Old Navy Employee Reviews

Fun workplace to experience more knowledge
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC20 November 2017
I learned many things, I have learned how to mange costumers which gained me to communicate with costumers. During my work experience at old navy they taught we skills and knowledge of things I will need in working.
good times
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON16 November 2017
Good entry level position. lots of cleaning and organizing of clothing sections. Lots of fun over the holidays while during the busiest season of the year
Very Welcoming
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 November 2017
I personally love working at places that feels like a family and old navy is just like that! i enjoy working with everyone there! Everyone is super nice and the service is really good.
As good as you expect
Brand Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON12 November 2017
For the few months I have been working here, and it being my first retail job, this job is as cool as I expected. I've been wanting to work retail for some time now and I'm happy that Old Navy gave me the opportunity for this. The management is very cool, they bring you in pretty easily, on my orientation day there just happened to be a little party, nice first impression. Even when we're busy (which is very frequently because of my location and the nature of Old Navy) the management could be mostly laid back. Day to day is also what you'd expect, just at a faster pace. It is pretty overwhelming especially for a newcomer but they would not welcome you if they didn't think you were ready. The hardest part is all of the traffic and trying to keep up with the volume of the store, the most enjoyable part are the other employees which cushion the job in a very pleasant way.
Pros
Fun coworkers
Cons
High Traffic / Overwhelming
Good environment
Lead Cashier (Current Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC9 November 2017
Good people to work with, but expectations are not always clear. management cares about the employees but there is constant change in leadership. Constant change in policy regarding days off/holidays which can be confusing as most of the employees are part-time.
Pros
fun and friendly environment
Cons
expectations are not always clear and consistant
Worked here for like 2 days
Seasonal Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON8 November 2017
Worked for 2 days as seasonal don't have much to say. Staff were friendly and it's a fun environment. Hope to return one day. Don't have much else to say.
Pushy management
Product and Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 November 2017
The expectations of the managers be that you are available 24/7 which does not give you the availability to have a work/life balance. They are not flexible about this part of the position but they do not tell you about this expectation/requirement until after you are offered the role. They are very disorganized regarding scheduling as well which makes the ability to be available 24/7 very difficult if you have any restrictions in your life (take transit, have children or pets that require care when you are working, have requests for time off).
Pros
Good discounts
bad management
Brand Associate, Fitting Room Lead (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 November 2017
does not care for employees, no raise but unbelievable work load, setup with no options of saying no. Promotions that do not include raises. Management is terrible.
In and out type of job, but no major issues
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 November 2017
Old Navy was an easy job, you go in and fold clothes or do whatever your manager told you to do. One of my managers was pretty rude, but otherwise, it wasn't bad. It wasn't lively and we couldn't talk to each other at all. Discount is great.
Pros
discount, easy job
Cons
kind of boring, can't talk to each other
Productive & Fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 November 2017
Really fun place to work and learn. Interesting associates to work with and great management. I currently started working here recently and it's been great. Really enjoying it!
Mismanaged with no room for growth
Lead Cash Handler, Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 October 2017
-company is very mismanaged
-there is no room for growth
-company gives very low wages and low hours
-very irresponsible staff and management
-rules are not followed by management (hypocrisy)
Friendly place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC19 October 2017
Old Navy is a very friendly place to work. The managers are understanding and helpful and they will go out of their way to help you. I would highly recommend working for Old Navy. The only problem I have with working with Old Navy is the fact that they have these huge stores and so many employees but they don't have enough radios, they don't have a big enough lunch room for staff, everyone has to share lockers.
Pros
nice staff, good hours, good pay, good chances of moving up.
Cons
small break room, not enough radios or lockers, way too many employees.
Finishing all task on time
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 October 2017
• Enchanting experiences through exceptional customer service
• Organizing and separating clothing item in a timely manner
• Cleaning and maintaining the store
• Marketed and sold clothing items to costumers
Pros
Cons
folding jeans
Overview of working for Old Navy
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 October 2017
Old Navy is a workplace that provides work opportunities to diverse people. But there are very few hours given- 3 hours in a whole week despite giving a whole week availability. You're stuck being a Sales Associate forever, with not many opportunities to advance in career. Not worth it. Find another job.
Oh, and managers threaten to fire people on a regular basis without attempting to understand other circumstances that impact how they work!
Pros
Treats on special days ( New Year etc.)
Cons
Less hours, next to none career advancement opportunities.
Good Enviroment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BC4 October 2017
Staff is friendly.The overall environment is positive.
Better Chances of Growing. A good place to start your career.Always energetic and cares for their staff.
Toxic Work Environment
Business and Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON4 October 2017
There is absolutely not enough respect or care in this location for it to be worth working there. Being in the company for many years, I have learned a lot but nothing is worth the stress that the company hands you. The culture and the environment is toxic and drains you of your energy.
Old Navy
GAP ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS4 October 2017
Fun part time job while i was finishing off my degree. I met a lot of great people and that really made the job for me. I enjoyed the management team as they were really caring and encouraging
mhm
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON2 October 2017
This was my first job and truly disappointing. I had SOME good team members others not so much. MANAGERS were terrible all 5 of them. that is all I have to say about this place.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Retail cashier and associate (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB2 October 2017
Every one at Old Navy was very kind and caring, the management listened to my concerns and made time to help with any issues i had. Overall i really enjoyed my experience at Old Navy.
not enough hours
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS2 October 2017
Old Navy did a massive hire over Christmas and there wasn't enough hours for the number of people hired. The atmosphere was good and the people were friendly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Old Navy. Our community is ready to answer.