Old Dutch Foods Employee Reviews

Sales Representative- Serviced (Former Employee) –  Elmsdale, NS16 November 2017
Great work/Life balance. Very repetitive job but it was easy for the most part and the people were great. Good pay and benefits. Feel like your part of something and everything you do benefits you and your pay.
Fast paced, strict, good pay
Seasonal Packer (Former Employee) –  Hartland, NB15 November 2017
Overall it was a decent place to work I only worked there for a month and a half so I may have a biased opinion because I was also only there for the busiest time of the year! The best part was the pay and the people I met while I worked there.
Sales
Food Products Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 October 2017
You Start early and Finish Late working extremely hard with no breaks. No support and lots of stops to do . Lots of work to do with little help given.
Pros
Free Chips
Cons
Extremely Long hours
Key Account Manager
Key Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON31 August 2017
Worked well in a relaxed environment. Had the tools to make accounts successful, Worked well with my customers as i was organized and met their deadlines.
Pros
Good People to work with/for
Cons
Doing the amount of work that used to be 3 positions.
Good Place to work
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 July 2017
Good company, not a lot of room for growth but steady work. Good benefits, easy schedule. Good group of coworkers. Company has an excellent product that almost sells itself.
Good money and hours. Could be a fun work environment.
Packer (Former Employee) –  Hartland, NB2 July 2017
Working at Old Dutch was rewarding, because you left after a shift feeling like you earned your money. The people could be fun to work with, as long as you had a laid back attitude about you. The work environment was decent.
Fast paced career.
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON11 June 2017
Being 100% commission and being dictated 100% as to what you can sell is a bone of contention for me . Other then that management is always one step behind, which causes late execution.
Pros
Free past best before chips
Cons
unappreciated and long work weeks
Not a great company to work for.
Relief Route Sales Representive (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB16 May 2017
Terrible company to work for. Management always seeking to pass the blame down the ladder when things go wrong. There is no culpability on middle managers or upper management, it always seems to fall on the lowest person on the totem pole.
Experience
Old Dutch Foods Ltd (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB9 May 2017
Working at old ducth inc. was only a summer job for me, working with my father. He makes decent money and i find that it is one of those jobs that requires you to be motivated in order to make more money.
Very fun and rewarding job
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Revelstoke, BC6 May 2017
I loved the merchandising position. At times hard physically, but definitely worth it. Paid very well and i was able to learn a lot from this position.

Want to know more about Old Dutch Foods?

Ask a question
Great
Relief Driver (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB27 April 2017
Was a good place to work, people were friendly. Pay was great, lots of driving. Not sure what else I can say. If you get hiried here I'm sure you will love it
Fast paced and stressful environment
Seasonal Packer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 March 2017
Good for students who are wanting to make a lot of money over the summer. The people are very welcoming and helpful. The actual job itself is challenging and fast paced, with very few opportunities to rest and a work environment that is extremely hot and loud.
could have been a better experience.
Warehouse and Line Distributor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 March 2017
I did not enjoy my time spent working here. I would not recommend this as a good workplace. it was not a positive environment to work in. and once i found another positon elsewhere I left.
Pros
Cons
management
Average sales company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 March 2017
It is a decent mid tier company to work for. Old Dutch Foods provides average salary/commission along with benefits and vacation. Also to note, you are 100% responsible for your duties and requirements.
Good pay, horrible moral
Packer (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg1 March 2017
Offers good pay and full benefits, but lacking in moral and management. Depending on position there are possible advancement options.
Pros
Benefits and pension
Fun work enviroment
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  New Minas, NS23 February 2017
I have always loved the work environment and the people at the different stores I merchandise. I also like the fact I take my own car, I am able to listen to my own music and stay warm in the comfort of my own vehicle.
Pros
Paid lunches on truck
Cons
Truck is falling apart
great comppany
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Lachine, QC31 January 2017
Very unfortujate that they left Quebec.Old Dutch had very good work ethics, the employees were great to be around. I would preapare the machines for the operation during the night shift. I would also fix any mechanical problems that may occur. I was responsible for cleaning the machines as well as operating the forklift.
Pros
co workers are great, great team work
Cons
That the company left Quebec
Moved on to better things
RELIEF SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Alberta17 January 2017
I moved onto a better company, I approached this job with the same standard I applied to Frito Lay. Found their equipment and administration was less than desired.
Great company with a great route here in northern BC
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Terrace, BC13 January 2017
Great and busy route. Very scenic and has terrific people to work, and deal business with. Very organized and great products
1St night time position
Shipping Clerk (Current Employee) –  Hartland, NB3 November 2016
I process all daily paperwork for loads out. Process new orders. Process usa paperwork including ace and aci manifests. All nightly spreadsheets.
Pros
Very nice boss
Cons
Night work