OLDCASTLE BUILDING ENVELOPE

OLDCASTLE BUILDING ENVELOPE Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A company in transition
Production Scheduler (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 23, 2013
Pros: early finish on fridays, appreciation lunches and events
Cons: disorganized at times, strategy a work in progress
Oldcastle is a great company with many talented individuals that are experts in the field. The company made numerous acquisitions during the mid 2000s and integrating those companies was the biggest challenge I saw during my time at Oldcastle. There is a great depth of talent and opportunities for synergies. At the same time the integration of cultures from different offices and a coherent strategy understood company wide are still a work in progress. There remain many opportunities for highly motivated individuals to make a real impact with this company however nothing worthwhile is ever easy. Many challenges remain and a modernization needs to take place both in terms of infrastructure and the approach to execution of complex projects.
Enjoyable work environment
Auto Cutting Lead Hand (Current Employee), Vaughan, ONApril 30, 2013
Pros: free lunches, gift cards, friendly co-workers
Cons: long hours, heavy lifting, wages
The day begins by opening and starting the production line for my co-workers, as a review the production schudule and unload glass packs. Start the cutting line and reorganize the glass packs in order to have the schudule and cutting line run smoothly. I learn everyday more skills to make me a better worker in my field. My management is great and keeps me satisified by encouraging my work load. My co-workers follow instructions and enjoy working along side of me. As a lead hand I enjoy having a great relationship with all my co-workers to established a great work environment. I have to say that at the end of the day, the heavy lifting is one of the hardest things of my job. I enjoy the co-workers and learning more and more everyday. I feel there is always room for improvement and growing.
A great place for learning and great people!
Shipper/Receiver (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 8, 2013
Pros: the environment and people
Cons: leaving
finding and handling products