Olds College Employee Reviews in Canada

See reviews about:
Good learning atmosphere and helpful instructions from supervisors
Heavy Equipment Operator Program (Current Employee) –  Olds, ABJune 4, 2014
A typical work day consists of driving out to our pit and performing daily safety meetings and pre job hazard assessments as well as daily maintenance on all types of equipment. I learned how to run a grader a dozer a loader a rubber tire backhoe an excavator and a packer. did have some previous experience on an excavator and a packer. most enjoyable part of the job was working with all different kinds of people and learning in an exciting and fun environment.
A place to grow and learn
Ag and Heavy Technician program (Former Employee) –  Olds, AbMay 1, 2014
My experience at college was an enjoyable one, I learned many new things and developed an ever growing interest into my future career. What made it was the the expertise and experience that the instrucotrs ha and were able to pass on to the students. It was not just the trade information that was imoressive but learning vital skills in communication throught the wo career advancement courses that were a part of our program. It was great to wake up every day wondering what the day was going to bring and to be eager to get to school and get into the classroom an soak up the knowledge being passed on or to get into the shop and get our hand dirty.
Really nice place to work, was stupid to leave...
System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Olds, ABFebruary 10, 2014
*Great management.
*Very nice team.
*Lack of documentation and procedures but they were trying to fix that for real, implementing Itil standards.
*No off hour work unless there is a real emergency
*A lot of training, course and employee development.
*You feel as part of a family.
Pros
nearly everything, to the buildings to the warm employees, to the work itself
Cons
salary ruled by the ab governement, so they cut and froze the salaries...
Excellent, professional work environment with opportunities to upgrade
Media Relations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Olds, ABNovember 6, 2012
Majority of duties entailed writing, editing and distributing media releases, public service announcements and media updates to a variety of media including print, radio and television. Also active in writing and publishing stories in industry-specific magazines (eg. Horticultural and agricultural related) as well as in-house publications such as the Alumni Review and Student’s Association Newsletters. In addition to liaising with local and regional media representatives was responsible for monitoring effectiveness of specifically-targeted campaigns. While employed there I learned how to work effectively in group settings and organize people and information to achieve a common goal. I was managed by the Director of Marketing and Communications during my tenure. Our Department consisted of approximately eight to 10 employees. The hardest part of the job was budgeting various events and activities with limited funds. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing a project to its fruition.
Pros
excellent learning opportunity, was given substantial responsibility, opinions valued.
Cons
at the time the job offered more hours than i was able to fulfill due to small children at home.