The Oldman River Regional Services Commission (ORRSC) in Lethbridge, Alberta is looking to fill the position of Junior/Intermediate CAD/GIS Technologist. The successful candidate’s duties are related to the CAD functions of ORRSC’s mapping requirements and GIS aspects of the Oldman River Region Urban GIS Project.
- Create and maintain existing AutoCAD and GIS data files
- Update cadastral base mapping from registered plans
- Prepare subdivision sketches, zoning mapping and other land use related mapping
- Create municipal infrastructure maps
- Assist planning staff with daily mapping, plots, etc.
- Ensure proper file backup, restoration and archival procedures are followed
- Acquire digital data from other sources (government and/or private)
- Receive, arrange, and schedule project requisitions to meet required deadlines
- Co-ordinate with staff members on scheduled projects
- Review finished project for accuracy, quality, and drafting and GIS standards
- Keep abreast of the latest drafting, computer mapping and GIS practices by attending short courses, seminars, trade fairs, and reviewing technical journals
- Liaise with other private sector and government agencies by telephone contacts, seminars and trade fairs
- Other related duties as required
- Diploma or degree in geomatics, drafting and/or GIS from an accredited post secondary institution
- Eligible for membership in ASET or other professional organization
- Proficiency with Autodesk and ESRI products
- Ability to design and implement databases using Microsoft Access and Microsoft SQL Server software
- Complete understanding of the land survey system in Alberta
- Experience with programming languages such as ASP.net, Python, C# or C++ would be an asset
This position requires that the individual is able to work on his/her own with a minimum of supervision. He/she must be able to work directly with various planners and GIS employees on several projects at a time, coordinate workloads and time schedules making sure work is done accurately and on a timely basis.
Competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. Only select candidates will receive a response from ORRSC. Salary will be determined after reviewing skills, education and experience. We thank all applicants for submitting applications, but only persons chosen for interviews will be contacted.
Indeed - 24 months ago