Okaply is looking for qualified candidates to become an essential part of their team operating out of our facility in Calgary, Alberta. Okaply Industries, established in 1966, specializes in the manufacturing of pre-finished paneling, supplying the retail market as well as manufacturers of Recreational Vehicles, Pre-fab homes and factory built structures.
The Machine Operator is the right hand of the plant manager. He will be responsible to operate efficiently production equipment to ensure optimum output and quality. The successful candidate will work closely with staff to ensure optimum plant performance. This position will report to the Plant manager.
If you are looking for an opportunity to grow your leadership career to the next level, this may be the opportunity for you!
Duties will include:
- Operate various laminating equipments
- Perform general maintenance on equipment including minor repairs and clean-up activities
- Ensures on time delivery and execution of scheduled orders
- Communicate with operations staff to optimize production operations on a daily basis
- Ensuring standard work procedures for operators and material handlers are being followed
- Ensuring environmentally responsible and safe operation practices are carried out in accordance with government and company policies. Participate actively in their continuous improvement
- Accountable to follow all policies and procedures defined in the company quality systems and ensure that our products matches established standards
- Responsible and accountable for root cause and corrective action for KPI target misses and other production related issues
- Responsible to ensure accuracy of operating production data (raw materials consumed and total goods produced) including the non-conformances
- Experience in a production/manufacturing environment
- Mechanically inclined to perform general maintenance and repairs on production equipment
- Industry training and education required for safe plant operations and a solid understanding of Health & Safety regulations
- Proven ability to communicate effectively across multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent analytical skills
- Computer literacy with MS Word, Excel, Outlook - basic to intermediate level
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and team focused skills
- Punctual and reliable
The hours of work are 7:00 am to 3:30 pm, Monday to Friday. Overtime may occur from time to time. Location: Calgary, Highfield area, T2G 4C9. For more information about our company, please visit www.okaply.com
Candidates considered for further review will be contacted directly. All other resumes will be kept on file for future consideration. Thank you for your interest.