OLG Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
do not work here
DUAL SLOT OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON8 June 2017
Fun place work, management is terrible. For instance, say you booked tomorrow off and it was approved. if they need you to come in they will make up a new rule so that you get in trouble if you decline. HR is suppose to be for the workers, it's not!! they always back the corporation.
9 June 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and sharing your feedback with us. We read each of our reviews and take them seriously.

Awful pace to work
Dealer (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON3 May 2017
Stay away if you can. Awful workplace where part time means working 40 hours a week, every week and for what? To work every weekend, holiday but if you ever get less than 40, don't worry you'll get called constantly to pick up a shift! I mean, how could you not love it!
8 May 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and sharing your feedback with us. We are sorry to hear that the working hours are not ideal for you. Since many of our gaming sites are in operation 24/7 (or operate outside of standard business hours), many roles require shift work at different times of the day. This ensures that we are providing the best possible service to our patrons.

Never take a contract role...
Supervisor/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  OLG, ON2 March 2017
Unless you want to be treated like a second rate employee and that anything that you do contribute to is completely ignored.
10 March 2017

Work Placement
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sault-Sainte-Marie, ON25 January 2017
This was a work placement position through a school program and a typical day included filing, making copies, setting up interviews, preparing interview packages and any other duties asked,
The workplace culture was fun and upbeat and the employees were very nice.
Pros
excellent experience, employees were very helpful
1 February 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We would like to thank you for your contributions to OLG and appreciate the feedback!

Good Place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Innisfil, ON7 September 2016
Overall good place to work. It is a government agency so there are benefits and a good salary. Downside is you have to work every weekend and they do not rotate shifts. Also wont accommodate another PT job, it's them or nothing. Overall great staff to work with and a fun environment to learn in.
Pros
Good benifts, good pay, great staff, friendly enviroment, able to learn lots, ability to have advacements
Cons
Bad scheduling, dont work around people's lives

A trying place to work.
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON20 July 2016
The place is very hard to kerp tour cool. You try to help them out but they will not help you out. Not a consistent discipline system. Rules seem to change almost daily of what you can and cannot do
Pros
Good people
Cons
Politics are un believable.
1 February 2017

Stay Away from this place if you need to develop any IT skills
IT Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 July 2016
This place use to be great when they have tge R&D in house, Now it all outsource mostly to companies with devlopers from India. Full time stuff is just working for these consultants & contractors, since they are hired in as Leads. Full time stuff are over worked and under pressure to meet the deadlines, no accountability for the consultants.
Pros
Cons
Management, Career Advancement, Skills Development
1 February 2017

Some great people to work with
Previous /Supervisor/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Point Edward, ON29 June 2016
As a former employee i loved my job for the first 10 yrs until new management decided to change operations to the department i was working in .Instead of asking the employees who did the job on a daily basis what they thought about the changes they went ahead and implemented the changes .90 percent of the employees did not like the changes as they where not hired for the other position and eventually the casino lost some of their best employees.This seems to be the way with the casino in the way that they do not care about the employees and as always keep the people who are the worst workers.They never seem to listen to the employees who are doing the job if they did the atmosphere and the employees would be a lot happier in their job and therefore would give the OLG 100 percent .
Pros
Good pay vacation and benefits
Cons
Management does not listen to their employees

everyones the boss
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON20 June 2016
be prepared to work with lazy people who do nothing but taddle and gossip on eachother. it is a high school, not a casino. it is a nice place to work at when you are the "new guy" but once the next new person is hired (which is every other week because of all the people that quit) you become the newest target. hard work is not rewarded or acknowledged.
Pros
good food
Cons
Everything else
Stay away
Executive (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 June 2016
As a senior leader in olg lottery division I can tell you this place is full of cliques, back stabbing and butt covering. Typical government - no real "business" going on and no progress - just red tape, stalling and backward thinking. If you are intelligent you won't work here. I'm looking elsewhere now and realize how ridiculous this place is.
Pros
Free tap water
Cons
No funding to support team meetings
Management / supervisor have no clue whats going on.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON31 May 2016
wage is decent,
thats all i have for a review.

they think they know everything, (managment / sup ) but really they don't.

you'll never get full time work ps
It's a fun and fast paced working environment
Woodbine Casino Cage & Coin Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 May 2016
It's a good company to work for and I made a really good relationships with my co-worker. I've learned a lot of things in this company, casino operations, managing people and my soft skill.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Shifting
Fun
Housekeeper/Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Elora, ON10 May 2016
A typical day at work would be greeting OLG customers while undergoing heavy cleaning tasks. My co-workers were wonderful and hard working people. This was a very nice place to work. I liked it very much until I found a higher wage elsewhere.
Management is a joke
Cook (Former Employee) –  London, ON30 April 2016
This was the worst place ive ever worked. Management is absolutely clueless to the way things get done. They seem to reward laziness and ignore hard workers. This place is an alright paycheque as long as you dont mind soulcrushing hours as a part time worker and borderline unethical treatment. Be prepared to have 85% or more of your day off requests denied. And to be treated as a utensil. London site restaurant has dated and dangerous equipment in some cases. Would advise a normal job with less pay.
Cons
10 hour turnarounds frequently, no reward for job well done, management picks favourites, soulcrushing hours for part time
Shift work difficult
Locked out worker (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON28 April 2016
Be careful to make sure job posting is not for a replacement worker at a casino with locked out employees- scab jobs are usually difficult and without long term prospects.
Couldn't pick a worse place to work
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 April 2016
Do yourself a favour and do not work here, senior management is constantly changing and practically zero room for advancement.
Casino, Head Office, Prize Centre all the same..

Terrible management, HR only looks out for company
Pros
Benefits and some of the customers are great
Cons
Management, Salary
Terrible place to work
supervisor manager (Current Employee) –  Dresden, ON16 January 2016
Terrible place to work, people are horrible, customer service lacks personality, swearing from employees on floor, not consistent for discipline. Management sad sad sad lack any real knowledge, better bend over backwards to management, keep bad employees get rid of the good. I have been there through 6 managers last woman really bad just looking for date present one second time back no better than first time.
Pros
Cannot even get beverage for free, food not good, no pros
Cons
Rotten shifts based on who you are
great money...great benefits,...no social life, as you will be scheduled every weekend!!!
cage/ coin (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON11 January 2016
I met some great people at OLG. The money and benefits were great.

however,....expect to work every weekend!....I was given one weekend off in approx. 7 months. Preference is given to full time staff. And its very difficult to become full time.

You are hired on a contract basis...and then if a position becomes available during your contract, you can apply for permanent part time.

Also....its the most regulated job you will ever have in your life.....
There is no room for error.
Pros
pay, benefits
Cons
miserable hours, and virtually one weekend off every 6-8 months
Good company to work
Senior QA Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 November 2015
Good company to work. Job Work and Life balance is amazed. Salary and compensation is great. Team is great, co-operative and helpful.
typical day at work
Caino Dealer (Former Employee) –  Brantofrd30 September 2015
I was working the night shift from 21:00 hours to 05:30 hours
the atmosphere in ht e casino is different from any other job
you have a variety of multiple cultures and languages spoken.
You become aware when the customers is upset or excited when doing your job
I enjoy customers that are older, I tend to have an older soul, and enjoy chatting and hearing stories from them and explaining my day; whether it was out in the garden , canning something new or out in the park with the dog. with the younger generation I can barely understand them and I find that they tend to curse and not form a normal sentence
Pros
allowed me to buy a house
Cons
unions and OLg not allowing me to work due to contract negotiations

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OLG. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9