- Checking guests in and out of hotel guests
- Handling guest complaints and concerns in an efficient and timely manner
- Follow-up with any guest complaints or concerns to ensure guest satisfaction
- Coordinating and multi-tasking job duties in a busy environment
- Being cross-trained in all functions of the Front office department: Night Audit, Switchboard, Reservations and Front Office
- Processing guests’ accounts
- Handling a cash float
- Providing excellent customer service as per hotel standards
- Greeting guests as they enter and exit the hotel.
- Providing information regarding the Hotel, town attractions, activities etc.
- Manage same-day room inventory and yield management
- Effectively maximizes inventory levels during high occupancy/sold out nights
- Verify that revenue from all sources is accurately balanced and stated in the property management system; investigate, correct and follow up on any discrepancies
- Produce daily reports for departments and department heads
- Transmit batch credit reports to credit card processor
- Complete and verify all banquet postings in a timely manner
- Monitor Security activities and report as necessary
- Enter and verify all wake-up calls for guests
- Daily communication summary passed on to the next shift * Completion of Incident Reports
- Other duties as assigned by the Night Manager and/or Front Office Manager
- Consistently demonstrates a commitment to personal guest service excellence and profitably through special duties as assigned
- Knows all emergency procedures and general crisis situation management, including fire and emergency procedures, and Health & Safety standards
- 2 years of Front Office experience
- Good command of the English language is essential, both written and verbal
- Additional languages spoken would be an asset
- Must be neat, professional and well groomed
- Must possess strong organization time management skills, attention to detail
- Must be guest service focused and a team player
- Knowledge of roomMaster PMS system would be an asset
- Previous experience with computers would be an asset
- Previous experience in a service related position would be an asset.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
- Must possess excellent communication skills
- Positive attitude and outgoing personality is essential
- Must be able to work shifts - days, evenings, weekends and holidays
- Ability to relate well to Hotel guests and employees
- High initiative/Self-starter; Good communication skills
- Professional in demeanor and presentation
- Personable, enthusiastic, self-motivated and able to work independently
- Ability to learn quickly.
- Observant, discriminating and detail-oriented
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and request clarification when needed.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Pleasant in demeanor and presentation * Dependable and reliable
Indeed - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard -