Olive Garden

Olive Garden Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great People to work with
To-go (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBMarch 9, 2015
Pros: great tips
Cons: very different from one week to the next
Come in to smile's and sleepy eyes. opening the store and making sure everything clean and ready and fully stocked. Gets busy and help as much people as I could so they wouldn't break down and keep smiles on. Customers are sometimes hard but every job is like that. The management always knew what to say and what to do when things went wrong or sideways. They looked like it was a mess but once you were use to everything you saw the system and how it works very smoothly
Amazing work entourage with great management and co-workers
Busser (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 2, 2014
Pros: th chemistry at work
Cons: long hours with a short break
Olive Garden taught me manners and how to work fast and get the job done properly. The management made sure everyone was always on task. I'd say I had the best co-workers because they are always willing to help and teach the ones with lower knowledge. Olive Garden was never a hard job, it only gets tough when it comes to weekends or special events but I honestly loved working there because they make you feel like you are a part of a family and that makes the job more fun and enjoyable.
Physically Demanding With Horrible Pay
Server (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 9, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: long hours, low pay, bad management
The only thing good about working here were the people. There is no room for advancement and the pay isn't worth staying. They over work you (10+ hours a day) and don't give breaks.
Productive workplace but needs help
Hostess (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 22, 2014
Pros: discounted meals and benefits after 6 months
Cons: short hours, terrible management, etc
Once i enter the restaurant i make sure we have enough cutlery for the day, our menus are clean and ready, and that we have enough servers to start taking tables for the morning.
I learned that being in this type of work or anywhere, you have to know how to handle a rude customer and have great problem solving skills.
Management at the Olive Garden is terrible, you have that one manager that is on top of everything and others that slack on their job and treat selected few employees poorly.
Co-workers are amazing, great energy, great attitude and overall do their job as told with great communication skills. Its fun working with people there, you feel open to talk to them. They are mostly a younger crowd but they're awesome people.
The hardest part of the job is the fact we had so many amazing mangers quit the job and a lot of rules changed. Its so hard to keep up with the constant change, its unstable,confusing, and unorganized.
The most enjoyable part about the job is dealing with customers, you have good and bad customers sometimes but a friendly smile and nice families can brighten up anyone's day.
Fun
Line Cook (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 13, 2014
Pros: cheap food
Cons: not enough hours
You work under alot of pressure but it makes you a better worker.
It's alright
Hostess (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: 50% off food when working
Cons: long hours
Looking for lots of hours, good pay but no social life or chance to explain yourself when you've 'done something wrong'? Work here
Well earned Salary
Busser (Former Employee), Winnipeg MBJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: mingle with customers, earned pay, awesome staff
Cons: managment
Bussing duty's consist of cleaning tables, assisting in dish pit if they needed, and making the restaurant clean when they close.
It is a good place to work you will get lots of hours the pay is great and you can mingle with the customers and have a conversation with them.
Management was all a mystery, Always a rumor going around about a manager being fired or quitting. I have seen a few managers come and go from the time I worked there, Other wise you will always meet co-workers that will and like to take time to get to chat and laugh and have a good time at work
fun job.
Server (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: 50% off food
Cons: unlimited inexpensive lunches.
Fun job, good people. We had a fun group, but eventually one by one, we all started leaving. At a place like this, it's all about who you work well with.
Olive Garden
Server (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJanuary 13, 2013
Shifts were average length. I learned a lot in product knowledge. Most of the managers were excellent (especially our General Manager at my time of employment) co-workers were great!
hardest part of the job were unrealistic guests. Most enjoyable part would be the industry itself and other serving staff.
False Employment Offers!
Bartender (Former Employee), Langley BCDecember 11, 2012
Pros: nothing
Cons: management
This company constantly places Ads for Bartenders.
They will even setup an interview and then inform you that they don't hire Bartenders but only promote from the floor.
Then they offer a Servers job.
If you are a professional Bartender don't answer the phone.
Don't waste your time.
In need of better management
Server (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBOctober 17, 2012
At the time I worked there it was a stressful and aggravating place to work. With a proper management team in place it would be a great place to work. A good server can make a lot of money here.
It was a very fun job with lots of opportunity and lots of hours.
Certified Culinary Trainer, Line Cook, Prep Cook (Former Employee), Winnipeg,MBApril 27, 2012
Pros: fun people to work with, lots to learn
Cons: very busy, stressful, sometimes very long tiring hours.
I honestly loved this job worked with some good people, made lots of friends and tons of money. There were good benefits and they helped you out as much as they could even when it had nothing to do with them I have nothing but love and respect for the people and the company.
Fun workplace
Hostess (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 19, 2012
The managment at this job was great. I never had issues with any of my managers. My co-workers were always great to have around they made my shifts fly by. Most enjoyable part of this job was interacting with the customers and seeing them leave satisfied after great service and food.

About Olive Garden

Olive Garden is the leading restaurant in the Italian dining segment, with 469 restaurants, more than 56,000 employees and $1.6 – Read more