Olameter

Olameter Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Job
Metering Technician, Team Lead (Former Employee), Barrie, ONSeptember 16, 2013
I made more money at this job than any other I've had.
You need to be physically fit and have a positive attitude. Piece work is not for everyone, but if you are a hard worker, you will reap the rewards.
Tiring, and a bit hard on the body, but over all a great experience.
A great experience.
Project Manager/Installer (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONAugust 21, 2013
Pros: good pay, good atmosphere, usually working at your own pace.
Cons: occasional overtime, long days, and grumpy customers.
The day to day operations changed depending on which position I was in. Having been at Olameter for almost 5 years I was able to see many of the different aspects of the company. All of which were enjoyable and satisfying. At the end of the day you could easily see the work you had done. Either by tracking you walking routes, looking down at your installations tracking sheets, or looking through production reports. In my opinion this visual helped to keep spirits high when you had a rough day, which was few and far between. Honestly a great place to work, and great people to work with.
The pay is great if you work hard
Field Service Representative (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 24, 2013
Management often springs pay changes on you then demands you sign a new contract.
Outstanding Company
Electric Meter Reader (Former Employee), Wetaskiwin, ABMarch 4, 2013
Pros: able to set own hours (within reason)
Without a doubt, one of the best jobs I have ever had.

When first interbiewed/hired, my supervisor said I would be lucky to break even at the end of two months. By four months I should start to see a bit of profit and by six months, begin to see some real income.

This job was piece work - the more you did, the more you got paid. By the end of the six month mark, I was grossing about $60,000 a year and I was able to regularly take an extra day off to volunteer with an outdoor youth group.

What was supposed to take 4 hours to complete, I would accuratley do in about 2 1/2.

The job was outside and in all kinds of weather (sometimes extreme), but I was able to organize my work accordingly to reduce the environmental impacts I had to face.

May 25, 2013

This former employee doesn't say why he/she is no longer employed with them.

Good people to work with
Spare" Lead-Hand (Current Employee), Sault Ste. Marie, OntarioFebruary 24, 2013
Pros: good exercise and lots of fresh air.
Cons: bad weather and bad dogs.
My work begins in the morning where I am assigned my route for the day to either read water and electric meters for the P.U.C. or gas meters for Union Gas. This job can be long and tedious on some days or short and easy on other days. My supervisor is good at what she does and is helpful in assisting the readers when we incur problems on our routes. The other readers I work with are all friendly and will assist each other when needed. The hardest part of my job is putting up with the weather, especially in the winter. The most enjoyable part of my job is being outside walking for approximately 4 to 6 hours each day when the weather is nice.
bonne entreprise
Technicien/installateur (Former Employee), Montréal, QCFebruary 11, 2015
parfait pour se faire une expérience comme technicien, cela permet d'acquérir de l'expérience technique tout en travaillant dans un environnement dynamique et motivant