Your experience, enthusiasm, and creativity will be welcome assets in furthering the Okanagan Science Centre (OSC) mission: to inspire scientific inquiry through dynamic and interactive learning experiences; to encourage all ages to appreciate the relevance and universality of science, and its application in our region.
You will work with the OSC program and education team to research, develop, and evaluate a suite of educational programs, ranging from hour-long interactive demonstrations to week-long camps. Your creativity and knowledge of the provincial curriculum will enhance the overall quality and depth of our educational programming.
The Education Assistant is a permanent part-time position ideal for educators. Given the range of responsibilities, this position provides an excellent opportunity to gain valued experience in informal education, program development, and evaluation.
- Research, develop, and document educational activities for recurring public programs, preschool programs, homeschool programs, and single- and multiple-day science camps.
- Assist with the creation and testing of evaluation tools for new and existing programs.
- Work with OSC program team to manage educational supplies and equipment.
- Assist with the design of training programs for program delivery staff and volunteers.
- Assist with the design of training programs for program delivery staff and volunteers
- Assist OSC team with gallery tasks, special events, and marketing as necessary.
- Bachelor of Education degree (preferred) with knowledge of the provincial curriculum.
- Teaching experience in formal and/or informal education sectors.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate complex concepts easily to a diverse population of learners.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Strong, demonstrable organization, time management, and problem solving skills.
- Permanent part-time (20-35 hours per week)
- Wage: $16 per hour
- Start date to be mutually agreed upon
- The successful candidate will be required to provide a criminal record check and drivers abstract.
How to Apply
Email a cover letter and a resume clearly detailing your experiences and qualifications for this position to: Executive Director at info(at)okscience.ca. No phone calls, please.
Indeed - 24 months ago
"The Okanagan Science Centre is a non-profit, charitable organization whose mission is to "inspire scientific inquiry through...