Old Navy Employee Reviews

Great Place to work
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON18 September 2017
Awesome place to work! very accommodating, understanding and great people. It was like working with family, they are awesome and nice people and really care for you and your well being.
Pros
Work parties
Cons
No cons!
Sales
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC17 September 2017
Good job! Woking with the team to organize the store. Keeping the sales floors updated and looking appealing. Doing whatever tasks that are told to be done.
organized management and consistent work hours.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 September 2017
Working at Old Navy was a good experience because of the large sales floor, and sizeable staff. The management was very reliable and organized. i had a great time.
productive and fun work environment
Cashier, shipment and sales floor associate (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON11 September 2017
Old Navy is a progressive company . In my opinion I think they have a great management and great employees, its a fun place to work. they offer a lot of flexibility and also the employee discount is great
Cons
not enough shifts
learned something new each day
Floor Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, Canada11 September 2017
- looked over the floor
- promoted indoor advertisement of new items
- helped customers with best customer service
- learned to customize a wall ( an area) according to the season. e.g.: in winter, customized a whole wall with sweaters, hoodies, scarfs, etc.
An alright workplace with communication
Store Clerk (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK8 September 2017
On a typical day I help open stock and stock shelves and help customers. I've learned how to use the lrt gun and how to do cashier and how to use the pricing gun.the most enjoyable part of the job I get to communicate with my co workers.
Pros
I've made friends
Cons
Not enough hours
Poor Work Environment
Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON7 September 2017
Poor work environment, terrible hours/shifts (3-4 hours a week), management team is a mess. I would not recommend anyone I know to work here because it is simply not worth the commuting time, stress, aggravation when you only work 3-4 hours a week, every other week or so.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Non-existent hours, terrible work environment and management is abysmal
Fun Place
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 September 2017
Had fun working here! The work flow was okay, you had your busy days and then not so busy days. Fun coworkers and understanding management! Definitely, try working here.
Great company to work for
Brand Associate (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON1 September 2017
I've worked for Old Navy for 2 years and can say it is a great company to work for. It is perfect for those just starting to work because you will gain a lot of work experience. I personally am trained in all areas of the store as a brand associate but work in the fitting room pretty much all the time. It is a fast paced work environment so be prepared. I would recommend someone to work at Old Navy, great people and atmosphere.
Pros
The people you work with
Cons
The customers that shop there
hard working
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 August 2017
very fast, while working on the floor helping customers you are always running around, extra running because most of the products are not organized properly.
Pros
nice people
Cons
minimum with long hours
Horrible management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB26 August 2017
The managers are disorganized and unresponsive. There have been many complaints against the same manager, and yet she's still working there. It's a good place to work if you're liked by people, or they bully their employees into quitting. I've seen many of my fellow employees getting mistreated in front of me, and I just don't recommend it for anyone. Lack of training and miscommunication leads to misunderstandings and the management doesn't seem to want to take any responsibility. Stay away!
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Awful management, lack of hours
Fun place to work, great co-workers, great hours
Brand Associate (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC22 August 2017
I only worked at Old Navy for a few months but I had a lot of fun with the people I worked with. There is a lot of variety in terms of what a normal shift would look like. You can be helping customers, or working in the back, but it all is enjoyable.
geat place to work but lack working hours
Brand Associate (Current Employee) –  Crossiron mills20 August 2017
people are friendly and awesome to work with. management needs t improve in supporting all their staff. lack of working hours and training and job advancement is a let down for this company
Horrible place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 August 2017
I really did not like working at Old Navy at all. It really was not my cup of tea. It was very unorganized, the store had too much merchandise in it, leaving everything messy-looking.
productive and very fast paste company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 August 2017
Grab name tag from of the fridge then clocks in , check in with manger or floor manger to see what the goals and promotions are for the day. I have learned to deal with outrageous customers and also disability customers with purchasing an item or placing it on hold. I would say dealing with customer's with no penitence or respect but still finding a way to please them with helping finding a item or cashing out. I would say meeting different backgrounds customers and making sure they are pleased.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
A great retail job for those new and experienced
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 August 2017
Old Navy's Erin Mills location was a very enjoyable place to work at. My fellow employees were very friendly and my managers were very welcoming when I first got hired. The environment is casual and quite easy to work in. Just make sure to be familiar with the products. It is just a typical retail job. Very good especially as a first job and easy to pick up the required skills.
Pros
Easy to pick up the skills, everybody is friendly, great environment to work in
Cons
Watch out for the women's clearance section
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 August 2017
Good Place to have a job experience. Manager are always clear and opened to talk.
Fun place to work as a team and not be shy. If you learn fast and are interested you will have a lot of opportunities.
l'aspect le plus agréable de mon poste
Commis-Vendeur (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC15 August 2017
j'ai aimé travailler sous pression pour pouvoir vendre les vêtements et atteindre nos objectifs de la journée.
Fun and Mature Workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON14 August 2017
A typical work day is four to five hours long with a paid 15 minute or unpaid 30 minute break, respectively. I learned that you must be quick and efficient in order to receive recognition and praise in a huge corporate workplace. Management is phenomenal, they are understanding, caring and kind. A hard part of the job is refolding clothes that you folded seconds earlier, and accepting the fact that people will always mess up your displays. Another hard part of the job is accepting the fact that its hard to get to know your coworkers as you are rarely placed with the same people for the first month. The hardest part of the job, by far, is being aware that you should not buy everything you love there or you will never make any money. The employee discount is awesome and the coworkers and managers are some of the best people I have ever met.
Fast pace work environment and fun to work in a team to complete the day to day tasks.
Brand Associate & Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 August 2017
It was a great experience working at Old Navy. I had learned a lot while working at the store such as; how to work well under pressure, complete the given task within the limited time, deal with the angry customers with great verbal and non-verbal communication etc.. Every day you get the different tasks to work on if you working on the floor. Therefore, it is quite fun and great for the people especially who don't like repetitive tasks.
Pros
Increased the persuading, negotiating and influencing skills
Cons
Less working hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Old Navy. Our community is ready to answer.