Olive Garden
1,641 reviews

Olive Garden Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive workplace but needs help
Hostess (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 22, 2014
Pros: discounted meals and benefits after 6 months
Cons: short hours, terrible management, etc
Once i enter the restaurant i make sure we have enough cutlery for the day, our menus are clean and ready, and that we have enough servers to start taking tables for the morning.
I learned that being in this type of work or anywhere, you have to know how to handle a rude customer and have great problem solving skills.
Management at the Olive Garden – more... is terrible, you have that one manager that is on top of everything and others that slack on their job and treat selected few employees poorly.
Co-workers are amazing, great energy, great attitude and overall do their job as told with great communication skills. Its fun working with people there, you feel open to talk to them. They are mostly a younger crowd but they're awesome people.
The hardest part of the job is the fact we had so many amazing mangers quit the job and a lot of rules changed. Its so hard to keep up with the constant change, its unstable,confusing, and unorganized.
The most enjoyable part about the job is dealing with customers, you have good and bad customers sometimes but a friendly smile and nice families can brighten up anyone's day. – less
Fun
Line Cook (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 13, 2014
Pros: cheap food
Cons: not enough hours
You work under alot of pressure but it makes you a better worker.
It's alright
Hostess (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: 50% off food when working
Cons: long hours
Looking for lots of hours, good pay but no social life or chance to explain yourself when you've 'done something wrong'? Work here
Well earned Salary
Busser (Former Employee), Winnipeg MBJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: mingle with customers, earned pay, awesome staff
Cons: managment
Bussing duty's consist of cleaning tables, assisting in dish pit if they needed, and making the restaurant clean when they close.
It is a good place to work you will get lots of hours the pay is great and you can mingle with the customers and have a conversation with them.
Management was all a mystery, Always a rumor going around about a manager being – more... fired or quitting. I have seen a few managers come and go from the time I worked there, Other wise you will always meet co-workers that will and like to take time to get to chat and laugh and have a good time at work – less
fun job.
Server (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: 50% off food
Cons: unlimited inexpensive lunches.
Fun job, good people. We had a fun group, but eventually one by one, we all started leaving. At a place like this, it's all about who you work well with.
Olive Garden
Server (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJanuary 13, 2013
Shifts were average length. I learned a lot in product knowledge. Most of the managers were excellent (especially our General Manager at my time of employment) co-workers were great!
hardest part of the job were unrealistic guests. Most enjoyable part would be the industry itself and other serving staff.
False Employment Offers!
Bartender (Former Employee), Langley BCDecember 11, 2012
Pros: nothing
Cons: management
This company constantly places Ads for Bartenders.
They will even setup an interview and then inform you that they don't hire Bartenders but only promote from the floor.
Then they offer a Servers job.
If you are a professional Bartender don't answer the phone.
Don't waste your time.
In need of better management
Server (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBOctober 17, 2012
At the time I worked there it was a stressful and aggravating place to work. With a proper management team in place it would be a great place to work. A good server can make a lot of money here.
It was a very fun job with lots of opportunity and lots of hours.
Certified Culinary Trainer, Line Cook, Prep Cook (Former Employee), Winnipeg,MBApril 27, 2012
Pros: fun people to work with, lots to learn
Cons: very busy, stressful, sometimes very long tiring hours.
I honestly loved this job worked with some good people, made lots of friends and tons of money. There were good benefits and they helped you out as much as they could even when it had nothing to do with them I have nothing but love and respect for the people and the company.
Fun workplace
Hostess (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 19, 2012
The managment at this job was great. I never had issues with any of my managers. My co-workers were always great to have around they made my shifts fly by. Most enjoyable part of this job was interacting with the customers and seeing them leave satisfied after great service and food.
Awesome
Host (Former Employee), Milpitas,CAAugust 19, 2014
You get to meet new people everyday..........................................
Fun workplace
Server (Former Employee), Bala-Cynwyd, PAAugust 19, 2014
Pros: everyday you work, you got paid
Cons: if your tips weren't great, you didn't leave with much money
Fast paced, upbeat, friendly place to work. Staff was team oriented and everyone always went out together after work. Extended family!
Good work environment
Server (Former Employee), Mesquite, TXAugust 19, 2014
Pros: great employee discount
Cons: short breaks or no breaks
Work went by really fast. Overall was a fun job. The serving team there was excellent. Loved all my coworkers. Good length of shifts.
Fast paced but easy job
Busser (Former Employee), Kissimmee, FLAugust 19, 2014
Every day was a typical day.
Good management and co workers.
Most enjoyable part of the job was of course the food.
great management
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Arden, NCAugust 19, 2014
Pros: 50% off meals
Cons: tough to get hrs
working at olive garden was great. I was able to learn the importance of teamwork and the managers were awesome. I made some very good friends there.the hardest part was working monday open/close but I enjoyed the friends and co-workers so much that I really didn't mind those long hrs.
Productive and fun place to work while servicing guest interaction
Server/Hotess (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 19, 2014
I enjoyed working at the Olive Garden because of interaction with different customers. It was a joy to talk and service all that dined with us. Interacting with my co-workers made coming to work enjoyable. The hardest part was servicing a lot of guests at one time which cause the kitchen to become overwhelmed. I've learned to multi-task in a high fast – more... pace business. – less
good money
Server (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALAugust 19, 2014
Pros: 50% meals great money guest interactions
Cons: difficult guest that dont tip manager favoritism
it was my first serving job i was really grateful for that experience it was great money unfortunately my mom was ill and i had to leave alabama despite the managers favoring only certain male servers it was a great learning experience for me
Would be better with different managers in place
Server (Current Employee), Carson City, NVAugust 18, 2014
Pros: good co-workers, great benefits for a part time job.
Cons: not many hours, poor management
Since there are so many people working there, hours are scarce. 12-15 hours are the average. Management does not listen to employees and reprimands them in front of other people. Huge amounts of favoritism. The best part of working here are the other employees and the guests.
Productive and fun place to work
Certified Trainer (Former Employee), Temple, TXAugust 18, 2014
Pros: while working 50% off food. out side of work you get 25% off ticket at any of darden restaurants
You can have fun and do work at the same time. At the beginning of each shift there was a game to see who could up sale things and you would win prizes. This companies training is very good you learn a lot about the culture of the foods and what wines go with what.
Its a good job.
Cook (Current Employee), Mount Pleasant, MIAugust 18, 2014
It's a very fast paced job, best restaurant I've worked for.

1 2 3 4 5

About Olive Garden

Olive Garden is the leading restaurant in the Italian dining segment, with 469 restaurants, more than 56,000 employees and $1.6 – Read more