1,701 reviews

Olive Garden Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive workplace but needs help
Hostess (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 22, 2014
Pros: discounted meals and benefits after 6 months
Cons: short hours, terrible management, etc
Once i enter the restaurant i make sure we have enough cutlery for the day, our menus are clean and ready, and that we have enough servers to start taking tables for the morning.
I learned that being in this type of work or anywhere, you have to know how to handle a rude customer and have great problem solving skills.
Management at the Olive Garden – more... is terrible, you have that one manager that is on top of everything and others that slack on their job and treat selected few employees poorly.
Co-workers are amazing, great energy, great attitude and overall do their job as told with great communication skills. Its fun working with people there, you feel open to talk to them. They are mostly a younger crowd but they're awesome people.
The hardest part of the job is the fact we had so many amazing mangers quit the job and a lot of rules changed. Its so hard to keep up with the constant change, its unstable,confusing, and unorganized.
The most enjoyable part about the job is dealing with customers, you have good and bad customers sometimes but a friendly smile and nice families can brighten up anyone's day. – less
Fun
Line Cook (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 13, 2014
Pros: cheap food
Cons: not enough hours
You work under alot of pressure but it makes you a better worker.
It's alright
Hostess (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: 50% off food when working
Cons: long hours
Looking for lots of hours, good pay but no social life or chance to explain yourself when you've 'done something wrong'? Work here
Well earned Salary
Busser (Former Employee), Winnipeg MBJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: mingle with customers, earned pay, awesome staff
Cons: managment
Bussing duty's consist of cleaning tables, assisting in dish pit if they needed, and making the restaurant clean when they close.
It is a good place to work you will get lots of hours the pay is great and you can mingle with the customers and have a conversation with them.
Management was all a mystery, Always a rumor going around about a manager being – more... fired or quitting. I have seen a few managers come and go from the time I worked there, Other wise you will always meet co-workers that will and like to take time to get to chat and laugh and have a good time at work – less
fun job.
Server (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: 50% off food
Cons: unlimited inexpensive lunches.
Fun job, good people. We had a fun group, but eventually one by one, we all started leaving. At a place like this, it's all about who you work well with.
Server (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJanuary 13, 2013
Shifts were average length. I learned a lot in product knowledge. Most of the managers were excellent (especially our General Manager at my time of employment) co-workers were great!
hardest part of the job were unrealistic guests. Most enjoyable part would be the industry itself and other serving staff.
False Employment Offers!
Bartender (Former Employee), Langley BCDecember 11, 2012
Pros: nothing
Cons: management
This company constantly places Ads for Bartenders.
They will even setup an interview and then inform you that they don't hire Bartenders but only promote from the floor.
Then they offer a Servers job.
If you are a professional Bartender don't answer the phone.
Don't waste your time.
In need of better management
Server (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBOctober 17, 2012
At the time I worked there it was a stressful and aggravating place to work. With a proper management team in place it would be a great place to work. A good server can make a lot of money here.
It was a very fun job with lots of opportunity and lots of hours.
Certified Culinary Trainer, Line Cook, Prep Cook (Former Employee), Winnipeg,MBApril 27, 2012
Pros: fun people to work with, lots to learn
Cons: very busy, stressful, sometimes very long tiring hours.
I honestly loved this job worked with some good people, made lots of friends and tons of money. There were good benefits and they helped you out as much as they could even when it had nothing to do with them I have nothing but love and respect for the people and the company.
Fun workplace
Hostess (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 19, 2012
The managment at this job was great. I never had issues with any of my managers. My co-workers were always great to have around they made my shifts fly by. Most enjoyable part of this job was interacting with the customers and seeing them leave satisfied after great service and food.
fast paced work environment
Food server (Current Employee), Redding, CASeptember 17, 2014
learned how to communicate with customers, and take care of their needs, how to work well in a team environment. Also learned that i do not need a title to be a leader in the workplace. cash handling experience, I'm one of the key employees there. Hardest part is when we can't make an unsatisfied customer happy, or when management does not back me up. – more... Most enjoyable part of the job is ownership over my own work. – less
Productive place, High volume.
