Oldcastle

Oldcastle Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A company in transition
Production Scheduler (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 23, 2013
Pros: early finish on fridays, appreciation lunches and events
Cons: disorganized at times, strategy a work in progress
Oldcastle is a great company with many talented individuals that are experts in the field. The company made numerous acquisitions during the mid 2000s and integrating those companies was the biggest challenge I saw during my time at Oldcastle. There is a great depth of talent and opportunities for synergies. At the same time the integration of cultures from different offices and a coherent strategy understood company wide are still a work in progress. There remain many opportunities for highly motivated individuals to make a real impact with this company however nothing worthwhile is ever easy. Many challenges remain and a modernization needs to take place both in terms of infrastructure and the approach to execution of complex projects.
Enjoyable work environment
Auto Cutting Lead Hand (Current Employee), Vaughan, ONApril 30, 2013
Pros: free lunches, gift cards, friendly co-workers
Cons: long hours, heavy lifting, wages
The day begins by opening and starting the production line for my co-workers, as a review the production schudule and unload glass packs. Start the cutting line and reorganize the glass packs in order to have the schudule and cutting line run smoothly. I learn everyday more skills to make me a better worker in my field. My management is great and keeps me satisified by encouraging my work load. My co-workers follow instructions and enjoy working along side of me. As a lead hand I enjoy having a great relationship with all my co-workers to established a great work environment. I have to say that at the end of the day, the heavy lifting is one of the hardest things of my job. I enjoy the co-workers and learning more and more everyday. I feel there is always room for improvement and growing.
excelent workin place
drawer (Former Employee), blainvilleMay 20, 2015
Pros: free coffe
Cons: fat girl wont shut the fuk up -_- she was annoying
nice place to work.
perfect first stage experience.
nice & performing equipment (3D mouse is fun to work with :) )
ive worked with 2 screen. its was pretty nice. the people here know what there are talkin about & what they do. workin with Revit & Inventor
AutoCAD is an old useless CAD
A great place for learning and great people!
Shipper/Receiver (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 8, 2013
Pros: the environment and people
Cons: leaving
finding and handling products
interacting with consumers daily
some computer work
lifting of products from 75lbs and up
Great Place
Plant Manager (Current Employee), Delta, BCJune 15, 2015
Pros: Good salary and benefits
Cons: Long Hours
Hard work, great results. Planning production and dealing with production issues. creating a safety culture and behaviour based safety system.
bien
Électromécanicien (Former Employee), Montréal, QCNovember 23, 2014
14ans d’expériences dans la maintenance électromécanique.
Programmer des machines automatisées avec STEP7 et RSlogix5/500.
Effectuer des travaux neufs, rechercher les améliorations, et analyser les accidents du travail.
Planifier les interventions correctives et préventives et remises à jour des dossiers techniques.
Gérer le stock de pièces de rechange, outillages, appareils de contrôles.
Démonter, réparer, remonter et entretenir les machines industrielles.
Réparer des PC industrielles et installation des systèmes d’exploitation et logiciels de pilotages.
Mettre en œuvre le projet 5S (lean management) au département maintenance.