OLG Employee Review

Environment looks great (woodbine Location)
Slot Technician (Former Employee) –  Woodbine22 March 2014
The day was hired as part time.( Slot Technician) I went to pick up my Gaming License which I paid out my pocket($165 Dollars). The person in charge to handle the Gaming License told me. It is good for 5 years. I hope you last that long. That was 1st bad impression.
The same day at night time I saw on the news that they laid off the full timer. 2nd bad impression.
On the contract they never told me when it will be the starting date.I waited 3 weeks from the Management for a start date. I want to let know my old workplace 2 weeks in advance as indicated by law I was going to quit. I never say anything on my old workplaced and when OLG told me to start on Monday of the week. I was still employed so I call them and explain the situation to them. That I had a conflict of schedules If they can switch me after my work hours to work for them .They left me wating on the phone for 15 minutes because they said they were going to talk to somebody. I hang up and the next day I had call from HR explaning that my availability changed which I only had 2 options submit to the schedule from them or resigned. I told her I am going to refuse your offer of empoyment and then she said since you never work a day for us we are not going to refund you the $ 165 Dollars and to make things easy on my end .Could write me a letter saying that you are resigning.

How I am supposed to resigned If I never work a day.? As a gesture of good heart for the HR person at the moment in time after 48 Hrs I send her an e-mail stating I was refusing their job offer. at the end I lost $ 165 Dollars for this
  more... little adventure to be employed for the OLG.  less
Pros
Clean place
Cons
Bad Management

Other OLG Employee Reviews

Lack of training
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Flamborough, ON10 January 2018
Flamborough downs lack of training, coffee breaks more should I say smoke breaks are important. Supervisor needs better communication skills. HR dept has not a clue of what is happening.
Wouldn't work there again or recommend anyone else
Pros
Long breaks with one online supervisor
Cons
Long hours not good pay
lotto sales
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON1 January 2018
if you have good people skills and quick to learn this job is for you you are to suggest added sales but as it is lotto sales people come to you you must be friendly and give customers a reason to return
Official response from OLG
10 January 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We would like to thank you for your contributions to OLG and appreciate the feedback!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OLG. Our community is ready to answer.