Okanagan Valley Cannabis is seeking a Quality Assurance Manager for a licensed producer of medical Marijuana under Health Canada’s MMPR program.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Drafting, designing, and implementing appropriate quality systems for a pharmaceutical environment
- Creating Standard Operating Procures (SOP)
- Ensuring the SOP are followed/modified/implemented appropriately,
- Perform regular internal audits, sampling of product for laboratory testing, review of the analytical results, implementing corrective measures, investigate complaints, conduct recall, etc.
- Acting as the key contact person to ensure high quality product for eligible clients under the MMPR
- Training staff on quality systems and SOP
Qualifications and Skills
- No Criminal Record
- Must be very organized and able to show great attention to detail
- Creative problem solver and able to think critically
- Good communication skills and able to work effectively in a team setting
- Degree in Chemistry, Microbiology, Horticulture, Medicine or related
- Work Experience in a Quality Assurance role
- Knowledge of the Food and Drug Act
- Knowledge of Health Canada’s MMPR
- Knowledge of the World Health Organization’s Quality Assurance of Pharmaceuticals
- Previous experience with Marijuana or other pharmaceutical drugs or controlled substances would be an asset
Salary to be negotiated based on experience and knowledge.
Applicants should include a resume/CV and cover letter when applying.
Closing Date: May 31, 2014