Line Cook (Former Employee), Columbia, SCSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: fun enviorment if you ask me .
Cons: call outs and not getting the same respect as you give.
Like every job, you have days that are better then most. I have had more good days the bad days at Olive Garden. The co-workers really try to pull through as a team and get the job gone.
not the same store that opened
server (Former Employee), Lake City, FLSeptember 16, 2014
The "family" atmosphere of the opening crew is gone. The new manager is not like the old manager. Comaradirie is not the same. Nothing is consistent.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Bethel Park, PASeptember 15, 2014
Company has some nice benefits for full time staff members. Opportunities for advancement were not plentiful
flexible hours
Server (Current Employee), Rogers, ARSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: pay is determined by tips. hourly rate is only $2.63 per hour
It's an ok entry level job. Not really a career, advancement opportunities are limited. Decent money for part time hours. Drawbacks are lack of management or poor management. Many times managers are to lazy or unwilling to address complaining guests leaving you to resolve the situation yourself.
One big family at Olive Garden
Busser (Former Employee), Boardman, OHSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: discounted lunches, friendly environment, plenty of hours, good pay
What I did for my job is bus tables. Even though the job was demanding I had all my friendly co-workers and friendly managers to help me out. Whenever I needed help they did not hesitate to help me out. I enjoyed the environment and how we were all basically one big family there.
cool
Server (Current Employee), Stoughton, MASeptember 15, 2014
people are fun
i like serving/waitressing
very clean
i dont have much else to say but indeed won't let me save
Entry level server who learned the ropes of the job and more.
Server (Current Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: great co-workers, diverse interactions with guests and employee meals.
Cons: management, certain rude guests and shortage of staff.
I started at Olive Garden in September of 2012. I had no experience with waitressing and was a bit intimidated in the beginning. I trained for a week with one other young lady and was trained in the food, beverage and alcohol menu. I started out with two tables and eventually advanced to three being that is the highest number of tables we're supposed – more... to have. I eventually understood why we only had three tables due to the popularity of our " Unlimited Soup, Salad & Breadsticks" deal. I only work morning shifts so the soup and salad is very high in demand seeing as guests are on lunch breaks and want something that can get them in and out. As the years have gone on, I've learned a great deal about becoming more outgoing, social, better with communication and dealing with my peers whether they're co-workers or guests. I've also learned about the not so great things about being a server such as dealing with rude guests, incompetent managers and sometimes feeling like my life revolves around the company, being demanded so much from the company yet, not feeling like I am of importance to the company. I take it one day at a time and try not to look at OG as being a super terrible place. I'll continue to work at OG until I can find something that challenges me more and helps steer me towards my actual career. – less
productive and fast pace workplace
Waitress (Current Employee), city of industry, caSeptember 12, 2014
The restaurant can become very busy at times, most of the time on the weekends, it can become very hectic at times being a waitress. I've learned how to become quicker at serving and making guests happy and not have them feel rushed when they are dining. Managers can be very helpful at times when it becomes busy in the restaurant by bringing out the – more... entrees for guests and checking if their visit is going well. The most enjoyable part in working at Olive Garden, are my coworkers. Its what makes it fun working there, they become family and close friends and everyone contributes into helping one another. The job consists of multitasking, which was hard on me at first, but with practice I believe I have mastered it and I like the part of being kept busy it makes the time go by quicker, and its better then standing around doing nothing. – less
Working at Olive Garden
Server (Former Employee), Jacksonville, NCSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: amazing atmosphere
Cons: pay wasent great
Typical day was great, and fun environment. I learn that at any place i have worked a lot of my time was dedicated in team work! My managers were very knowledgeable, very helpful and polite. My co-workers were also very helpful, and never questioned me if i needed help with anything. They always had positive attitudes. Hardest part was if i got a negative – more... review which was one time. I don't like failing. My day was enjoyable knowing that when customers took time out to right good reviews and that i succeeded at making there experience amazing. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Olive Garden

Olive Garden is the leading restaurant in the Italian dining segment, with 469 restaurants, more than 56,000 employees and $1.6 – Read more