OLG Employee Review

Shiftwork is not fun here (only 10hrs between shifts)
Permanent Full Time Food and Beverage Server (Former Employee) –  Ajax28 February 2014
The Ajax location is very busy which is nice for those who like to work in a fast paced environment.
Your fellow front line team members are amazing.
They have an excellent benefits package.

However, part-time employees are expected to work up to 40hrs a week as business demands it (usually 6months of the year or more).
It is difficult to move up within this company because management plays favourites and hires their friends from other departments and locations.
OLG policy is very strict so be prepared to face some of the most ridiculous and non-sensical rules.
The most difficult part of the job are the hours. It is shift work, so you work a combination of days, evenings, and overnights. Legally, they only have to give you 10hrs between scheduled shifts and they OFTEN do this.

It is a mindless job that pays well.
Pros
excellent benefits, great coworkers
Cons
shift work, poor work/life balance, rigid policies

Other OLG Employee Reviews

secure but hard for family life
Dealer (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON10 October 2017
Good money, good work experience. Problem is busy times is weekends and holidays so you are stuck working pretty much every weekend and at least part if not all of every holiday weekend. I enjoyed learning something new all the time issues are its hard dealing with costumers when they lose money. I know I wouldn't want to lose money either and its hard to know to say the right thing when they lose. I am skilled in may different table games and functions of the casino industry. My time there wasn't a terrible experience but I felt was time to move on
Pros
job security
Cons
hours
Official response from OLG
13 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We would like to thank you for your contributions to OLG and appreciate the feedback!

do not work here
DUAL SLOT OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON8 June 2017
Fun place work, management is terrible. For instance, say you booked tomorrow off and it was approved. if they need you to come in they will make up a new rule so that you get in trouble if you decline. HR is suppose to be for the workers, it's not!! they always back the corporation.
Official response from OLG
9 June 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and sharing your feedback with us. We read each of our reviews and take them seriously.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OLG. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9