheap food
Cons: not enough hours
You work under alot of pressure but it makes you a better worker.
It's alright
Hostess (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: 50% off food when working
Cons: long hours
Looking for lots of hours, good pay but no social life or chance to explain yourself when you've 'done something wrong'? Work here
Well earned Salary
Busser (Former Employee), Winnipeg MBJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: mingle with customers, earned pay, awesome staff
Cons: managment
Bussing duty's consist of cleaning tables, assisting in dish pit if they needed, and making the restaurant clean when they close.
It is a good place to work you will get lots of hours the pay is great and you can mingle with the customers and have a conversation with them.
Management was all a mystery, Always a rumor going around about a manager being – more... fired or quitting. I have seen a few managers come and go from the time I worked there, Other wise you will always meet co-workers that will and like to take time to get to chat and laugh and have a good time at work – less
fun job.
Server (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: 50% off food
Cons: unlimited inexpensive lunches.
Fun job, good people. We had a fun group, but eventually one by one, we all started leaving. At a place like this, it's all about who you work well with.
Olive Garden
Server (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJanuary 13, 2013
Shifts were average length. I learned a lot in product knowledge. Most of the managers were excellent (especially our General Manager at my time of employment) co-workers were great!
hardest part of the job were unrealistic guests. Most enjoyable part would be the industry itself and other serving staff.
False Employment Offers!
Bartender (Former Employee), Langley BCDecember 11, 2012
Pros: nothing
Cons: management
This company constantly places Ads for Bartenders.
They will even setup an interview and then inform you that they don't hire Bartenders but only promote from the floor.
Then they offer a Servers job.
If you are a professional Bartender don't answer the phone.
Don't waste your time.
In need of better management
Server (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBOctober 17, 2012
At the time I worked there it was a stressful and aggravating place to work. With a proper management team in place it would be a great place to work. A good server can make a lot of money here.
It was a very fun job with lots of opportunity and lots of hours.
Certified Culinary Trainer, Line Cook, Prep Cook (Former Employee), Winnipeg,MBApril 27, 2012
Pros: fun people to work with, lots to learn
Cons: very busy, stressful, sometimes very long tiring hours.
I honestly loved this job worked with some good people, made lots of friends and tons of money. There were good benefits and they helped you out as much as they could even when it had nothing to do with them I have nothing but love and respect for the people and the company.
Fun workplace
Hostess (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 19, 2012
The managment at this job was great. I never had issues with any of my managers. My co-workers were always great to have around they made my shifts fly by. Most enjoyable part of this job was interacting with the customers and seeing them leave satisfied after great service and food.
Great atmosphere and delicious food
Busser (Current Employee), Livonia, MIDecember 17, 2014
Pros: 50% off food before/after work shift and 20% off anytime at any darden restaurants.
A typical day at work is making sure the side stations are prepared and ready for servers to use, clearing the dirty dishes off of the table, offer drink refills to the guests, and keeping the dining room floor clean. I learned how to deal with all sorts of customers ranging from very satisfied to unpleasant. I also learned how a restaurant functions, – more... and what happens that causes a restaurant to be late with the customer's food and why it is taking a long time for the customers to be seated. The management is excellent, all of the managers get along with their employees well by having good communication and giving the employees direction if they need it. My co-workers for the most part are down to Earth, very optimistic, and they are very enjoyable to work with. – less
Productive and Fun Work Place
Server, Hostess (Former Employee), Gainesville, GADecember 17, 2014
Pros: discounts and sometimes free food
Cons: long hours of being on your feet
Working at Olive Garden on a typical day was usually busy and it demands a lot of leg and arm work, but other than that, the guests and co-workers I dealt with were always great. It made my job easier when I knew everyone else was enjoying themselves. When things got all tied up, my managers new how to handle each situation. No matter what happen, each – more... guest left with a smile and that was our biggest goal. I enjoyed working at Olive Garden and with all of the team members. – less
work place review
LINE COOK (Current Employee), Houma, LADecember 17, 2014
Make orders
Clean
Good customer service
Team Work
Sanitation
Communication

There is no hard part about it. It is mainly repetition and memorization.
Productive and fun work environment
Utility Worker (Former Employee), Nashville, TNDecember 17, 2014
Daily at Olive Garden my duty was to clean and stock all dishes in a timely manner. It was important to use safety and sanitary procedures daily. I learned how important each team member is in order to make a restaurant business successful. The job was not hard but you have to be committed to working at a steady pace daily.
Fun place to work
Food service/Customer service (Former Employee), Highlands ranch, CoDecember 17, 2014
It was an enjoyable place to work, especially if you love working hard with minimal down time, which I did.
Great Company
Cook (Current Employee), Mount Pleasant, MIDecember 16, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere
Cons: little advancement
The Darden company is great to work for. The management at my store was not great but good at scheduling you when your available to work. The people who work are great people to work with. The team like atmosphere and the friendships as part of the Olive Garden Culture makes everyday going to work fun.
awesome place
Waiter (Current Employee), Enfield, CTDecember 16, 2014
This is a great place to learn, interact, and have fun while doing a noteworthy job. Each and every day at work here in enjoyable because of the people and the jobs at hand. I would recommend to friends, great place.
fun and different
Hostess (Former Employee), Hyattsville, MDDecember 15, 2014
 Seated patrons as they arrived according to designated work areas
 Monitored the restaurant to maintain maximum effectiveness
 “Cashed Out” serving staff at the end of their work shifts: entrusted to collect restaurant receipts

1 2 3 4 5

About Olive Garden

Olive Garden is the leading restaurant in the Italian dining segment, with 469 restaurants, more than 56,000 employees and $1.6 – Read more