OLG Employee Reviews in Canada

everyones the boss
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ONJune 20, 2016
be prepared to work with lazy people who do nothing but taddle and gossip on eachother. it is a high school, not a casino. it is a nice place to work at when you are the "new guy" but once the next new person is hired (which is every other week because of all the people that quit) you become the newest target. hard work is not rewarded or acknowledged.
Pros
good food
Cons
EVERYTHING ELSE
Stay away
Executive (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 17, 2016
As a senior leader in olg lottery division I can tell you this place is full of cliques, back stabbing and butt covering. Typical government - no real "business" going on and no progress - just red tape, stalling and backward thinking. If you are intelligent you won't work here. I'm looking elsewhere now and realize how ridiculous this place is.
Pros
Free tap water
Cons
No funding to support team meetings
Management / supervisor have no clue whats going on.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ONMay 31, 2016
wage is decent,
thats all i have for a review.

they think they know everything, (managment / sup ) but really they don't.

you'll never get full time work ps
It's a fun and fast paced working environment
Woodbine Casino Cage & Coin Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 26, 2016
It's a good company to work for and I made a really good relationships with my co-worker. I've learned a lot of things in this company, casino operations, managing people and my soft skill.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Shifting
Fun
Housekeeper/Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Elora, ONMay 10, 2016
A typical day at work would be greeting OLG customers while undergoing heavy cleaning tasks. My co-workers were wonderful and hard working people. This was a very nice place to work. I liked it very much until I found a higher wage elsewhere.
Excellent place to work
Procurement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 9, 2016
OLG is an excellent employer. They have great training programs and are very supportive of their employees. The only issue is that they are in the process of downsizing their corporate office and operations, so there will be less opportunity in the future.
Pros
training
Management is a joke
Cook (Former Employee) –  London, ONApril 30, 2016
This was the worst place ive ever worked. Management is absolutely clueless to the way things get done. They seem to reward laziness and ignore hard workers. This place is an alright paycheque as long as you dont mind soulcrushing hours as a part time worker and borderline unethical treatment. Be prepared to have 85% or more of your day off requests denied. And to be treated as a utensil. London site restaurant has dated and dangerous equipment in some cases. Would advise a normal job with less pay.
Cons
10 hour turnarounds frequently, no reward for job well done, management picks favourites, soulcrushing hours for part time
Shift work difficult
Locked out worker (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONApril 28, 2016
Be careful to make sure job posting is not for a replacement worker at a casino with locked out employees- scab jobs are usually difficult and without long term prospects.
Couldn't pick a worse place to work
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 18, 2016
Do yourself a favour and do not work here, senior management is constantly changing and practically zero room for advancement.
Casino, Head Office, Prize Centre all the same..

Terrible management, HR only looks out for company
Pros
Benefits and some of the customers are great
Cons
Management, Salary
Terrible place to work
supervisor manager (Current Employee) –  Dresden, ONJanuary 16, 2016
Terrible place to work, people are horrible, customer service lacks personality, swearing from employees on floor, not consistent for discipline. Management sad sad sad lack any real knowledge, better bend over backwards to management, keep bad employees get rid of the good. I have been there through 6 managers last woman really bad just looking for date present one second time back no better than first time.
Pros
Cannot even get beverage for free, food not good, no pros
Cons
Rotten shifts based on who you are
great money...great benefits,...no social life, as you will be scheduled every weekend!!!
cage/ coin (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ONJanuary 11, 2016
I met some great people at OLG. The money and benefits were great.

however,....expect to work every weekend!....I was given one weekend off in approx. 7 months. Preference is given to full time staff. And its very difficult to become full time.

You are hired on a contract basis...and then if a position becomes available during your contract, you can apply for permanent part time.

Also....its the most regulated job you will ever have in your life.....
There is no room for error.
Pros
pay, benefits
Cons
miserable hours, and virtually one weekend off every 6-8 months
Good company to work
Senior QA Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 3, 2015
Good company to work. Job Work and Life balance is amazed. Salary and compensation is great. Team is great, co-operative and helpful.
typical day at work
Caino Dealer (Former Employee) –  BrantofrdSeptember 30, 2015
I was working the night shift from 21:00 hours to 05:30 hours
the atmosphere in ht e casino is different from any other job
you have a variety of multiple cultures and languages spoken.
You become aware when the customers is upset or excited when doing your job
I enjoy customers that are older, I tend to have an older soul, and enjoy chatting and hearing stories from them and explaining my day; whether it was out in the garden , canning something new or out in the park with the dog. with the younger generation I can barely understand them and I find that they tend to curse and not form a normal sentence
Pros
allowed me to buy a house
Cons
unions and OLg not allowing me to work due to contract negotiations
Fun job with odd hours.
Table Games Dealer (Current Employee) –  Thousand Islands CasinoJune 29, 2015
OLG is an employer that deeply cares about their employees health and wellbeing. The Table Games department is a lot of fun to work in the majority of the time. The downfalls of the job are that room for growth is ultimately pretty difficult, patrons are at time very harsh, and there is no regular shift in a casino.
Pros
Breaks every hour
Cons
Odd hours
I love this job!!
Cage and Coin Cashier (Current Employee) –  Dresden, ONJune 22, 2015
I enjoy going to work. In my position, there is always a task to do, which makes your shift fly by. The people I work with are great. Everyone is always willing to help in any way possible if you are unsure of a procedure or a task that you may have been given.
Pros
Co-workers, supervisors and atmosphere.
Cons
Very difficult to get full time.
Loved my job
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ONJune 10, 2015
I was EMT
I was on the marketing innovations committee
I was a founding member of the social committee
I was on the opex Team
Pros
good wages, good benifits, Paid vacations
Cons
inconsistance rules
OLG
Surveillance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  BrantfordJune 5, 2015
The company has put us on a 7 year wage freeze. There is currently no end in sight to this wage freeze. Very little advancement in the company, seems you have to know the right person.
OLG Review
Senior Slot Technician (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ONMay 13, 2015
Working for the OLG is not a bad thing. Lots of hours and room to grow and gain experience. The pay is good and you get lots of benefits as well as paid vacation time and sick leave. I have enjoyed my time with OLG but am ready for a life style change. Shift work is hard to get used to and can become difficult on your social and family life.
Great experience
Call Center Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 21, 2015
Overall love this organization and it's dynamic but very little room to grow. And even less room for job security. The environment is laid back and everyone is easy to talk to. It is 24/7 so your changes in shift happen way to often so it's hard to have a solid routine for personal and business life.
fun place to work at
Count Attendant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 21, 2015
I really enjoy my job as a Count Attendant and I have learned a great deal about the gaming world.
My day typically starts at 4am and it ends around 2:30pm.
I have great co-workers who work along side me.
I deal with a great deal of uncounted money on a daily basis so alot of trust is given to me and my team.
Pros
great pay
Cons
early mornings