Old Dutch Foods Ltd Employee Reviews

Good Place to work
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 July 2017
Good company, not a lot of room for growth but steady work. Good benefits, easy schedule. Good group of coworkers. Company has an excellent product that almost sells itself.
Not a great company to work for.
Relief Route Sales Representive (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB16 May 2017
Terrible company to work for. Management always seeking to pass the blame down the ladder when things go wrong. There is no culpability on middle managers or upper management, it always seems to fall on the lowest person on the totem pole.
Great
Relief Driver (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB27 April 2017
Was a good place to work, people were friendly. Pay was great, lots of driving. Not sure what else I can say. If you get hiried here I'm sure you will love it
could have been a better experience.
Warehouse and Line Distributor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 March 2017
I did not enjoy my time spent working here. I would not recommend this as a good workplace. it was not a positive environment to work in. and once i found another positon elsewhere I left.
Pros
Cons
management
Average sales company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 March 2017
It is a decent mid tier company to work for. Old Dutch Foods provides average salary/commission along with benefits and vacation. Also to note, you are 100% responsible for your duties and requirements.
Good pay, horrible moral
Packer (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg1 March 2017
Offers good pay and full benefits, but lacking in moral and management. Depending on position there are possible advancement options.
Pros
Benefits and pension
great comppany
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Lachine, QC31 January 2017
Very unfortujate that they left Quebec.Old Dutch had very good work ethics, the employees were great to be around. I would preapare the machines for the operation during the night shift. I would also fix any mechanical problems that may occur. I was responsible for cleaning the machines as well as operating the forklift.
Pros
co workers are great, great team work
Cons
That the company left Quebec
it a good comany to work for
Shipper/receiver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 December 2015
its a good company to work for.its repuitous and steady work.the work is fast with pauses sometimes.to help with the noise.
Pros
steady work, good pay.
Cons
miro managment
Excellent Working Enviroment
Route Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 September 2015
Starting early in the a.m. to achieve sales targets in reasonable time.
Constant customer relations and interactions with management to continuously succeed with everyday operations.
Accepting a new challenge with every opportunity to succeed and lead by example.
Plenty of autonomy within job activities and decision making.
Company needs slight adjustments
Food Products Sales Representative (Route Sales) (Current Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON21 March 2015
A typical day would include delivering chips/partner food brands to convenience stores and grocery stores. Communicating with store managers about upcoming promotions and attempting to gain more floor space for displays.

The list goes on about what I've learned while working at this company. The most significant thing I've learned is how to communicate with various different type of individuals. It teaches one to adapt to different frames to adjust to help serve a person wants and needs, If and when one is truly listening to someone's needs and wants. In short, I've learned to communicate effectively and accurately through listening and communicating correctly with people.

When it comes to management, I've learn that not everyone should have power.

I do not find this job hard nor would I ever find any job hard. If one has their mind right they can make the biggest leaps look like baby steps. But most find being organized the hardest part because there's a lot to be done on a daily basis and you must be able to mutli-task several duties at once.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the people. Every store clerk, receiver, manager, or stock boy make my day enjoyable. I feel as if I work at all 50 stores I provide service to weekly. Regardless of the attitude or extreme of happiness of the individual, dealing with people is what I believe I was meant to do.
Pros
Many wonderful people to be seen on a daily basis
Productive and learned extensively
Relief Driver/Merchandiser/Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton23 August 2013
The first summer I was hired to be a relief driver and I would essentially take over a independent business owners truck and continue with his route for the time that he/she was on holidays. I was in charge of all the day to day activities of running a business financially and physically. I was required to fill orders, sales, stock shelves, invoice, etc. At the end of my day I had to restock the truck and prepare for the next day. There was continuous learning involved each and every day that involved numeracy of 5 digits or more at times, bookkeeping, sales, and people involvement. The second summer that I worked I was needed more in the warehouse since the company was on strike. So, I learned the logistics side of the company and was the head of shipping and receiving. There was also quality control of a food product that was part of my daily routine. I was the go to person that was in charge of the whole ware house and its staff. I did have to report to senior management regarding certain issues but for the most part I was in charge.
Pros
Continued learning
Cons
Lots of driving